It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study finds twist in human evolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Study finds twist in human evolution

news.yahoo.com

It's the equivalent of finding that your grandmother and great-grandmother were sisters rather than mother-daughter, said study co-author Fred Spoor, a professor of evolutionary anatomy at the University College in London.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I think they are still a long way from the truth.
To me its amazing they can write history based on a few fossils.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

The paper is based on fossilized bones found in 2000. The complete skull of Homo erectus was found within walking distance of an upper jaw of Homo habilis, and both dated from the same general time period. That makes it unlikely that Homo erectus evolved from Homo habilis, researchers said.

I don't see how the discovery of Homo habilis and Homo erectus fossils from the "same general time period" changes anything. It would be expected that, if Homo erectus evolved from Homo habilis, it would take a hunk of time for erectus to displace habilis. We know, for instance, that Homo sapiens existed on at least two continents -- and probably three -- with erectus.

If Homo erectus did not evolve from Homo habilis, then who did they evolve from? The long exinct Australopithecines?

join