It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Captured Video Shows Iraqi Insurgents Firing Sophisticated Iranian-Made Rockets at U.S. Positions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Captured Video Shows Iraqi Insurgents Firing Sophisticated Iranian-Made Rockets at U.S. Positions

www.foxnews.com

Dramatic video produced by Iraqi insurgents and captured in a raid earlier this week by U.S. troops clearly shows a battery of sophisticated Iranian-made rocket launchers firing on American positions east of Baghdad, Pentagon officials said Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Wow, what a surprise (not)...Won't be long in my opinion before we go to war with Iran.

I am still looking for the video link, if someone finds it before me please post it. Thanks! (

Here is a photo link related to the story:

www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Im not up on current military techonology, but what in that picture identifies the rocket battery as being iranian?

From what I saw, there certainly wasnt a flag or identifying markings. Is it the make and shape that is supposed to be iranian?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Why is it when some people attack our army with old surplus US WWII weapons, M-16s, or Colt 45s you never ever see a news report saying:
Insurgents Firing American Made Weapons at US Positions!

Oh, thats right! American corporations and the CIA could arm anyone they please. After all, it is a free market! Guns for drugs for everyone!

The moment some other country tries to interfere with our monopoly on misery we shout it from the rooftops:
"China Suppling..."
"Iran Giving Weapons..."
"Egypt Selling..."

Its all just propaganda. Remember, we do the same thing as Iran - but we also control the news papers so its all "OK!" Wake up.

Jon

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Iranian rockets? Sorry, I'm afraid that I can't read any neat writing in Farsi on the sides of the actual rockets....... which is normally present when accusations are flying about.

To be honest, I'd be surprised if weapons weren't coming in from Iran, or Turkey, or Syria, or Jordan, or Saudi Arabia, or Kuwait. If they're not making weapons themselves they've got to be getting them from somewhere...... of course, many of the weapons could be made in China, Russia or anywhere else for that matter.

Saying a rocket came from Iran can also mean it came through Iran. After all, the US can't say the weapons came through Saudi since you've just decided to give them millions of dollars worth of kit...... the US gov would look somewhat stupid.

Iran are the US' bogeymen at the moment, so you all lap up the propaganda.

Oh, and I rather doubt the US will declare war on them. That would just be silly.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
New type of Katusha but who made them? No modern army uses such a rail slide lancher except that in the soviet block era, So they are made in Iraq or Iran most likely. I would put money on Iran because of the size of them and success.

new topics

top topics

join