It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazilian Professor has an Antigravity Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hi, thanks for coming everyone. This happens to be my first thread.

I'm posting this because of the recent news regarding the discovery of levitation effects using the Casimir effect. I've been aware for some time now of a Brazilian professor named Fran De Aquino. He's written a number of papers related to antigravity, including his own explanation of the Casimir effect. His papers are not written for the layman, to be modest. (I'm about to graduate with a BS in physics and his theories are still beyond my grasp, at least for the moment.)

I'm not trying to say if this guy is right or wrong, and I don't think anyone replying will be able to judge any better. But it's interesting to see that there is someone with an actual theory as to how antigravity effects could be understood scientifically.

Here's the link to his website:

users.elo.com.br...

By the way, I posted this in Mil & Gov projects because I'm pretty sure this guy is funded by the Brazilian Gov.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Kind of sounds like loop quantum gravity, which is actually a relatively mainstream theory, though I don't think many scientists believe antigravity is even possible.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Long read on the second article. Summary: the lack of progress that has been made has lead many scientists to believe antigravity is a pipe dream.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the informative reply. It's my opinion that there must be a way for electromagnetism to affect gravity, because gravity can affect magnetism, i.e. gravitational lensing. Also, if flying saucers exist, they must use technology that can be explained with more advanced physics than the mainstream.

My point is: I believe some saucers incidents are real so I believe there must be physics to explain it.

Your summary is accurate in describing the current status of antigravity. I am curious; do you know of any experiments conducted to test antigravity effects? I personally do not know of any, except for testing done with 'lifters' which showed that no antigravity was involved.

I am curious if anyone has tested Aquino's antigravity claims; for instance, his equation relating an object's gravitational mass to its wave energy. He shows how this equation can be satisfied using the properties of mumetal wire and the ELF frequency range of the EM spectrum. Such a device would achieve zero or negative gravitational mass if enough wave energy was 'pumped' into it, apparently. As far as I know this hasn't been tested yet.

I feel that there is suspiciously little activity in this field within mainstream science.

So, if anyone knows of antigravity experimentation, I'd much appreciate if you share the info!

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Here's some of my research so far into antigravity experimentation

Gravitomagnetic London moment:

arxiv.org...
arxiv.org...

I'm not yet sure what the implications are; Wikipedia states that this is not widely accepted experimentation.

Wikipedia's reported antigravity experiments:

en.wikipedia.org...

(from the link sent by uberanarchist)

top topics

join