It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stratford UFO's are lanterns. Right......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It has been reported that the mass UFO sighting in Stratford Upon Avon were Chinese lanterns tnat had been released into the air a few miles away. This has to be the lamest, least convincing cover story in the history of the UFO phenomenon. I don't ever remember hearing about lanterns flying through the air at fast speeds or forming delta shped formations. The witnesses who saw this have said that they were clearly moving like some sort of advanced aircraft. If they were lanterns, they probably would've moved like ballons. If they want us to believe their cover stories, they should be a bit more convincing, wouldn't you agree?

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I agree with you 100% that lanterns weren't the cause for this sighting. People just seem to ignore the actual witnesses. I'm not sure what what those people saw that night. But lanterns isn't a very convincing explanation to me. For me this was one of the convincing ufo incidents which was backed up with a lot of reliable evidence and witnesses. My conclusion is this was a genuine ufo..I don't know the origin of the objects.But very exciting

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
But the thing is... while it may have seen very "not random" from the video, what would it have looked like if you were standing on the east, or west, side of these lights.
The shape must have looked completely meaningless...

[edit on 9/8/07 by flice]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
FWIW Stratford is on the flight path for Birmingham Intl Airport - and I seriously doubt they for one entity would have missed such an event.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
in the original thread some guy posted a message from some newspaper or whatever it was....reading that some married couple was apologizing about having lanterns at theyr party that they released and that was the ufos....
yea.....i hate debunkers
im sure a chinese lanterns does light speed

and im sure chinese lanterns arrange in strange shapes in the sky stoping and fliyng into formation

these people that try to cover all this have no shame

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Again... did it occur to you that the shape would look different and completely uninteresting from another angle of view? It could merely be a fluke that the formation turned out the way it did from that angle.

Lets say that the lights are in the center of a circle, now travel 90 degrees around that circle and the formation would look different...

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
ooouu totaly forgot about this....before i was wondering the same question.
i guess its probably just a formation....or the aliens are really smart and know how to stand so the town below can see them in this angle....they have space ships after all....some mathematical work shouldnt be a problem for them

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
So what you are saying is that the aliens specificly wanted to message the drunken people in front of the pub and south of that? (or was it north...)

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
no i dont know...i guess they were just in that formation....i dont know why....but still the formation looked from that angle is realy strange...but i guess its just concidence

there was a thread about nasa making a shuttle with nuclear warheads incase of meteorid heading to earth...
do u think there is a possibility that a meteor is heading to earth?

and ufos tried to warm us

after all lazy guiz at nas dont work for nothin

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I totally forgot my parents live in stratford and my father is a member of the golf club that set the lanterns off - does deny ignorance escape you all ?

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I guess so - it must be being british and sensible

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
man ur a real party destroyer

but i dont believe

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I'm heard the evidence concerning the Lantern theory, About the wedding occurring and some guests let them off, but I'm not dismissing the evidence at hand, and I'm not convinced by the lantern theory. I'm not dismissing it completely, but it's not enough for me to totally disregard the ufo theory, and the testimonies tell there own story. I suppose it's who you want to believe. Plus check the surrey sighting, very similar indeed, and makes me think the stafford event is quite genuine.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by paul76

Hello, I was at a wedding at the thistle hotel, i wrote good wishes to the couple, lit, and released one of the lanterns myself. I have photos of this if you want to see the proof and accept this reality.

Kind regards

Chris

join