It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question That Has Been Plaguing Us All

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It has been 10 years, people.

10 years ago we started asking ourselves the question that only one person could answer. And did she? No.

I think you all know what that question is.

What did Harry Potter become after the seventh book?

*warning, spoilers ahead*

And now, after the 7th book has been finished, read and read again, we still do not know! This can only be described as cruel and unecessarily frustrating!

Is he the headmaster of Hogwarts? Minister for Magic? An Auror? A house dad? A house ELF?? The new lead singer for the Weird Sisters??! WE JUST DON'T KNOW!

Kids and adults alike all over the world will now have NO CLOSURE. We will always be wondering: What is Harry Potter doing now that the evil Lord Voldemort has been conquered?

What do we know, though? He now has kids. Kids with the most ridiculous and begging-for-a-flogging names that any person could think of. This tells us nothing though! He is a father! BIG DEAL! So is Lucious Malfoy!

I MAY have had 7 too many drinks tonight but I still think this is an important issue that needs to be discussed. If not for my own personal gratification then for the kids. THE KIDS!! THINK OF THE KIDS!!

I put this in the Secret Societies forum because I honestly think that the Harry Potter phenonemon (I really have no idea if that word is spelt correctly. Pretty ridiculous word if you ask me.) has created a sort of cult, or society, if you will.

I will.

Now what was I talking about?

Ah yes. What is Mr Potter doing with himself nowadays?

Any intelligent and educated responses would be greatly appreciated as this is an issue that is held very close to my heart.

AVADA KADAVRA!

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
isn't he performing on stage in England somewhere, nude

Seriously, do you really think this is the end of the Potter books? I don't, there's too much money in them and if I was the author, I'd still be writing.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I read about that! Wasn't very interested though

Perhaps if it was Emma Watson in that performance? Though that is for an entirely different website...

I must say, thank you for the reply. You are the only one to bother saying anything out of 30 people. Le Sigh.

But to answer you question, NO! I don't think it's the end of the books. Surely there's PLENTY to write about! Even if it's books on Dumbledores past! (I personally would love to read novels about that) I think she still has a few tricks up her sleeve.

Not that she needs them. She's (J.K. Rowling, obviously) made an absolute fotune from the HP series.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I'll be a total loser and reply to my own reply just to ask a question, how do I edit my posts?

As you may have noticed I made a typo in the previous post and I want to fix it up, I just can't see any 'edit' button.

Lil help?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
If you're logged in, the button should be pretty obvious.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I totally found it like, a minute after posting that.

Rest assured I feel completely and utterly stupid.

BUT SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!!

HARRY POTTER! C'mon! P ... please?

Am I just damaging my reputation here?

[edit on 8-8-2007 by Toy_soldier]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I haven't read the book, but based on the ending, it sounds like an awful lame ending to the series. Though, in a way, JKR did paint herself into a corner. She couldn't kill HP because there probably would be mass suicides if she did. Nevertheless, I do hope she has the decency not to make more books...

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
If you truly found the 'edit post' button one minuter later, why didn't you edit your post that was asking where it is?!

Toy, I haven't read any of the books since number 4, but I am still going to offer my opinion.

I think Harry Potter became sidekick caretaker of Hogwarts because he liked that big guy so much. Ol' whats-his-name.

Either that or a naked pony ride tour guide.

Or a Nazghoul rider.

Or maybe he services people's wands these days.

I say we roll a dice and decide which one is the truth.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I heard he became a very successful professional quidditch player, Captain of th enational team, sponsorship deals etc married one of the weird sisters pop group (the one that couldnt sing) and is currently trying crack the US taking the family over for the ride including his 3 sons called Broom-lyn, Romulus & Crozz. So far though "Goldenbrooms" aint done much for the "game" over there.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hey folks,
According to an interview with J.K Rowling I read on www.mugglenet.com, Harry and Ron went to work for the ministry of magic as aurors, with Harry as the head of the department. Hermoine also went to work for the ministry, in legal enforcement. Neville became the new herbology proffessor at Hogwarts. These facts were supposed to be in the epilogue, but were cut out. Rowling is supposed to put out a Harry Potter Encyclopedia, with back stories, etc.

Shadowtiger

top topics

join