It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw the craziest thing this morning...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostryder21
I know where I live because of the particular buildings in the area (Y-12, K-25 and such) I have seen both types of vehicles you have described. They usually patrol near the buildings and when there’s an anti-war protest outside Y-12, they usually line up 3 SUV’s and 2 Crown Vic’s to block and increase security.

An interesting note, last week I was followed by one of the Crown Vic’s on my way to work. When I drive to work I do have to drive by Y-12, a tinted and dark Crown Vic got behind me as I was going up the street passing by Y-12 and followed me till it realized I was not going to Y-12 but continuing on. When it decided to turn I slowed down to see where it would go, it basically did a U-turn and went inside Y-12. Weird, but cool.

Well, you have me really curious...where do you live?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Cool story.

As you say, it kinda teaches one something about one's observational skills under pressure, eh?

Amazing how hard it is to remember a license plate, only three letters and three numbers, while one's only other occupation at the time is riding a bicycle.

Are you being snarky? Sorry, can't tell.

This is why usually one witness isn't enough for a case, because of the holes. I would be too be also watching their meneuvers to notice the tag until too late. I sympathize because this is something I would do.

That is why law enforcement know if people have the exact same story, it is collaborated. Becasue people notice differnt things. You may have written down the tags. I would have been trying to figure out their meneuvers. My hsuband would of told you what rims/tires they had.

Anywhoo, I think this guy did pretty well considering and wouldn't mind him witnessing a crime against me.

I would say it is an exercise. Police do this sort of thing all the time. I used to work for the state park service, cutting grass or something, and I would see a guy suddenly get mauled by a german sheppard. I tried to think what I should do to help him, which was usually stand there and gawk, when all of a sudden a uniformed officer came on the scene and retrieved the dog. I guess they needed real world training. Or all of a sudden some infantry military folks came storming out of the woods. again, real woods training.

Add me to the list of people who haven't seen HS cars before. Must mean they don't have many.

[edit on 8-8-2007 by nixie_nox]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Isn't it kind of reckless for the Feds to train like this? Couldn't civilians be hurt or killed if something goes wrong?

Thats what I thought at first ~ then on second thoughts I started thinking about the mega bucks you could get if you just had a fender bender, and claimed mental anguish.

I think this world has warped my mind ~ might go and live on a mountain with some monks for a few years if they'd have me

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes
I can only guess what I actually saw -- and yes, the whole incident may have an innocent explanation. But my smell sensor is working overtime on this, and what I witnessed just doesn't fit into the "innocent" catagory.

For those of you from Atlanta, many of the roadways I'm about to mention will be familiar to you. And perhaps I wasn't the only ATSer to witness this today.

I was just merging onto I-85 South from Steve Reynolds Blvd. around 9:30 this morning when I almost immediately noticed a white and blue "Federal Police Homeland Security" SUV cruising in the far left lane. This caught my attention because I never have seen one before, let alone knew that Homeland Security had its own police force with vehicles.

My friend has seen one before but it wasn't blue and white, she said it was black but had DoHS (department of homeland security) on the side of it, and it had what was obviously a communication device out there. She lives out in a rural area (this is in MO) but it's not all that surprising since a Doctor here in town has a few "links" to Terrorists (at least his name shows up on quiet a few FBI documents apparently(I only know this because my Dad is a doctor too and he told me so) but there's nothing conclusive so they're probably just looking for more evidence.

that's all hearsay but I believe it, Could probably find his name on FBI documents if i looked, though I've forgotten his name, I'll have to ask my father when he gets home (if i can remember)

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
You know, now that you mention it... I saw something similar here in Nashville the other day. Probably no more than, eh, 4 days ago? Anyways, I was going in to work and saw what looked like a miniature presidential motorcade getting onto I-65 North from Moores Lane in Franklin, TN (Cool Springs Area). I saw them going around the loop-style ramp (by Outback Steak House) onto the interstate and watched for the few seconds until I lost them as they came around and went under the overpass.

There was a black Caddy Limo with blacked out windows and these little flags sticking up on both sides of the hood toward the front. You know, like the presidential motorcade limos have? I couldn't tell what the flags had on them - I was a little ways off. But the Limo did have a big black SUV in front of it and behind it - motorcade style. All three vehicles had antennas. None of them appeared to have special markings, besides the unknown flags on the front of the Caddy.

Wonder who that was?
I know there are a few gubment socialites that live around here, including Al Gore. I've even worked valet at a couple of his house parties (and the pay sucked too!
lol). His house is more in the west end of town, but maybe he went shopping at Cool Springs Mall? lol

Who knows, I just thought it was odd.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I saw a homeland security car for the first time too, traveling through Hall county last month. It looks exactly in design to the picture JJ posted. Apparently, somewhere so remote like Hall County, needs Homeland Security to patrol the highway.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
I saw a homeland security car for the first time too, traveling through Hall county last month. It looks exactly in design to the picture JJ posted. Apparently, somewhere so remote like Hall County, needs Homeland Security to patrol the highway.

Hey, it's the perfect job to keep your political supporters from getting bored and beating up the other guy's supporters. Heck, even if they *DO* get bored, at least now they have a half-baked excuse!

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Man, that would be some intesne things to see, i would have done the same as you, mabye even have called 911 to ask ATF is going on here.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Well, you have me really curious...where do you live?

i live in Oak Ridge Tn just outside of Knoxville. if youwant some innfo on the Y-12 or the K-25 buildings just follow the links. the history channel did a show recently about Oak Ridge titeld "the Secret City" or something like that as to how in the 50's and 60's it was huge but now is just a small metropolis.

Reality-
thanks man i have read almost all of Heinlins books. i reread them as often as i can. unfortunatly the last tropical storm that went thru florida destroyed the majority of my collection. yup im originally from miami florida but now i live in Oak Ridge, Tn. moved up here about a year ago and i love it. it is sooo much cooler (temp wise) and i love it here.

sorry for the late reply. i was extremly busy yesterday with meetings, evaluations, and such.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Man, that would be some intesne things to see, i would have done the same as you, mabye even have called 911 to ask ATF is going on here.

I'm not sure that would have been a wise call to make; 911 operators would likely be unaware and I would probably be laughed off the line.

Also, and just for edification, 911 is not how to reach ATF. 911 is for local law enforcement. ATF, being a federal agency, has its own direct line separate from the emergency number network.

[edit on 8/9/2007 by behindthescenes]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Interesting. I live in Atlanta area. Acworth to be exact.
I know our rush hours last from 5am to about 10:30am or 11am. Then from about 2PM north 75 until about 7pm north and 6:30pm south.

Been on these roads/interstates in Atlanta 20 years. Never have seen one
of these vehicles here ever before. Interesting to say the very least.
To be driving 70 - 90 mph is not unusual either any given time of the day by any vehicle.

So thanks for OP - my husband will find this the most interesting.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
OP, I just had a discussion with the husband and he asked me to ask you this....

Did the tag you see have a government sticker on it?
He said if the black car/dark windows was a government vehicle
then it would have the Georgia sticker on it. No matter if it was rural or even local county tags...

Then if it was that would definatley spark this because that would
be very very unusual to say the very least.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vikki
OP, I just had a discussion with the husband and he asked me to ask you this....

Did the tag you see have a government sticker on it?
He said if the black car/dark windows was a government vehicle
then it would have the Georgia sticker on it. No matter if it was rural or even local county tags...

Then if it was that would definatley spark this because that would
be very very unusual to say the very least.

Hey Vikki:

The Grand Vic did have Georgia tags with Hall County registration. It also had two of those heavy-duty all-band aerials attached to each side of the trunk.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join