It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Channel 4 accused of 'distortion'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Channel 4 accused of 'distortion'

news.bbc.co.uk

'Completely distorted'

The investigation was then extended to include looking at issues relating to the editing and portrayal of the programme.

CPS lawyer Bethan David considered 56 hours of media footage of which only a part was used in the programme.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Removed excessive copy/paste over the 500 character limit.

[edit on 8-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
just goes to show how far TV companies will go for ratings
channel four have just been acused of altering and editing video (secret) tapes of preachers in mosques, only keeping in messages and words they see as fit to air on TV,

this is just shows how the media is biased not atleast worried about airing filterd contents to get more viewers despite the impact it would have

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Just been watching this on Sky.

It's Channel 4 though so i don't expect any better from them.

A CH4 spokesman said that there was other comments on the programme that equalled out the comments deemed as enciting extremism. Why then did they not show the entire sentence that was said in the mosque rather than just snippets and choose the most reactive words to show to the public?

CH4 should be removed from tv IMO, they have been involved in that many scandals and basicaly poor journalism that they are a joke now.

I found it ironic that the CH4 spokesperson said that they acted in the publics interest and that overode the sensitivity of the subject. Thats what they said about the Diana documentary the other day.

All they are interested in is money, much like many other networks unfortunately.

What they don't realise is that when they show programmes like this and don't show a true account of the issue, it does more harm than good.

CX.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Its easy to kick CH4 when they're down, seeing as every other news outlet (esp. Sky!) are just as guilty

CX

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth
Its easy to kick CH4 when they're down, seeing as every other news outlet (esp. Sky!) are just as guilty

Thing is, CH4 are always down! Always involved in complaint after complaint, they are renowned for it.

Agreed Sky is as bad, as is all the other News Corps networks and a million other agencies.

Thats why i end up looking at ATS first when i catch up on the news, at least then i may find some truth in the news.

Every now and again, i go for a week or two without looking at the news at all. you'd be amazed how much it improves your productivity and general mood.

CX.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

CH4 should be removed from tv IMO, they have been involved in that many scandals and basicaly poor journalism that they are a joke now.

Oks then remove the BBC.ITV,Channel5,Sky,Telewest. There you go complete control over what we the citizens watch.

I found it ironic that the CH4 spokesperson said that they acted in the publics interest and that overode the sensitivity of the subject. Thats what they said about the Diana documentary the other day.

And I find it ironic that all Channels are guilty of being either biased or misleading the public. You pull one channel from the air, were does it stop. After all it should be up to the viewer what they want to watch and what they dont want to watch. If they disagree with the programme, simple use your remote control and turn it over to another channel.

Remember Channel 4 is not funded by the public, unlike the BBC whitch is.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
All popularist media is fed by the public = you buy a paper you feed the owners - you tune in you pay the license fee = you set up the box you pay the subscription. This is nothing new - we gave lordships for propaganda - Beeverbrook for a first

We use the net as a first best excuse to find independent media and long may it live

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

All popularist media is fed by the public = you buy a paper you feed the owners - you tune in you pay the license fee

There is a difference, Channell four is not financed by public funding, where as the BBC is through the TV License, Channel four is funded through advertisment and viewrs...

top topics

join