It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wicca

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I have done a little research into this, not much but a little. And find this to be about the only religon I can relate to or even kind of believe in. Now I realize religons seem to be all about opinion and faith, not facts. But a religon thats cares for the earth, has a God and Goddess sounds alright by me. I like the 3 fold idea, instead of just being able to ask forgiveness for doing bad things. What do some of you think about this "religon"?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'm Wiccan, so of course it calls to me. I do have a bit of a problem with the threefold law though, because its not balanced. That doesn't mean I'm right though, because many other Wiccans definitely agree with it.

Balance is one of the reasons I became Wiccan. God & Goddess, Male & Female, Light & Dark. Everything in nature is balanced. (Thats why I can't relate to the threefold law
)

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Several of my friends are Wiccan, and at one time I thought about becoming a Wican. I had an easier time relating to it than any of the more traditional religions. One of my Wiccan friends caught a lot of crap from her family when she converted from Christianity, but other than that, she has been very happy in her choice.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Just a few questions, if I may. Is it hard to find others who practice wicca? How would you go about finding others in your(my) area? Is it solitary religon, or are covens needed?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
wiccans dont tend to broadcast their religion, so it can be hard (also hard to find true wiccans, there are alot of pretenders out there). Wicca can be solitary or you can practice in a coven, that's the beauty of wicca, it's what you feel you need, if you feel you must follow your path alone then do so, if you decide you would like companions on your journey, than by all means, seek them out.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I really don't know about finding others, whenever I'm looking to speak with a person, I just start talking to people and asking around and eventually find the people I need to find. I'm pretty sure that Wicca can be practiced alone.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I studied up on wicca for a while. It is, in my opinion, one of the best organized religions, nature based religions around. But, as I went to the various wiccan shops for books and such, I saw that they were mainly comprised of the peacenik and modern hippie crowds. Totally not my taste. A lot of feminists too. On the other hand, Wicca has no set of solid guidelines: you can practice anyway you choose. That is a definite plus.

Here is a link to a very informative wiccan site:

www.witchvox.com...

It's is also a matter of beliefs. I , being of European descent, tend to lean more towards European based religions, pre-Xtianity. Asatru is one of them. It is the old Germanic-Norse beliefs, that got a bad rap after that crackhead Hitler decided to endorse it, and borrow their symbols and mythology. Even now, neo-nazi groups try to link themselves to Asatru. It really sucks. Here's a link to Asatru:

www.religioustolerance.org...

Remember, beliefs can't be right or wrong, they just are

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I've known quite a few, and I'm pretty familiar with it.... In fact, some of my wedding ceremony has some Wiccan/Pagan elements....

Just remember, there are different philosophies of Wicca, just as there are any other religion, so bear that in mind.....

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It was nice to see a thread such as this one; filled with positive comments (to date).
As Gaz said, there are many philosophies of wicca and finding a coven that suits your comfort can be difficult. Where I am, there are no covens and the ones I find are either not representative of my beliefs or I am the wrong gender.
OCRT is an excellent resource as is witchvox, which can be used to locate a coven in your area.

Peace,
BG

[Edited on 16-1-2004 by beergoggles]

top topics

join