It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Diego Firefighters Forced To Attend Gay Pride Parade

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

And, btw, I said "must endure someone waving their genitals at them".

So if it was a female who flashed her breasts in front off them , I suppose they would not have a problem with it???? (no they would not have any problem with it)...

Come on most of what they are accusing is speculation is it not? Seems that you are attacking Gays outright... Until the outcome of the lawsuit all that you are posting is accusations and speculation.

So it is oks for women to flash their breasts for fun, or whistle, or shout comments to firemen, but it is not for others to do the same?? Double standards dont you think

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Double standards? With comments like "show me your hose," "you can put out my fire," "you're making me hot," "give me mouth-to-mouth," "you look hungry, why don't you have a twinkie (from a man wearing a "Girth and Mirth" t-shirt)," and "blow my hose" directs towards the firemen, I would be angry too.

Whatever weird scenario some of you posters can come up with too justify these acts, the action of the parade participators towards the firemen speak for themselves. The firemen have every right to do what they are doing.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by douglas2k4]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Thats what happens when you have a gay leaders,chief Tracy Jarman...to impose her views on other's...Can you imagine it this were to happen in our military? Hope she-he is fired and the Firefighters get Rich, in the law suit.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
How do you know these firefighters were Christian, marg?

Because it says so at least once in the complaint.
Reading is fundamental.

I think these men are looking for a payout in retaliation for being ordered to do something they didn't want to do.

How can you anyone even begin to accept that a person who runs into burning buildings for a job, has to pick up the charred remains of children, or has to give mouth to mouth to a potentially contagious individual for a living could be so humiliated and disturbed by a bunch of gay people and even more apparently by the attacks of christian zealots?

Somewhere in the complaint it says that some command said "this was not a community event". 150,000 peopled gathered on a street with license to do so is most certainly a community event, otherwise it would be riot and entirely different personnel would have been involved, with shields, masks, and batons.

The actions of some of the gay people in the parade I've witnessed at Mardi Gras or any weekend in the French Quarter over several years and I did not need psychological help for seeing it.

Nor did any of New Orleans fire departments or police forces ever whine about it.
The state troopers for years beat up the hippies in violent attacks, while a few blocks away oral sex was occuring in public, go figure.

If you sat down with the fire fighters, as I did, you could get lots of humorous, if not repulsive, stories about what they've witnessed over the years, with big grins on their faces and harty laughs coupled with the usual "oh thats gross but funny as hell" moan/laugh.

We also don't hear these complaints coming out of any other major cities first responders.

We also don't hear the christians who participated in protesting the event filing a lawsuit, nor the gays who felt intimidated and embarassed my the christians suing them.

There were certainly police at this event, they didn't complain, why?

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Legalizer]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer

How do you know these firefighters were Christian, marg?

Because it says so at least once in the complaint.

Where did it say that in the complaint? Are you referring to the very end of page 16/16? One firefighter mad a remark that the comments made by Christian protestors struck home because he is a Christian.

It hardly qualifies as the basis for the complaint, and does not prove that all firefighters were Christian.

Reading is fundamental.

And courtesy is mandatory.

How can you anyone even begin to accept that a person who runs into burning buildings for a job, has to pick up the charred remains of children, or has to give mouth to mouth to a potentially contagious individual for a living could be so humiliated and disturbed by a bunch of gay people and even more apparently by the attacks of christian zealots?

This has previously been answered, but one is a professional doing a job and the other is a voluntary social occasion.

Somewhere in the complaint it says that some command said "this was not a community event". 150,000 peopled gathered on a street with license to do so is most certainly a community event, otherwise it would be riot and entirely different personnel would have been involved, with shields, masks, and batons.

Sorry, but I'll take the word of a fire official over your opinion as to what constitutes a community event.

Another point that needs to be addressed is the fact that a firetruck was taken out of commission for this parade, in a city where resources are scarce. No escape route from the parade or contingency plan was given for the possibility of a real emergency that might happen during the parade.

The actions of some of the gay people in the parade I've witnessed at Mardi Gras or any weekend in the French Quarter over several years and I did not need psychological help for seeing it.

All that proves is that everybody has a different tolerance level.

We also don't hear these complaints coming out of any other major cities first responders.

So what?

We also don't hear the christians who participated in protesting the event filing a lawsuit, nor the gays who felt intimidated and embarassed my the christians suing them.

You mean the protestors that attended voluntarily?

There were certainly police at this event, they didn't complain, why?

How do you know they didn't complain?

This is not the first time that San Diego has faced this very same problem. And the supervisors still have not solved the problem with a good solution. They need a change in management, imo.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
So if it was a female who flashed her breasts in front off them , I suppose they would not have a problem with it???? (no they would not have any problem with it)...

Come on most of what they are accusing is speculation is it not? Seems that you are attacking Gays outright... Until the outcome of the lawsuit all that you are posting is accusations and speculation.

So it is oks for women to flash their breasts for fun, or whistle, or shout comments to firemen, but it is not for others to do the same?? Double standards dont you think

Look, let's get a few things straight:

I couldn't care less if you are gay.

Nor do I care what you do with your genitals in the privacy of your own home.

And you can spend every waking minute "celebrating" the fact that you are gay, if you want to.

Just don't shove it down some else's throat, or force them to "celebrate" the sexual choices you have made.

And, oh, btw, don't play the "double standard" game by substituting women's breasts for men's junk. Those are your words, not mine. Don't make it out to be my words.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Before I answer that question, you need to supply another fact that you omitted:

Is participation in this softball tournament voluntary or mandatory?

And please, no sidetracks on mandatory patrols. I'm talking about the tournament itself.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I am not homophobic.
I do not force my religious views onto others.
(except perhaps on ATS, for discussion purposes, but that's what we're here for, isn't it!?!)
I am not racist. (My halfsisters are half-black and I love them!)
I am not against emancipation.
I don't smoke without asking permission off the attending nonsmokers.

BUT

Can I please have my equal rights as a straight, white, smoking, guy back?
How about a few parades:
- Proud to be white!
- Proud to be straight!
- Proud to be a man!
(- Smokers have rights too!)

I'ld be killed if I organised any one of those parades!

Live and let live: and leave me (us) out of it!!!

Sammy

p.s. not proud to have to (smoke) commit suicide to keep my nerves sorted: but how about equality, I PAY for it:
- Smokers pay vast amounts of taxes
- Smokers die younger: better for the pension funds
Just a few examples: but I don't want to derail the thread for a discussion on smoking!

[edit on 10-8-2007 by Aldolas]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aldolas
How about a few parades:
- Proud to be white!
- Proud to be straight!
- Proud to be a man!

The whole Western world celebrates these things constantly - It's called every day society and mass culture.

You were born into it and were immediately accepted by it, so you never had to examine it like those who aren't embraced by it find themselves doing from time to time.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by VelvetSplash]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Double standards? With comments like "show me your hose," "you can put out my fire," "you're making me hot," "give me mouth-to-mouth," "you look hungry, why don't you have a twinkie (from a man wearing a "Girth and Mirth" t-shirt)," and "blow my hose" directs towards the firemen, I would be angry too.

Speculation, Accusations, these have not yet been proven. Let the lawsuit run its course to see what heppems.

Thats what happens when you have a gay leaders,

Yeah and what has straight leaders done for the world?? Apart from causing Wars get a grip...

I couldn't care less if you are gay. Just don't shove it down some else's throat, or force them to "celebrate" the sexual choices you have made.

And I couldnt care less if your straight. Firemen do that every year when they pose for Calendars, So what is the difference, they shove their bodies in everyones faces every year. Oh but its oks for them to do this but not others.

I am not homophobic.

Going by the comments, you have posted on this thread from the begginnin, that is questionable.

Can you imagine it this were to happen in our military?

Would rather fight alongside a gay soldier.... Alot of soldiers in the US army are gay anyways, they just dont come out and say it incase they are discriminated against.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It is possible these guys are just making unfounded allegations for whatever reasons, but if what they claim is true, I believe it is harassment and should be treated like any other form of harassment, like that against gays and women.

I totally agree. If that was what happened, I feel ashamed to be a part of that community.

What I want to know though is why didn't the firemen have these people arrested? Showing your genitals in public is against the law. Why are we hearing of no arrests?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   

How about a few parades:
- Proud to be white!
- Proud to be straight!
- Proud to be a man!
(- Smokers have rights too!)

I'ld be killed if I organised any one of those parades!

What's stopping you from organizing something? If you think you can't, look into KKK rallies. The freedom to congregate is not being taken away from you. You just don't have the incentive to organize these things. Since basically everyday is white, straight man pride day.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
:shk: What exactly are you looking for here? I fail to see how you cannot distinguish between a PROFESSIONAL relationship versus a social one?

^^i didn't make a statement, i asked a question...

By your logic I would then have to have a drink with the guy or hang out for a drive by lest you lable me a hypocrite.

^^no. i don't see that

Please explain to me why you feel these firemen had some sort of obligation beyond that of a professional relationship in the line of duty?

what i simply wanted to know is if they are so against 'the gays' and their way of life, then WOULD they risk their own life to save the life of one of 'the gays'....point is, they more than likely will risk their life to save another. BUT, attending the march is too damaging to their ego or something?? i still say they are bigot, homophobes..
it's an honest question.....also, attending a march as directed by your boss is totally different than 'hanging out' with them or 'having a drink' with them.
you know it and i know it.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

And, btw, I said "must endure someone waving their genitals at them".

yes, my mistake by saying in their face...now, how close were these horrible people that were waving their genitals 'at them'?
2 feet? 100 yards?
oh, and of course they would not care if it was a lady waving their big ole bedlums in their face or, at them..
they would be hooting and hollering and encouraging it, despite the fact that they are LOVING, husbands AND fathers....
these guys are simply ignorant and can't simply view them as people, just like they are....it's a shame really

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

This has previously been answered, but one is a professional doing a job and the other is a voluntary social occasion.

^^if they are on the clock and their boss tells them to attend, that is not social now is it?...also, it just tells a lot about a person..when they would risk their life and put themselves in horrible situations, yet, they were more 'nervous'(i think that was the word) at this march than ever before...IMO, THAT speaks volumes about these fireman....i would think some people here feel the same way as well..

Another point that needs to be addressed is the fact that a firetruck was taken out of commission for this parade, in a city where resources are scarce. No escape route from the parade or contingency plan was given for the possibility of a real emergency that might happen during the parade.

^^what does that have to with them being told to go by their boss? are you just trying to toss out ANYTHING that might give weight to your argument that they should not have been there?

^^if you can tolerate carnage and burning people and dead bodies but can not handle some gay men, then my friend, you have a problem(not you personally)...

So what?

^^so, thse guys are homophobes...imo of course

This is not the first time that San Diego has faced this very same problem. And the supervisors still have not solved the problem with a good solution. They need a change in management, imo.

i give you guys credit in defending these turds...at least an a for effort...i mean, we are into city resources and everything...wow

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
jsobecky : Participation in the "Over-The-Line" is voluntary . . . .
. . .for particpants. For security and patrols by the fire department I
would venture to say that it is mandatory because this is such a big
community event, attracting 50,000-75,000 people, that safety and
traffic control become high priorities.
If I was a betting man, I'd say that the police and firemen "on-duty" for
this event were there because they happened to catch "duty" at that time.

And I am not side-tracking here.

The police and firemen work for the public. Most community events are
open to the public. Participation and spectator attendence is "voluntary".
Security and fire department participation is still considered "on-duty".

Public duty.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SIEGE
If I was a betting man, I'd say that the police and firemen "on-duty" for
this event were there because they happened to catch "duty" at that time.

And I am not side-tracking here.

The police and firemen work for the public. Most community events are
open to the public. Participation and spectator attendence is "voluntary".
Security and fire department participation is still considered "on-duty".

Public duty.

and there we have it...why some can't or simply refuse to acknowledge this is beyond me...
seems pretty cut and try to me.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I couldn't care less if you are gay. Just don't shove it down some else's throat, or force them to "celebrate" the sexual choices you have made.

And I couldnt care less if your straight. Firemen do that every year when they pose for Calendars, So what is the difference, they shove their bodies in everyones faces every year. Oh but its oks for them to do this but not others.

Uh, voluntary vs mandatory? When is the last time you were forced to buy a Firemen calendar?:shk:

Originally posted by Griff
What I want to know though is why didn't the firemen have these people arrested? Showing your genitals in public is against the law. Why are we hearing of no arrests?

That's something you'll have to ask the police. We could speculate for hours, but that's all it would be, speculation.

Originally posted by Griff

What's stopping you from organizing something? If you think you can't, look into KKK rallies.

Do you like it when gays are associated with pedophiles? NO? Then what makes you think straight white guys like being associated with the KKK?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Do you like it when gays are associated with pedophiles? NO? Then what makes you think straight white guys like being associated with the KKK?

Did I associate straight white males to the KKK? No, I did not. Re-read my post. I mentioned the KKK because they are straight white males (and females). The only association I made was that the KKK is allowed to gather and whatever. NOT that all straight white males are KKK.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
what i simply wanted to know is if they are so against 'the gays' and their way of life, then WOULD they risk their own life to save the life of one of 'the gays'....point is, they more than likely will risk their life to save another. BUT, attending the march is too damaging to their ego or something?? i still say they are bigot, homophobes...

Yes, we all know that you think of them as "crybaby firefighters". You've said it enough times here.
Fact is, that's too bad. For you, that is. You won't get them to change their mind, and nobody cares if you resort to childish name calling.

^^if they are on the clock and their boss tells them to attend, that is not social now is it?...

No, it's not social. Just illegal, as has been established already.

also, it just tells a lot about a person..when they would risk their life and put themselves in horrible situations, yet, they were more 'nervous'(i think that was the word) at this march than ever before...IMO, THAT speaks volumes about these fireman....i would think some people here feel the same way as well..

It is a tribute to their professionalism, and they should be applauded for separating their personal feelings from their professional duties.

^^what does that have to with them being told to go by their boss? are you just trying to toss out ANYTHING that might give weight to your argument that they should not have been there?

It shows that their boss was willing to place the city in jeopardy just to further her gay agenda. Very poor judgement, imo. She should be fired.

^^if you can tolerate carnage and burning people and dead bodies but can not handle some gay men, then my friend, you have a problem(not you personally)...

So what?

^^so, thse guys are homophobes...imo of course

Once again, so what?

i give you guys credit in defending these turds...at least an a for effort...i mean, we are into city resources and everything...wow

And I give you credit for defending these "celebrants" that exposed their genitals to the crowd during...what was it you call it... a social event.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join