It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Diego Firefighters Forced To Attend Gay Pride Parade

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I completely agree with you jsobecky.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hi everyone,
I know some of you may consider this link I am attaching as not a good source...but oh well, here it is anyway...

www.wnd.com...

If this is the case then, those firefighters have every right to file suit against whoever forced them to do this. It looks like there were sick and terrible things said to these guys who serve our community everyday. Totally unacceptable!

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
If my job tells me i have to walk up and down the streets with a sign saying "support Bush" i would have to do it, unless, i quit. they pay you to do whatever it is they want.

If you did so you would be the worst kind of fool. Supporting a political belief "on the clock" which you do not belive in just because your boss tells you to? Anyone who did that would have to either be SERIOUSLY mentally challenged or they are someone who doesn't actually believe their beliefs.

Vas

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
NO. I dont like sexual harrasment nor condone it. But think what you want.

I have tolerance to those who are different than I and i can deal with such situations very well, that's all. I'm not a homophobic- I think of Gays as HUMANS and therefore, i have tolerance and understanding.

I DO NOT beleive the gays were waving their genitals at anyone. That's something made up in order to proceed with the FRIVOLOUS law suit.
I wasnt born yesterday.
I understand that not everyone is dgtempe, but i do expect my fellow humans to be a little more tolerant of one another.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Of course these guys have a right to sue. They were forced to do something that has nothing to do with their job description and became objects of ridicule for it.

If these were Muslims being forced to participate in a Christmas, Easter, Rash Hashanah parade, or something else, I bet many people here would think totally differently.

[edit on 8/8/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth

If you did so you would be the worst kind of fool. Supporting a political belief "on the clock" which you do not belive in just because your boss tells you to? Anyone who did that would have to either be SERIOUSLY mentally challenged or they are someone who doesn't actually believe their beliefs.

Vas

OR they would have to pay their rent, buy their food, and survive for another week and it would make me smarter than you, because while i was eating and living, you'd be walking around with your backpack and sleeping under a bridge.

ITS CALLED S-U-R-V-I-V-A-L.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Of course these guys have a right to sue. They were forced to do something that has nothing to do with their job description and became objects of ridicule for it.

[edit on 8/8/2007 by djohnsto77]

again with the job description?
can you link me to the firemans job description manuel from frisco since you obviously have it..you said it was against job description and you have that fancy subject matter badge....lets check out the fine print.
i'm sure there is a chance there are lines like 'or what the super deems necessary' or 'something' like that.

also, they became ridicule cause they are actling they have scraped their widdle knee or got their bottom spanked.

more likely, they enormous, male, tought guy. bigot, hate 'the gays' ego was bruised by the mere fact that his BOSS(who has the gawl to be lesbian) asked/told him to go to this thing?
but what will the neighbors think?
i even have this tough looking tom selleck mustouche....

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Oh? And one more thing???

If you read the "complaint" it states they were bothered and felt uncomfortable going to such a parade, and the previous shift left and were laughing at them.

Poor babies! That's more than anyone can stand, huh?

Then they come up with the "obscene gestures" just to seal their law suit.

Disgusting.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
What does "frisco" have to do with this?

No one should have to be subject to this as part of their work:

rxpaul.townhall.com...

ANN ARBOR, MI – Four respected San Diego firefighters were ordered, against their wishes, to participate in uniform on their city fire truck in the city’s annual “Gay Pride” parade. During the course of the ensuing three hour long ordeal, the firefighters were subjected to vile sexual taunts from homosexuals lining the parade route. This included the following statements: “show me your hose,” “you can put out my fire,” “you’re making me hot,” “give me mouth-to-mouth,” “you look hungry, why don’t you have a twinkie (from a man wearing a “Girth and Mirth” t-shirt),” and “blow my hose.” These firemen are devoted husbands and fathers. When they refused to respond to the crowd, some in the crowd turned hostile and started shouting, “F—k you firemen” and others began “flipping them off.”

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Oh? And one more thing???

If you read the "complaint" it states they were bothered and felt uncomfortable going to such a parade, and the previous shift left and were laughing at them.

Poor babies! That's more than anyone can stand, huh?

Then they come up with the "obscene gestures" just to seal their law suit.

Disgusting.

exactly. it IS disgusting and for me, this does show that they are homophobes.
'i mean, are firehouses not known for their great pranks and jokes they play on each other...are they not great friends or like 'brothers'?

so were these guys really giving them that ridicule that hurts or was ot the every day messing around, and these two homophones could not take it...

then we have people in here saying they didn't want to go have genitals waved in their face or to even consider the scenerio that they were afraid they were going to get stabbed while they were there.
what a LOAD OF CRAP/

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

The parade is a fun event which all employees are encouraged to participate in.

Oh and anorthing. Are these firefighters going to refuse to save a Gay Couple of they are caught up in an accident/fire? What if something had happenned during the Pride Parade, would they have refused to help , just because they are homophobic?

Oh but wait, if it was a group of females, blowing kisses at them, and doing the rest of that stuff as they put it, bets you would not see them complaining.

[edit on 8-8-2007 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

What does "frisco" have to do with this?

These firemen are devoted husbands and fathers.

it has to do with me wanting a manuel for the frisco department as that is the department involved. mauel might be different in other cities...

i ask, what does the fireman being loving husbands and fathers have to do with it? i know you did not write it but it's in the article?

what is the purpose?

me thinks to make 'the gays' seem that much worse cause they didn't just 'taunt' or whatever we can call it fireman, but LOVING fireman, HUSBANDS and FATHERS...in other worse, NOT homosexual

must be better then huh?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I'm sorry but this thread is starting to give the impression these men were dragged kicking and screaming to this parade, strung up and sexually abused for hours. Now while I fully agree that nobody should be forced to do anything against their own moral or ethical principles I don't believe for a minute that their distress comes from anything more than their own ugly brand of bigotry. These rather sly accusations of seedy sexual activity and flashing genitals are just buying into this prurient idea some people have about what happens when four or more gays get together. Soddom and Gommorah on a float.

Remember I've been to these type of events, they are fun carnival type gatherings, a bit risque and camp at worst. I saw one guy strip off and streak once only to be berated by the crowd because there were children around but to the bigots of the world 'screw perspective lets focus on that one thing and apply it to everyone with a broad brush'. Of course a group of firemen hiring a fenale strippergram for their buddy's b'day and inflicting the sight of her wares on a bar full of people is a different kettle of fish all together. That's good healthy male bonding. It should be the gay attendees suing for having these turgid idiots inflicted on them.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
Are these firefighters going to refuse to save a Gay Couple of they are caught up in an accident/fire? What if something had happenned during the Pride Parade, would they have refused to help , just because they are homophobic?

No that is their job! Of course if there was a fire there they'd have to respond and I'm sure these guys would.

What I can't believe is that anyone supports forcing people to participate in gay parade when they're not gay.

It makes absolutely no sense.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
[
Oh and anorthing. Are these firefighters going to refuse to save a Gay Couple of they are caught up in an accident/fire? What if something had happenned during the Pride Parade, would they have refused to help , just because they are homophobic?

i asked that already and have yet to get an answer...

if it goes against their way of life so much and they were so much more nervous there than at any other time, i too want to know if they would run into a burning building to save a homosexual person?
if no, then there is a problem.

if yes, why is it they will rish their life, to save a homosexuals life, but they can't manage to be at a parade with them..

lets see if we get an answer....i've been waiting for pages now

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

No that is their job!

i am still waiting for you, the subject matter expert to provide a link with their job description...

got it yet?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

What I can't believe is that anyone supports forcing people to participate in gay parade when they're not gay.

When have I posted, that I supported this???? There are two sides to this, one is they were encouraged, the other they were forced, seems you have come down on their side.... Which is fine you are entitled to express your own opinion as much as I am allowed.

It is not my fault that they have a phobia against homosexuals or lesbians.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
i am still waiting for you, the subject matter expert to provide a link with their job description...

got it yet?

www.sandiego.gov...

Responds to fire and emergency calls as a member of a fire company.
Lays hose, carries and sets up ladders, and uses fire equipment to extinguish fires and make rescues.
Administers first aid.
Participates in pre-fire and fire prevention inspections.
Participates in drills and training activities.
Cleans and maintains fire vehicles, apparatus, equipment.
Maintains fire station and grounds.
Operates department non-emergency vehicles, and when required, drives and operates fire vehicles, apparatus, equipment and ambulances.
Minimum Qualifications of Firefighter I:**

Successful completion of the City of San Diego Fire Department Basic Fire Academy. Possession of a valid California Class C Driver's License and a current State of California Emergency Medical Technician Certificate.

I don't see parading in there anywhere.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche
I don't believe for a minute that their distress comes from anything more than their own ugly brand of bigotry.

^^^100^ correct....

Remember I've been to these type of events, they are fun carnival type gatherings, a bit risque and camp at worst.

^^again, agreed. i used to live in lakewood ohio(prominent homosexual population/community) and i watched the march...no big deal....but then again, i am not a bigot...i am a heterosexual man and i was sharing a house with a lesbian and a homosexual man....*GASP*

Of course a group of firemen hiring a fenale strippergram for their buddy's b'day and inflicting the sight of her wares on a bar full of people is a different kettle of fish all together.

of course it is totally different...they like rubbing their face in the num nums...i wonder how many times these loving husbands and fathers have been all up in the stripper parties, etc....

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Where are the "straight rights" parade??

Why If we had a "white pride" parade would it be called kkk?

Where is white history month??

Why does affermitive action descriminate only against whites??

Why should I pay reperations for something I had nothing, or the recipients of such, had anything to do with?

Where is my bumper sticker proclaiming my straightness (not that I need one, or even care what you think, why proclaim it to the world?? Lets all just keep where we want to stick or lick something to our selves!!)

If you go to china, is the instructions for toilet paper in english?

We all have it pretty good here in the old USA, lets not push it to much farther.

Whats next, rights for child molesters? I guess they are like the gays, "just born that way"

Give me a f'in break!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join