It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Diego Firefighters Forced To Attend Gay Pride Parade

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I hope they get a gay judge and he blows kisses at them all through the trial.

I love it. I have a question though.... if being gay is unnatural... then why have gays existed since the dawn of time?
Clearly the aliens who seeded us here seeded gays as well. =)

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78

Originally posted by RedEyes
But, when you say YOU and just YOU

what i said was "if you or that person"....

i didn't say just you....

I hope you realise how pathetic that is.... Your exact words were "if YOU or THAT person looks down on people due to their sexual orientation then stay away from me."

So are you now going to argue that the first part wasn't directed straight at me?
Here's a tip if you meant to say you as in the people then say this "if YOU THE PEOPLE or THAT person looks down on people due to their sexual orientation then stay away from me."
Its basic English, I'm not a mind reader.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Were the fire fighters "in" the parade, as in driving a truck down central avenue behind the big Trojan Man balloon?

If that's the case then, yes, I would have to say it was a bad call to order them to do so especially when others were willing to do the job.

Or were they just working the event?

If that's the deal then yeah, they need to quit crying and move on.

[edit on 8/8/2007 by SportyMB]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
they are not supposed to take part in any political parade, event , etc....
if they were there to insure the safety of the public, that is their job...however according to the complaint filed, they were taking part in the parade....

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATruGod
At what point does this stupid crap stop!!

Maybe when white, straight christian males stop crying intolerance when it is on them and then turn around and be intolerant to other groups? Maybe?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You know, "coffinfeeder", some of us DO know how to read. And I don't
believe we need a lecture from you on how to accomplish it !

Maybe the word "interpretation" comes into play.

These wamby-pamby firefighters must be of inferior stock. Just not as
tough anymore. If they don't get upset or bothered pulling bodies from
burning buildings, but go to all hell and tears when some gay makes a
remark about their arse, they've got coping issues. And sometimes, when
you're just too hard-headed or intolerant you really can't cope.
Can't cope with reality. Can't cope with diversity. Can't cope with anything.
So . . . . . . . . I'll guess I'll sue, . . .after I bawl my eyes out. Whaaaa!

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wenfieldsecret
they are not supposed to take part in any political parade, event , etc....

I have a question. Why is a gay pride parade automatically considered a political event?

Is St. Patrick's day parade a political event?

Let's compare. Both parades are there to show your pride in what you are. Why is one political and the other not? Because people don't discriminate against the Irish anymore?

This is not directed at you wenfieldsecret. We agree on the topic.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

I have a question. Why is a gay pride parade automatically considered a political event?

Is St. Patrick's day parade a political event?

Let's compare. Both parades are there to show your pride in what you are. Why is one political and the other not? Because people don't discriminate against the Irish anymore?

I have been invited to a few gay pride events (2). I have never attended, but there does always seem to be an underlying message such as same sex couples/marriage ( before it was legal ), same sex adoption etc... You will often see reports of the rallies on the news and many participants will be wearing shirts with slogans that are blatantly potical. It is not like this with St Patricks Day.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

It is not like this with St Patricks Day.

The Irish in America also used the March 17 celebrations to focus attention on the plight of the Irish still in Ireland by exercising their American right of free speech. During the 1970s, St. Patrick’s Day in America assumed a tone of political activism, with fundraising for Irish charities with “rebel” ties and calls for British withdrawal from Northern Ireland.

It may say the '70s, but today is our '70s. Any difference?

usinfo.state.gov...

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

It is not like this with St Patricks Day.

The Irish in America also used the March 17 celebrations to focus attention on the plight of the Irish still in Ireland by exercising their American right of free speech. During the 1970s, St. Patrick’s Day in America assumed a tone of political activism, with fundraising for Irish charities with “rebel” ties and calls for British withdrawal from Northern Ireland.

It may say the '70s, but today is our '70s. Any difference?

usinfo.state.gov...

We can't automatically assume a current day St Patricks day celebration is political if they haven't demonstrated any politcal tendencies at such events for nearly 40 years. I am 26 and I have never seen any politically charged St Patricks day celebrations. Whereas in the case of gay pride rallies people find it easier to assume its political because, basically, for the most part, they are.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I hope you realise how pathetic that is.... Your exact words were "if YOU or THAT person looks down on people due to their sexual orientation then stay away from me."

So are you now going to argue that the first part wasn't directed straight at me?

i don't see how it is pathetic and no, it was not directed directly at you.
i type how i talk...
sorry you took it wrong. i know what i meant and now you do too. no reason to talk about being pathetic......
now that i answered my question and said it was not directed towards you personally, are you going to call me a liar?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
No doubt there would've been quite a few good old Oirish boys from the fire service on these Paddy parades putting money in the hat to bomb innocents but hey having to attend a gay pride event is a real question of moral outrage.

There were plenty of uniformed police officers both attending and policing the event I went to. I didn't see one incident of any being chased by gaggles of screaming queens intent on rape, even the openly gay ones. They all seemed to be having quite a nice time actually.

Even the excuses for not wanting to attend smack of a lame type of stereotyping. What self respecting queer really wants idiots of that calibre there anyway.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Its not often that you hear these stories out side of San-Fransisco...(San-FranPhysco)

But this seems to be turning into the norm all along california, gays are the most overrepresntied minority in the country.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche

Even the excuses for not wanting to attend smack of a lame type of stereotyping. What self respecting queer really wants idiots of that calibre there anyway.

i agree man.....the poor poor fireman was very stresses though

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think that this is totally unacceptable. If they wanted to attend then they would have requested off that day and went. If they were on the job, then they should be able to do like the rest of the public servants and stand on the side lines and controll the situation. I'll tell you what though, if I was forced to be a part of something I didnt want to, there is nothing in this world or the next that would make me go against my wishes. Its a bit much though to "make" them attend. What was their function crowd controll? The police are more than up to the challenge. EMT's are better first responders. What could they be there for? Short of a fire or accident or something they serve no real purpose there.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by jsobecky
But then, it's so much easier and more fun to appear "enlightened" and to mock the "Homophobic firefighters", isn't it?

Enlightened Js? they are playing the game quite well actually, they are the forced victims of a lesbian power

They forced themselves on attending so they can have now a thread like this one to support their views of how sick society is when they force good Christian men and women into the depravity of attending a gay and lesbian parade.

Anti gay groups are having a ball with this one.

Yes they need to go and disinfect themselves in Jesus camp.

[edit on 8-8-2007 by marg6043]

all your references to Jesus Camp...

you must have had some sort of trauma when you were a child.

I think the threadstarter is bang-on with this one.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Read the passage again. Key in on the words according to their manual.

Yes, according to my manual, I only have 5 sick days. If I happen to take 6 instead, am I to just automatically think that my superior is going to fire me? Or should I actually try and talk with my superior?

A better question would be, does your super have the right to terminate you for taking excessive sick days?

And if you read the complaints, you would have known that the firefighters did try to work out an alternate schedule with their boss.

sounds like a case of a couple of embarrased whiner babies to me..
:
homophbe crybaby...that is my stance

You can call them homophobe crybabies all day long. It means nothing. You have no right to impose your beliefs upon them.

i used to sell cars for a pretty good sized dealer....my GM would often have us go get his lunch or gas his car up, etc.....pretty sure that is not in the job description but i was on the job and he told me to do it...thats how it works.

And Rosa Parks should have just sat in the back of the bus because "that's how it works", right?

these guys just don't want to be associated with it...

As is their right...

there are other jobs out there. they can quit ANY time they want to

The management screwed this one up big time. The firefighters voiced their objections, and even offered an alternate solution. But the management chose to force them to support a lifestyle that they found objectionable. I hope the city pays through the nose for this.

Their job does not include promoting a political agenda while on the job.

and showing up, being at, being near, or marching in a gay rally does not mean you are promoting anything...it means you are on the clock, walking....

On taxpayer time. That is against the law.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder

The complaint these firemen raised was that they were sexually harassed while on the job, and believe that they were put into a position where they would knowingly be harassed, and were given a direct order to go.

They were stressed out over this because it would appear they knew what was going to be going on, this has been a problem for _years

Not wanting to participate in a gay pride parade does not make someone a homophobe.

Not supporting your beliefs does not make a person narrow minded.

Sexual harassment is UNWANTED sexual attention
Sexually harrassed my foot. Looked over by the gays?
Wow, what a horrible thing to happen

It is their homophobia and paranoia making them think this.

All one needs to say is "NO THANKS"

I thought you were all a little more mundane and tolerant than some of you are exhibiting here. Boy! Was i wrong.
How the heck were they Harassed??
That's a load of crap.

I highly doubt anything like that went on. Maybe they're pissed because they didnt get any "attention"

Nothing or nobody can bother ME unless i allow it to bother me. These tough firemen are afraid of their own sexuality and are full of crap.

For Pete's sakes, put me in a room with all Lesbians and i guarantee you I would not participate in anything because that's not my bag- since i like the opposite sex- however, i would not have a problem with them. Maybe i am very tolerant of human beings- which is what they are- humans.
A simple message that i am not interested would suffice and i doubt i'd be "raped" by any of them

BECAUSE I AM NOT A HOMOPHOBE.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I left this thread for a while, and I see that some people are still missing the point.

Go ahead, call them homophobe crybabies or whatever. All that is is a red herring. A distraction from the real issues here. It shows your ignorance more than anything else.

Public employees are not permitted to support a political candidate or agenda while on taxpayer time. End of story.

Now you may not want this to be true. You may want to force the firefighters to participate just to make them uncomfortable. But it's a real bitch to "want", isn't it? The fact remains: it is illegal, and the firefighters would not have been in that position if not for the actions of the supervisor.

Putting your employees in a position where they must endure someone waving their genitals at them is sexual harassment, plain and simple. The super should be fired because of that action alone. You may like it, or think it is cute. I doubt you would like it if your children or SO were the target of that kind of harassment. Yet you choose to attack the firefighters and defend the antagonists. Your values and priorities are skewed, imo.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

now that i answered my question and said it was not directed towards you personally, are you going to call me a liar?

No, I'm not going to call you a liar, but I will reiterate what I first said. You need to be more clear in what you type because what you first typed was clearly not what you meant to, you've admitted as much. Can't you let it go now? Just take my advice and think before you type next time otherwise you will end up saying something that is not what you wanted to say at all.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join