It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Diego Firefighters Forced To Attend Gay Pride Parade

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
You missed the point entirely.

I could have picked any radical group, but chose the KKK because I thought most posters would say "no way!" to the thought of marching in their hypothetical parade, and thus be able to perhaps imagine that some people might have similarly strong feelings about marching in a gay parade.

i guess i did. i don't view homosexuals as a radical group so the comparison is just trash in my opinion.

on a side note. i used to live in lakewood ohio. very small type burb, very large gay community. gay stores, gay parade, gay flags flown from homes.
i would move back to lakewood in a hot second if i could. it was NEVER shoved in my face nor did i ever view any radical type stuff.
i shared a house with a lesbian lady and her girlfriend and a homosexual guy.
i used to go to the lesbian bar all the time but not the gay bar. i admit, in that environment i was uncomfortable. so, i didn't go.

i also admit that it was my hang up about being uncomfortable in the bar. this was years ago and today i don't think i would. i was never approached in any way and i didn't see any guys dressed up in leather. it was a normal bar just filled with guys.
it's no big deal.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
There are plenty of normal gays who go about their normal lives like straight people. But the leaders and participates of these parades are going a tad bit radical. It's becoming like 1984. If you don't agree, you must be deemed wrong and your oppinion destroyed by force.

Ah the joy of socalism. Don't agree with the party? go to room 101.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Wow did this get twisted.

Based on what I've read.

She ordered the On-Duty crew to man an engine and participate in a parade.

That is a endangering the community this engine company serves. case closed.
Ever try to pull a firetruck out of a parade route to respond to a life safety issue?

All the speculation that these men were uncomfortable because of the venue or the subject of the parade? Who cares. Can't they be uncomfortable being ordered to put the community they serve in danger.

Come on people stick to the facts and leave your agenda and axe at the door.

One more time....She ordered an On-duty crew to man an engine in a parade. Just so wrong. I don't care what the parade was for.

new topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join