It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

De-Evolution?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Is There A Possibility That After We Have Evolved Into Aliens (Just One Of Many Theories, One That I Support) We Will Begin To De-Evolve Back To Fish (Again, Another Theory I Support) And Evolve back To Humans And So-Forth. This Is Based On tHe Fact That I Happened To See A TV Program Called "Indian Cooking Made Easy" (BBC2 6/08/07) And That Explained How To Tell If Fish Are Fresh, It Said That When The Fish's Are Fresh Their Eyes Are Big And Bulgy (Like And Aliens) But, And This Was The Bit That Caught My Attention, When They Aren't Fresh Their eyes Kind Of Sink Into Their Sockets. That Caught Me Because When Aliens Die (Apparently) Their Eyes Sink Into Their Sockets And They And Fish Are The First Stage Of Evolution Out Of Three (My Theory, Fish-Human-Alien) And If I Am Right Then It Might Be A Continous Circle. If You Are Doing Something About Evolution You Are Welcome To Use This Information Or Reasearch It Further But Please Mention that It Is A HemlockAgain And open mind Theory. Thank You.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I think the concept of evolution specifies a change that is necessary for adaptation to one's surroundings. In order for humanity to evolve into aquatic dwellers, there would have to be a reason: in this case, something that forces us to move from land to sea. However, it may be more plausible that such a shift would cause the extinction of the human race, as we neither have the (conscious) experience, faculties nor inclination to move to the water.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Wow, that quite an odd train of thought. I doubt this could ever be proven or debunked, but who knows. An interesting thought nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
it would make sense as we no longer need to adapt except for brainwize which explains the big heads so we may devolve backwarrds

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
There's no such thing as de-evolution. All evolution is forward, not backward.

The only way for something to de-evolve is for time itself to reverse.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
there is no example of devolution that man has seen yet. Because there has never been a creature that has't needed to adapt. we have no predetors add can live in any weather condition. Just because man hasn't seen it dosn't mean it dosn't exist. there is no way to prove it or diprove it it's just a theory

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by open mind
there is no example of devolution that man has seen yet. Because there has never been a creature that has't needed to adapt. we have no predetors add can live in any weather condition. Just because man hasn't seen it dosn't mean it dosn't exist. there is no way to prove it or diprove it it's just a theory

1. Theories have been proven, that's part of what a scientific theory is.

2. De-evolution is not possible. Even if there is no adaptation necessary, it just means something has reached it's stagnant state, not a de-evolved state. all progres is forward, not necessarily getting better, but always moving forward.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
De-Evolution is a concept that has been much written about and spoken about by the 80s electronic band Devo who happen to be one of my favourite bands. Most of their songs revolve around this concept
Wikipedia - Devo

The concept of biological De-evolution or Devolution is real in my opition. Dev-evolution is a form of evolution.

Wikipedia - De-evolution

I think the human race is devolving in some way but not in the way most people are think. Its more to do with stupidity and this world's celebration of stupidity. For example the celebration of people like Paris Hilton who are idolised by many people for being nothing more than stupid.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
From the first line of the wiki link

"Devolution", is the evolution of a species into more "primitive" forms. Many lay people see evolution as "progress", reflecting the ideas of Lamarckism. However, scientists recognize that evolution by natural selection is directionless, and so "devolution" is still actually evolution.

top topics

join