It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah Mine Rescue 'Is Suspended'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Utah Mine Rescue 'Is Suspended'

news.bbc.co.uk

Last Updated: Wednesday, 8 August 2007, 01:52 GMT 02:52 UK

Efforts to reach six miners trapped underground in the US state of Utah since Monday have been suspended due to seismic activity, the mine owner says.

Robert Murray, chairman of the company which owns Crandall Canyon mine, stated that "we are back to square one underground," the AP news agency says.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.usatoday.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Utah Mine collapse? What's with the owner?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The company is saying that any trapped miners could survive for about a week with the food and water they have down below. Of course, that is assuming anyone survived the initial collapse.

Now they say they are holding the search because of seismic activity, but do not provide further details. I think a USGS cross-reference is in order.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
[color=#80c0e0]_______________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: The USGS does show some seismic activity out in the area of the mine. Looks like there was a 2.2 magnitude rumble recorded, along with some other ones.

The image at right is from the USGS Website. This snapshot was taken at the time of this post.

[edit on 8/8/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
UPDATE: They finally were able to drill through to the chambers below, but still no signs of life. They dropped a microphone down the hole, but sounds as of yet.

BBC | News

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Thats a good update. I hope they get some sounds soon, because, as they say, there but for the grace of god go I.

Shouldn't be too long before the 8 inch drill get thru also hopefully.

new topics

top topics

join