It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Jimmy & Dean!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Ex-President, Jimmy Carter is expected to offer his support for embattled "pin cushion" Democratic Candidate, Howard Dean on the eve of the Iowa caucuses. Most expected Carter to remain neutral in the current race for the White House, but has tossed his endorsement into the ring.

"Carter predicted late last year that Dean's chances in Iowa and New Hampshire, which holds its primary on Jan. 27, looked "quite, quite good." Carter's son, Chip, is supporting and helping the Dean campaign. " www.reuters.com I wonder who Billy Carter likes? [Edited on 13-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Dammit Carter, what've you been smoking?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Jimmy Dean sounds like a fine whiskey.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I read this earlier today.
Dem's do need to stick with Dem's you know.

Besides the obvious, that his son is working for the Dean Campaign, I wonder at his reasoning for going with Dean and not say, Clark or any of the others?

Billy?

He probably going with the one who will financially back the re-emergence of "Billy Beer".

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Billy Carter

I think these Dems are jumping the gun on their endorsements, they should wait. If Dean doesn't get the nomination how are all these Democrats going to seriously turn around and support the nominee. It's not going to look good. Iowa is going to be a tight race and NH never seems predictable.

mud pit babble:
Carter and Clinton continue to battle for the title of worst ex-president.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Jimmy was not that bad...that's a complete myth from those with memories of the smear campaign run to hurt the ex-pres during the '80 election. He's actually a wonderfully intelligent man more than we can say for Nixon and Reagan. He wasn't willing to trade arms for hostages in Iran. So, Americans put a dim wit in the office for 8 years who basically caters to the rich..and pisses on the middle class and working poor. Did it again with Dubya.

It obvious Carter wouldn't back a general though. He has his eyes on peace and Clark "beady eyed devil" is all about security through small war covert war.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
After all Carter is from NORTH Georgia.

Poor Edwards. If Carter himself were running, he'd probably endorse Dean.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
Jimmy was not that bad...that's a complete myth from those with memories of the smear campaign run to hurt the ex-pres during the '80 election. He's actually a wonderfully intelligent man more than we can say for Nixon and Reagan. He wasn't willing to trade arms for hostages in Iran. So, Americans put a dim wit in the office for 8 years who basically caters to the rich..and pisses on the middle class and working poor. Did it again with Dubya.

It obvious Carter wouldn't back a general though. He has his eyes on peace and Clark "beady eyed devil" is all about security through small war covert war.

Preach on!

Carter: someone to aspire towards being like. Puts his faith into action, instead of into campaign pitches. Even during his re-election bid he found time for it, while Reagan's idea of "faith" was visiting Bob Jones University!

Brothers:

Billy Carter - definition of bumpkin resembling in initiative and demeanor most peoples uncle who gets drunk at the family BBQ

Neil Bush - Wasteril who goes on South Asia whore tours with underage hookers, contracts an STD & brings home to his wife.

I'll take Billy, even if the beer is bowevil piss!

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Unlike most here, I was able to vote for Jimmy Carter.

I was libertarian/Democrat at the time and thought Ford and repubs had done little for the country at the time...ooops!! I have now learned the error of mine ways wayward.

age has it's wisdoms

Carter is a moral man who was a victim of global terrorism ala the 2000's. He did not cut it then and that was his demise.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Neil Bush - Wasteril who goes on South Asia whore tours with underage hookers, contracts an STD & brings home to his wife.

Is that TRUE? Or even speculated? Makes that whole SEX TOURISM speech fiasco Bush gave the UN take on new meaning. Or some meaning.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Originally posted by Bout Time

Is that TRUE? Or even speculated? Makes that whole SEX TOURISM speech fiasco Bush gave the UN take on new meaning. Or some meaning.

Yup, it's true.
He recently went through an ugly divorce ( screwed his wife/kids over in terms of support too
). It came out in testimony. His line? "they showed up at my room"!

NO S***T!!! That's what happens when you dial 1-800-PUNANI & place an order !!!

join