It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal judge orders release of documents surrounding arrests of 2004 RNC protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Federal judge orders release of documents surrounding arrests of 2004 RNC protesters

rawstory.com

A judge has opened the floodgates for almost 2,000 pages of reports and documents on police surveillance of groups and individuals involved in protests during the 2004 Republican National Convention.
Judge James C. Francis IV has ruled in favor of plaintiffs in litigation against the NYPD, citing lengthy detentions & fingerprinting for minor offenses that would otherwise merit a summons.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Cops & GOP Spy On Citizens & Celebs Prior To 2004 Convention
Police Raid Over 40 Locations Across Germany Prior to G8 Summit
Protests In Germany Over Preemptive G8 Raids - May 10
German Police Use Scent Tracking To Keep Tabs On Protesters

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The 2008 RNC will be held in the midst of one of the most outspoken liberal communities of the entire nation. The inner-city of the twin-cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul is a stronghold of free-thinking Democrat Liberals. It will be a very exciting time to be in Minneapolis. I have a feeling that if our nation isn’t already in revolution by then, there will be the fiercest protests since the 60's and 70's.

I am sure the RNC and local Republicans have already begun to prepare for the onslaught; already infiltrating peaceful and just organizations simply because they conflict with the Republican/Corporate/NWO ideology.

Want to see how much support Democrats have in the Twin-Cities? Look at the recent election of our US Representative to congress Keith Ellison. He won the election against the Republican candidate by a 3 to 1 margin.
minnesota.publicradio.org...

My problem with this is that Police or Military or whoever should never be allowed to, preemptively or otherwise, counter act the free speech rights of its citizens. If people are angry enough to protest and issue, then the people who have cause the discontent would be forced by the protest to discuss the issues and change instead of using force to block protest. I do not promote violent protest. I also do not promote the use of police or military to control or limit the effect of a peaceful protest. As long as the protest is peaceful it should have free reign to disrupt the convention or any event seen as a symbol worth protesting.

If they want to use police to control a protest and keep it from accomplishing the goals of the protest, then I fully advocate violence. If military or police are used to limit the effectiveness of a protest, then the protesters have the right (IMO) to react with force, if necessary, to this fascist methodology.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Yeah, with the recent tragedy up there i'd heard something about Twin Cities being site of RNC convention next year. First thought in my mind was what the hell is the RNC thinking. Did they try to pick the place where there would be the biggest chance for a "show"? I can smell the tear gas already.

new topics

join