It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aliens do not reproduce offspring.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
or do they? if they do then i wonder, as some of you may as well, how exactly do they mate? i doubt it is in the conventional human sense. possibly they mate as do birds, via mouth.

in fact, perhaps all aliens are males. would that even be possible?
if aliens do 'make' offspring i am curious as to how they are 'delivered'.

i guess that it is also possible that they are asexual.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet
....possibly they mate as do birds, via mouth.

I'm not sure how to take that...I was always under the impression birds used their sexual organs for mating purposes.

Did I read a mistype?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Perhaps the immense radiation of space has rendered them sterile.

Therefore the obvious answer is that they do not reproduce in a sexual or asexual manner...but if that is the case, then how do they do it you ask?

Cloning!

It's the only choice left.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
agent violet

What I understand from my alien contacts is that all races of people reproduce and bear their children in the same basic way. All races have males and females and live in families. Reproduction is only possible within a race, with rare exception by engineering- not by mating.

All races are unique and alien to each another. We cannot share atmosphere or sustain life exposed to the elements or circumstances of alien worlds. 'Physical' contact between races is only possible temporarily with natural and/or technological safeguards used for visitation and meetings between worlds.

Visitation and meetings between worlds are always done for professional reasons. Not just anybody of any race is able to travel to visit other worlds, or is allowed to.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
if we look at natural selection here on earth, sexual reproduction was a large advantage to the organisms that went down that evolutionary lineage (mainly being genetic diversity). Some astrobiologist suggest that any complex life would produce sexually and not asexually.
frequency dependent selection makes sure that males and females will have an even population because either sex is a reproductive advantage.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
very clever thoughts on this thread everyone.
i posted this topic because out of all the photos of extraterrestial bipedal life, i have never seen any sort of 'babymakers' if you catch my drift. Neither has been observed on male/female. This leads me to believe that mating as humans do, aliens do not.

however the above statement can be flawed, for instance if all the supposed authentic pictures are actually not authentic afterall the above conclusion would be incorrect.

has anyone seen a picture that contains alien 'privates'? male/female?

It is also possible that the 'common' grey type aliens wear a protective suit of somekind, which would make any such parts unidentifiable and virtually hidden so to speak.

i am surprised that this topic hasn't been brought up before, being that it is highly important when talking of a species. for if not some form of reproduction the species would/will not exist.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I know this is just opinion, but sometimes i feel that we humans wear our privates on the outside (well men). And maybe when beings get to a certain point, there privates go inside themselves like females. just a thought

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by malakiem
I know this is just opinion, but sometimes i feel that we humans wear our privates on the outside (well men). And maybe when beings get to a certain point, there privates go inside themselves like females. just a thought

Sorta what I have been thinking, we could see male and female aliens and have know idea how to tell them apart. For all we know, they can't reproduce and are experimenting with genetically modifying humans, to try and pass on the genetic advantages to us, to carry on the memory of their dieing race. Really, until some of them sit down and have a nice long chat with our biologist, will we really know for sure. Perhaps they may reproduce the phoenix way, when one dies, from the remainders of its corpse turns into a new one, like stars.

truly anything is possible.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I would be more curious if they engage in "relations" for more then reproduction. That would be my question.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jager_Bomb
I would be more curious if they engage in "relations" for more then reproduction. That would be my question.

Like what? Pleasure? Or do you mean something else completely? Maybe they are here to learn about the secrets of the condom
im sorry

[edit on 8-8-2007 by 3_Libras]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Yes pleasure. Sorry if I confused you.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Yes pleasure. Sorry if I confused you.

just straying off here a bit, but ff thats the case, would that then give evidence to the fact that the laws of the universe do not differ too much when it comes to evolution, whether you be on planet earth, or a barren planet unlike earth?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Evolution? The only other species I recall that engage in sexual activites for more then procreation are dolphins and some monkeys. So I don't know if thats really an evolutionary thing.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Evolution? The only other species I recall that engage in sexual activites for more then procreation are dolphins and some monkeys. So I don't know if thats really an evolutionary thing.

Well, im not preaching factual evidence but I think we can assume that our predecessors more than likely mated for procreation. that too changed overtime. all just guesswork on my part, but it just seems like it wouldve been that way.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
ok so assuming that they do procreate i wonder how newborns are delivered so to speak.
do they start out similar to that of tadpoles, are they laid in eggs like fowl and some lizards? what are some other possibilities?

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
If aliens exist then they must reproduce somehow or there wouldn't be aliens. A chicken and the egg sort of argument but there has to be an origin.

Say if a ship containing our astronauts were to be discovered by an alien race - would they observe any evidence of reproduction among the crew?
Considering the diversity in the mechanics of reproduction just on this planet alone the means of reproduction may not be immediately obvious to a casual observer without an extended study in a 'normal' environment.

What if an alien race had engineered a specific form of themselves to cope with the demands of long distance space travel, a mutation without reproductive capability.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Cloning? Like in Stargate with the dieing Asgard race (I love those little guys)

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
For all we know they could be asexual or transvestites or they grow like plants or something.Pop a lil seed in the ground and bang you got yourself and alien

There have been cases where people report being sexually assualted or raped by them

Then again they could be a race that has a completely dominant gender where all we see are 1 type. the others could be back home making me my dinner =P

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidKid
For all we know they could be asexual or transvestites or they grow like plants or something.Pop a lil seed in the ground and bang you got yourself and alien

There have been cases where people report being sexually assualted or raped by them

Then again they could be a race that has a completely dominant gender where all we see are 1 type. the others could be back home making me my dinner =P

Probings??
I would put a cringe face if I saw one.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Perhaps some are able too grow seedlings like a plant or even some may give birth too eggs. The spectrums the limit when aliens are involved what with near endless possibilities throughout the universe. What works here may not work there and vice a versa.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join