It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Cant understand why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Before we invaded Iraq this last time Bush's main arguement for justifying the war was we suspected saddam had WMD. Well, if that were true and the only reason we went to war was to stop his WMD program we werent even sure he had then why are we not at war with North Korea. We know for a fact they are developing WMD and they told the US they will not quit making them. I'm just wondering why nobody ever brings that up to our government it just doesnt seem to make sense to me. Why go to war with a country that we suspect has nukes but let a country we know has them alone? and why are we the people of ATS the only ones that raises these questions? Could it be possible we are the only people who think this way?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Why go to war with a nation we "suspect of haveing WMD.

Simple, because there is no guaranteed risk factor. It is all hypothetical because in all reality our intel knows there are no WMD. Just dirty little wanna be bombs.

As for NK, well we know they are trigger happy little asians, just itching for an excuse. Did you know that the north and the south meet in a room with a line divideing the middle of it, just so they can argue and yell at each other. These people are in dire need of some quality anger management.

Finally, "why are we the people of ATS the only ones that raises these questions? Could it be that we are the only people who think this way?"

Yes, and now we have to unite so that our beloved Constitutional Republic can be restored. (applies to U.S. members only, however any help is welcome)

I really doubt we are the only ones who think this way. But it sure seems like it huh. Damn come to think of it, we just might be...

MAN THAT IS SCAREY!

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
its not that we are the only ones asking its just that when you look for answers in a place like this everybody has one its the internet. in the real world finding people who are "detached" from the flock is harder. you are not alone in your thoughts, ever. there where probably a few reasons why we had to go to war with iraq the main reason being control of the oil. i dont think there was any real worry about wmd that was just an excuse. there was an article in the paper that said they had found what they were looking for in terms of wmd but whatever became of that? there was no answer if there was there would have been follow ups. it was another ploy in getting americans to back the war.
one interesting thing i saw on thenational geographic channel today was when saddam was captured he was said to have a piece of paper telling his men not to join terrorist groups or fight. ( i think thats what was said dont attack me if i mangled the actual events).
now if this was true then who was the bad guys in the war? was saddam wrong for trying to protect his country? i dont really think so. he might have been cruel but to this day i dont think there has been any real evidence brought to the public that links osama and saddam. so why did we almost completely stop looking for osoma? why did we go after saddam? so many questions, so very few answers.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
During my time in the military I have came across many people who told me things about the government..one high ranking NCO told me that osama was or still is a CIA operative..we trained and funded him to fight off the soviets when they tried invadin afghanistan and the reason we dont bother lookin for him is because we want him in power..the people who would replace him if we took out osama are supposed to b far worst and i guess we want "our operative" in charge of al qaeida..another thing i was told was saddam hussein was trained at Lackland AFB, Tx. which i believe because when i was based there..there was a part of the base we were not allowed anywhere near..it was were we trained other countrys people.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
What i see as disturbing is there is a country out there that has waged more wars than any other nation this century, has more nukes than any other nation, and opresses millions and millions (possibly billions) of people in other countries and the USA just ignores them... oh wait hang on this huge terror-state is the USA... but i guess when you are that powerful and that influential whatever you do is right and thats just how everyone has to think... if not well you'll be going to visit saddam soon ebough

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
What i see as disturbing is there is a country out there that has waged more wars than any other nation this century,

Actually, we've waged one war this century- Gulf War II.
If you are talking about the last century-
WWI was helping our allies. WWII was a completely justified war. Korea, also justified. Vietnam, that's a grey area. And Gulf War I, justified.

That's what happens when you're a superpower, you get the responsibility to doing alot of fighting.

has more nukes than any other nation,

And this has WHAT do to with the US being a terror state? The Russians were building bombs, and then US were building bombs. Mutually Assured Destruction was a major dterrent to NOT having WWIII, and you achieve MAD by matchign your enemy.
[quot]e and opresses millions and millions (possibly billions) of people in other countries
OK...so now, where are these millions of oppressed people? And where the # are these billions of oppressed people? You said billions, too! You mean that the US lords over at least 1/3 of the world's population?

and the USA just ignores them... oh wait hang on this huge terror-state is the USA... but i guess when you are that powerful and that influential whatever you do is right and thats just how everyone has to think... if not well you'll be going to visit saddam soon ebough

"I hate Geordge Bush."

By your logic, the FBI should be kicking down my door shortl-

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I dunno about opressing billions of people..except maybe their own..all i know is when i was in iraq..when i was in afghanistan those people we so happy we were there..they would thank me and give us gifts..i remember when i was in afghnistan this one local guy who fought with the northern alliance said after 9/11 occured he thanked his God because he knew the US would come and overthrow his corrupt government that was far worse than the terrorist state US you speak of. Before you label us so bad i suggest to take a trip to Iraq and Afghanistan and ask some of the locals if we made their life better. Now as far as having the most nuclear weapons, we need them to protect ourselves. My job now is to guard the ICBM Minuteman 3s and as far as I know they are used as a detterent..only 33% of the missiles we have in the ground would actually hit their target..so we might have more nukes than any other nation but if only a lil more than 1/3 of them work..then our strategic capability isnt too much better than say..russia..china..just my 2 cents

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
ihatethisplace, last i heard about the US findin wmds in Iraq was they found a couple rpg rounds that could be fitted with mustard gas..they are doing tests on them now to see if in fact it did house the gas. They were found buried in the sand by the iranian border and believed to have been left there from the iraq iran war in the 80s.

top topics

join