It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question for you christians

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by plague

First off if you think that you are not bound by the OT Law then you are not christian, you my friend are practicing pualianity and that is a fact. Paul was not a disciple of Jesus never met him and argued with the other 12 apostles about what Jesus taught. Jesus stated many time that you must keep his comandments and his fathers. Why would god not tempt peter or anyone. remember he told abraham to kill his son just to test his faith. As far as the loaves of pfhish Jesus served Ive already touched on it.

So your position is, that Paul is not a christian?? If you had read (all) of what I had said you would see that when I said we were not bound by the old testament law, I certainly didnt mean we were free to break Gods commandments but that we now had them written on our hearts instead of in our heads, but where in the commandments is the issue of not eating meat touched on??

Also you asked the question yourself... Why would god not tempt peter or anyone?? my question was why would he??? God told peter to rise, kill, and eat....why would God command peter to rise, kill , and eat, if it was against the law???

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal

First off if you think that you are not bound by the OT Law then you are not christian, you my friend are practicing pualianity and that is a fact. Paul was not a disciple of Jesus never met him and argued with the other 12 apostles about what Jesus taught. Jesus stated many time that you must keep his comandments and his fathers. Why would god not tempt peter or anyone. remember he told abraham to kill his son just to test his faith. As far as the loaves of pfhish Jesus served Ive already touched on it.

So your position is, that Paul is not a christian?? If you had read (all) of what I had said you would see that when I said we were not bound by the old testament law, I certainly didnt mean we were free to break Gods commandments but that we now had them written on our hearts instead of in our heads, but where in the commandments is the issue of not eating meat touched on??

Also you asked the question yourself... Why would god not tempt peter or anyone?? my question was why would he??? God told peter to rise, kill, and eat....why would God command peter to rise, kill , and eat, if it was against the law???

No Paul is not a true Christian or Apostle. A true disciple of Christ would not change his words and teachings. The commandment is "Thou shall not kill" and thats just what it means.

To test Peters faith. TO see where Peters heart lies. A good example of this is in the Bhavagad Gita. As a Vaishna we are taught to have respect for all life forms yet Krishna orderd Arjuna to fight in the battle. He basically said that if you believe im God and you love me and you are a great devotee then you will do my bidding no matter the outcome. Same for the Gopis....Krishna had a headache and the only cure (wasnt the only cure hes god he doent get headaches..lol..but sometimes god plays a certain role so that his devotees can show there love) was the dust off the
feet of the Gopis. When they heard this they collected up all this dust and took it to the saints to give to Krishna. The saint were astonished... they told the gopis are you shure? you know this is an offense and will send you directly to the hellish planets. The Gopis said " yes we are shure... for we love God so much that we would spend eternities in the hellish planes then see Krishna have a headache for one more second" that is devotion and thats what god wanted from Peter. Do you love me enough to do what I ask even if it means your own damnation?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hey vegetarianism. That's cool, but not for me. You're probably pretty safe ripping on Christians in general, but when it comes to this topic specifically, you do realize you're likely to incur the wrath of the entire state of Texas, right? You don't want that kinda trouble. Come on, if we weren't growing cows for meat, there wouldn't be any. It's not like they're sly and crafty and stealthy. They're slow walking buffets on the hoof.

Do you love me enough to do what I ask even if it means your own damnation?

Who's asking, again? Because, probably not.

I could maybe give up beef if it was doctor's orders or something. But don't mess with muh porkchops.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

The meat did not go to waste. After the sacrifice was made, the meat was then given to the people to eat. Also, God sent birds flying low to the Israel people in the wilderness so they would have meat to eat, because they complained that they didn't have anything but manna. And begging your pardon, but Jesus ate fish (Luke 24:41-42.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
standby,
If you read all the post before this one you will see were we have gone over all this. The priest were the only ones allowed to eat the meat with the exception of the peace offering in wich everyone could partake. Also as stated before God gave specific instructions about how to prepare the meat to be eaten wich made it impossible to do which meant you couldnt eat it.
When speaking of the passage in exodus yes God rained down birds for them, and he also insructed them to eat lamb at passover. One catch to this they were still in egypt during the first passover and they had just left egypt when they were in the wilderness. It was custom to eat animal flesh in egypt and the hebrews had become acoustomed to this. God is a pretty wise fellow and understood the human condition and knew that you couldnt just take these people from eating the flesh of an animal and feasting and dining on the fat and blood to wondering around in the wilderness eating bread. But when they entered apon new Isreal God gave them a whole new set of rules to live by.
Jesus eating fish.... I have covered this too. You must becareful with buying a bible. Some have crappy translations and do not contain the whole translation at time.
LUKE 24:41-43
"And while they believed yet not for joy and wondered, Jesus said onto them, have ye here any brosimos (which means "that which may be eatable" in hebrew) ? And they gave him a piece of broiled fish and of a honeycomb, and he took IT, and did eat before them"

Note that Luke did not say he took them he said it. There is no grammerical error or lazyness on lukes part this is to show that Jesus would Fullfill the prophesies set forth in the book of Isaiah.

ISAIAH 7:14-15
"Therefore the lord himself shall give you a sign, behold a young woman shall concieve and bear a son and shall call his name Immanuel. By the time the child is old enough to choose what is right and to reject what is wrong YOGURT AND HONEY shall he eat,

Jesus did indeed know to reject the flesh of the fish and except the honeycomb.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
"My question is this. Do you love Jesus? Do you follow his teaching and examples? How about God? Do you follow his word?
Ok now the real question... are you a vegetarian? It is forbidden in the bible to eat meat. Among many things said in the bible the most blantent of all is in the 10 commandments... "THOU SHALL NOT KILL"."

Actually folks, the Greek and the Aramaic really says thou shall not murder, not thou shall not kill. Before you post this jive know what you are talking about.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by GrndLkNatv]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

They do call it the land of MILK AND HONEY not STEAK AND CHICKEN...

i wish they did it has a better ring to it. im not gonna sit here an quote scripture because i believe there is already overwhelming evidence that you dont have a clue. i went to a christian school k-4 through 12. two hours of bible study every morning. never once did iread anywhere in the bible that eating meat is wrong. but if you are right i will gladly go to hell for eating meat and hunting. which i do proudly not just for sport and food but to help preserve the populations of animals. which by the way science has proven time and time again that game managment is a must.
iknow you will want to see studies on this so here is a few links for ya..
dnr.wi.gov...
www.fws.gov...
if you want more info on this matter id be glad to offer but the above should be enough to hold my points..

btw god provided quail and bread for the jews during exidus..

[edit on 15pmu12007 by DaleGribble]

[edit on 15pmu12007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
it is mans inherent nature to kill this is why the bible tells us not to.
If man kind or the human mammal was not made to eat meat then why do we have special TEETH to do such......?
plus eating vegan and vegetarian does not provide the necessary nurishment and vitamans to fight disease it the blood cell count... look at all the veggie hindus that are desparaged with all sorts of disease, because they do not have immune system.
just don't eat pork in fact all the major religions preach this.
and they also teach that an animal has to be killed humane, but cutting the throat and letting the animal bleed out meaning first the animal has to be calm , then cut the throat, hold the head down so the death throws will activate the heart to pump more blood to the injury, which pumps all the hormone and disease and cells out of the body, the reason for the calm animal is when you are scared adrenaline pumps through the system then into the muscle, putting those bad hormones into the meat, which makes it tough to eat. look at how a tiger kills goes for the throat and sits there until its dead and eats it .
I would argee not to eat USDA meat but maybe kosher or halal meat it is tender, like a good corn fed with wheat cow which makes for tender eating veal.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
First off if you were so understand of the bible, you would know that the rule not to eat meat was a old law, old testiment law,

We live by new laws Jesus christ laws, not the laws of the old.

Second I believe it said when food came down from heaven for a disciple of God, That disciple said that he does'nt eat meat, I believe a chime rang, and that God said "what he sas made shall not be called on clean"

You attact us christains with your questions you should know what your talking about, you think God said he will send you to hell if you eat meat. No Jesus said that if you believe in him whom has sent you that he have life in you. Remember Jesus came for sinners not people who will always be good. Us who are saved will sin, we will do stupid stuff knowing it is wrong, the question is do you ask forgiveness, do you have a personal relationship with God, do you believe God's word (bible) other than what the preacher says, do you have faith and works. Is in the end your heart pure.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by plague

Your whole idea is flawed because...WE ARE ANIMALS. omnivores. meat and plants.
Do lions and tigers worship the bible? My point is we are animals like them. They eat meat, supposedly god made both of us. and supposedly all plants & animals are created for us to raise.
So if we are all animals how can they eat dear meat and not us? because their not christian?

[edit on 5-10-2007 by Mailman]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   

My question is this. Do you love Jesus? Do you follow his teaching and examples? How about God? Do you follow his word?
Ok now the real question... are you a vegetarian? It is forbidden in the bible to eat meat. Among many things said in the bible the most blantent of all is in the 10 commandments... "THOU SHALL NOT KILL".

Hey,you have made a misunderstanding here.
God does not mean we could not kill animals for meat.

THOU SHALL NOT KILL( other people).
Now understand ?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join