It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question for you christians

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
God gave me dominion over everything on the earth, and I plan to exercise it!

Genesis 1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

That's basically survival of the fittest right there.

Pass me the creepy crawlies please.. and can I have some more surf and turf!?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
lol..... its nice to see that at the end of the day you can make a joke and I
can laugh cuz its partially true. I could not harm another living entity. My friends think im wierd because im always looking down to make shure that I dont step on any ants or other bugs. I dont even kill spiders if I can avoid it. If I think there poisoness then I try to remove them the safest way I can. Sometimes it works sometimes it dont. I must confess that Im not an actual Christian, but a devotee to Krishna. But I have the outmost respect for Jesus and think he was the top most Guru Maharaja of his day.
And the more Ive learned about my chosen path and sastras the more I come to understand Jesus and more I feel like there is so much things he can still teach me and his followers. It just upsets me sometimes because I see the whole Christian movement going astray and becoming more and more fixed in this material plane. I find alot of what Jesus said was simple yet very advanced and sometimes you have to read alittle deeper then you think to find the real meaning. Alot of his teachings parallel those of those found in the Vedic text of old. I give Jesus my humble obesciences because he was a topmost Vaishna and top most Guru of God Consciousness. Again I meant no offense to anyone on a personal level ...
we are all part and parcel of god and his energy and to offend another Jiva is to offend yourself. So please forgive me of my tresspasses and I only hope that you guys will atleast take a minute to think about the things Ive said. Believe when I tell you that not eating meat will open a whole new consciousness up to you.....

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by plague
I must confess that Im not an actual Christian, but a devotee to Krishna. But I have the outmost respect for Jesus and think he was the top most Guru Maharaja of his day.
And the more Ive learned about my chosen path and sastras the more I come to understand Jesus and more I feel like there is so much things he can still teach me and his followers. It just upsets me sometimes because I see the whole Christian movement going astray and becoming more and more fixed in this material plane. I find alot of what Jesus said was simple yet very advanced and sometimes you have to read alittle deeper then you think to find the real meaning. Alot of his teachings parallel those of those found in the Vedic text of old. I give Jesus my humble obesciences because he was a topmost Vaishna and top most Guru of God Consciousness. Again I meant no offense to anyone on a personal level ...
we are all part and parcel of god and his energy and to offend another Jiva is to offend yourself. So please forgive me of my tresspasses and I only hope that you guys will atleast take a minute to think about the things Ive said. Believe when I tell you that not eating meat will open a whole new consciousness up to you.....

Peace be with you brother.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Please reread what you have wrote... do you really feel this way? I mean animals are Gods creations and they do have souls... Again God did give you dominion over them. Does it really mean you have to slaughter them?
If someone lets you watch there kids and says they are your do what you want .... do you beat them cuz you can? do you defile them cuz you can?
do you treat them like crap cuz you can. I can respect the hunter who goes out and battles the element and is one with nature not the little boy who needs a butcher to do his dirty work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
All 613 Mitzvot, the first Ten and the even the Kosher laws are all from
G-d not Moses.

613 Mitzvot
en.wikipedia.org...

Kosher butcher of meat has been going for thousands of years.

Shechita
en.wikipedia.org...

Even the Muslims do it.

Ḏabīḥah
en.wikipedia.org...

Comparison of Dhabiĥa Halal and kashrut
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Kosher meat is a load of crap. You can not remove all the blood or fat from meat..... its impossible, and please dont use wikapedia as a reference as anyone can go on and make there own entries and such..not very reliable. GOD gave Moses the 10 commandments in stone then he gave the rest through the tabernacle. I was told once by a very devoute Muslin that in the Koran it stated that in order to not incur sin while eating meat you must cut your child or closest loved one for every animal or bite. soemthing crazy. Now I admit I have not read the Koran yet but I tend to believe him as hes a solid follower and person, and not the only person who has told me this. Almost all religious sastras forbid meat eating.

Also remember God gave you freewill to do what you want because your love with out freewill is not love at all. So yes you have freewill to do what ever you want, but its how you use it that counts. If you want to eat meat God will n ot intervene he keeps his promise of freewill but it doesnt mean you wont incur sin for it.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by plague]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

Please reread what you have wrote... do you really feel this way? I mean animals are Gods creations and they do have souls... Again God did give you dominion over them. Does it really mean you have to slaughter them?
If someone lets you watch there kids and says they are your do what you want .... do you beat them cuz you can? do you defile them cuz you can?
do you treat them like crap cuz you can. I can respect the hunter who goes out and battles the element and is one with nature not the little boy who needs a butcher to do his dirty work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I really do feel this way. As for your remark about the neighbors children, they don't fit the equation because they are humans too.

Basically I very seriously believe that humans have the right to do whatever they want to the creatures of this earth. You might not like it, but we do. There also might be consequences, but that doesn't remove the "God Given Right".

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Kosher meat is a load of crap. You can not remove all the blood or fat from meat..... its impossible, and please dont use wikapedia as a reference as anyone can go on and make there own entries and such..not very reliable. GOD gave Moses the 10 commandments in stone then he gave the rest through the tabernacle. I was told once by a very devoute Muslin that in the Koran it stated that in order to not incur sin while eating meat you must cut your child or closest loved one for every animal or bite. soemthing crazy. Now I admit I have not read the Koran yet but I tend to believe him as hes a solid follower and person, and not the only person who has told me this. Almost all religious sastras forbid meat eating.

Also remember God gave you freewill to do what you want because your love with out freewill is not love at all. So yes you have freewill to do what ever you want, but its how you use it that counts. If you want to eat meat God will n ot intervene he keeps his promise of freewill but it doesnt mean you wont incur sin for it.

I have two copies of the Koran and I have no idea what your talking about. I lived in Afghanistan for a year and Four months in Iraq. I have never seen what your talking about. I have Muslim friends. I have simply never heard or seen what your talking about.

You do realize that plants are lifeforms. You do know that they have DNA. That they feel pain.

Do you eat Fungi?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
one we have already covered the plant based karma thru prasad. DNA is a symptom of the material world and has no bearing on the soul therefore is kind of mute on this subject. this thread is not that long and is very easy to read through. no disrespect.
no I do not eat fungi (that im aware of). Like I said this Koran knowledge is second hand but its not the first time ive heard it.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

one we have already covered the plant based karma thru prasad. DNA is a symptom of the material world and has no bearing on the soul therefore is kind of mute on this subject. this thread is not that long and is very easy to read through. no disrespect.
no I do not eat fungi (that im aware of). Like I said this Koran knowledge is second hand but its not the first time ive heard it.

Don't you mean moot? I don't think you meant to say "mute"

Uhmm... Since the soul is the whole of our subjective experience, DNA actually has a HUGE bearing on the soul. There is no difference between the "material" world and the "spiritual" world. It is only a continuum of different degrees. Remember energy and matter are two sides of the same coin.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   

My question is this. Do you love Jesus? Do you follow his teaching and examples? How about God? Do you follow his word?
Ok now the real question... are you a vegetarian? It is forbidden in the bible to eat meat. Among many things said in the bible the most blantent of all is in the 10 commandments... "THOU SHALL NOT KILL".

Meat: No. When it's preached that it is forbidden, it's a doctrine of demons, God's Word says. For all food is good to eat if it's received (eaten) and nothing to be refused if it's received with thanksgiving. And is sanctified by The Word of God and Prayer.

2nd witness:

1 Tim 4:1-5

4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer. KJV

[edit on 8/11/2007 by Jesus-Is-Real]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I love Jesus,...I've read the bible and I know that God is real and loves me.

Yeah what she said.

Good going, Mod.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by samnx2
If you read the bible, you would know bread and meat was the staple diet, mostly lamb. Thou shall not kill...means "Man" ..not meat. There would not have been much of a human race if man could not have hunted for his food during all stages of humanity. Read you history...it may help you to know how man has lived through out history.,...you can't expect the rest of us to hug bunnies, its not respectible...or is that delectable?

Yes, what he samn2 said.

You all are wonderful indeed.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Stop the xtian bashings.

Please. It makes the rest of us look bad and you are feeding their fires against us.

Jasn

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Wow some good responses.....tell me plague what about drinking or smoking......other than that God clearly says its okay to eat these animals but not these.......then later says do not concern what goes into the mouth after a vision of unclean animals so stop why would he say either of those if he didn't want man to consume meat come on!!!!GOD LISTS WHAT ANIMALS ARE OKAY TO EAT AT ONE POINT STILL!!! even if you can override with thoughts or explanations the whole all animals are okay now there is no denying the okay and not okay thing......on another note
mr.wumpy you stated that ones beliefs should be a separate matter.....in that case get rid of ATS and stop trying to convince people that things are wrong or bad or that the government is corrupt....NO!!!!!
DENY IGNORANCE that is this site's purpose to help those find the freedom from what this world enslaves them to believe
FREEDOM IS THE RIGHT OF ALL SENTIENT BEINGS!!!!-Optimus prime

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
To the few vegetarians who look down on meat eaters (not all do) I'd like to point out that when the fields are being harvested thousands of little animals die in the process, in other words unless you grow your own plot of land and hand pick your veggies you're a hypocrite.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
"You cannot follow Christ and make judgements at the same time. You must either Judge, or follow Christ.

Today most "Chrsitians" are actually just Judges... wanting to be right, and wanting everyone else to be wrong." Quoted by Quazga.

I could be wrong, but I get the feeling that he is the one sitting in judgement 99% of the time. He strikes me as a very unhappy sort of person.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corum
To the few vegetarians who look down on meat eaters (not all do) I'd like to point out that when the fields are being harvested thousands of little animals die in the process, in other words unless you grow your own plot of land and hand pick your veggies you're a hypocrite.

GOOD ONE!! HA! HA! HA!

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by thestatue
Wow some good responses.....tell me plague what about drinking or smoking......other than that God clearly says its okay to eat these animals but not these.......then later says do not concern what goes into the mouth after a vision of unclean animals so stop why would he say either of those if he didn't want man to consume meat come on!!!!GOD LISTS WHAT ANIMALS ARE OKAY TO EAT AT ONE POINT STILL!!! even if you can override with thoughts or explanations the whole all animals are okay now there is no denying the okay and not okay thing......on another note
mr.wumpy you stated that ones beliefs should be a separate matter.....in that case get rid of ATS and stop trying to convince people that things are wrong or bad or that the government is corrupt....NO!!!!!
DENY IGNORANCE that is this site's purpose to help those find the freedom from what this world enslaves them to believe
FREEDOM IS THE RIGHT OF ALL SENTIENT BEINGS!!!!-Optimus prime

There goes someone reading the Bible with the carnal mind again and expecting to understand it. Why is it so hard to understand that when Jesus came and obtained redemption for man, that he fulfilled the Mosaic Law? And some things changed. He didn't do away with it, He fulfilled it. That set of laws was impossible to keep. If you broke one part of it, you were guilty of breaking the whole thing. If you keep one part of it, you are responsible for keeping the whole thing. And we are not talking the ten commandments here, solely. Oh boy! What a can of worms I just opened! Okay! Hit me with your best shot. But before you do, how about accepting my challenge in the new forum I just opened for Non-believers, Agnostics and Atheists. Then maybe you can answer a few things for yourself.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I think at this point we all need a good healthy dose of Matthew 7.

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.

6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits.

That about summs it up, imo.

Thanks to plague for bringing this issue into the light for an informed discussion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join