It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question for you christians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
My question is this. Do you love Jesus? Do you follow his teaching and examples? How about God? Do you follow his word?
Ok now the real question... are you a vegetarian? It is forbidden in the bible to eat meat. Among many things said in the bible the most blantent of all is in the 10 commandments... "THOU SHALL NOT KILL".

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I love Jesus, I try to live a good life, I don't claim to be a church going christian, however I was raised to know right from wrong, I've read the bible and I know that God is real and loves me.

Secondly, I didn't / don't kill the animals that I eat

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
if god didnt want me to eat his creations he wouldnt have made them taste so good.I love everyone, we all rock in our own funktastic way.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Of all the flaws in the Christian belief system, thats the best you can do?

You launch a pointless attack against the beliefs of your fellow members and don't even make it a very good attack.

If you want to spell out the reasons Christianity is wrong, you should atleast have the guts to research and put forth a valid argument on many fronts, spelled out on many levels and explain in detail why they are so, so misguided.

This thread does not deserve comment and I feel cheapened for having done so.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Thankfully I'm a city girl so I never had to give any thought to eating and it's relation to possibly breaking the 10 Commandments . I don't have to kill anything! I can go to the grocery store and get steak, chicken, pork, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, WHATEVER, without having to be my own hunter and gatherer!!!

There have only been a few occassions where the sound of my crisp lettuce made me wonder if I was inflicting pain on the poor little leafy green ... but, I try not to think about that. I can't imagine having to give up my veggies!

Jemison

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Come on Wupy, show him how it's done. Drop the best flaw on us. Let's see what you got.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

Come on Wupy, show him how it's done. Drop the best flaw on us. Let's see what you got.

Sorry. I'm a member of the Unitarian Universalist fellowship here in town and a Spiritual Anarchist. I'm not allowed to pick on other peoples beliefs. All people have a right to believe what they choose to believe. You can worship a turnip for all I care.

I just think that spirituality should be a private matter, and practiced within. As long as we keep trying to shove our own beliefs down other peoples throats, we will have conflict.

Love God, serve as you choose, let your brothers and sisters do the same.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Sun, How bout this.......

Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Why can't I own Canadians?

or

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for Sissy?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Canadians are lazy, you'd spend more feeding them they would would return in profit. I'm solidly with George Bush on this one, buy Mexican!

And your not really selling your daughter, Your picking a son-in-law that will help make the family richer and stronger. If he's just buying her to have her, the price is negoatiable, If he's buying her out of love...wooohooo...the skies the limit

Just kidding folks, I think the christians should be able to buy Canadian if thats what they want.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

You launch a pointless attack against the beliefs of your fellow members and don't even make it a very good attack.

If you want to spell out the reasons Christianity is wrong, you should atleast have the guts to research and put forth a valid argument on many fronts, spelled out on many levels and explain in detail why they are so, so misguided.

This thread does not deserve comment and I feel cheapened for having done so.

First off I never said it was a flaw. It is of the creators design and therefore infalluable. Im just trying to make people wake up. If your Christian and you love God and follw the path of Jesus then eating meat should not be on your things to do list. Im sorry you wasted your time hoping I was going to bash some christians but im not. Im trying to help and be the voice of reason because if your eating meat (yes its still tainted even if you didnt kill it) then your going against gods comandments.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Since the subject is thou shall not kill, I can say that I am surprised how kill happy the christian religion is! With wars, death penalties, torture, I mean come on.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by plague
Im trying to help and be the voice of reason because if your eating meat (yes its still tainted even if you didnt kill it) then your going against gods comandments.

Umm, no not commandments... we're talking about one here.

I seriously doubt that eating meat will keep me out of heaven.

Besides, we as humans didn't climb to the top of the food chain to eat leaves. or something like that..

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Originally posted by plague
Im trying to help and be the voice of reason because if your eating meat (yes its still tainted even if you didnt kill it) then your going against gods comandments.

Umm, no not commandments... we're talking about one here.

I seriously doubt that eating meat will keep me out of heaven.

Besides, we as humans didn't climb to the top of the food chain to eat leaves. or something like that..

No but we were givin intelligence to know right from wrong. And killing of anysort is wrong be it human or animal. Animals kill other animals because there not as evolved as our species. Animals are here as a test..a test of mans true nature. You can partake in the maya of the material world and eat all the meat you want but it will only lead to more ignorance. You could feed the whole world 4 times over with all the grains that you feed livestock. We would not have population problems if we didnt need large factories and farms to slaughter these poor animals. Its kind of disgusting how people seem to eat off this huge assembly line of murder. Killing animal after animal just you can stuff your face full of its flesh. The eating of animal flesh is condemded in almost every religions sastras.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Plague, you ought to do some more study before you come out with a question that you apparently believe to be loaded. Your question demonstrates a poor understanding of scripture and/or Christianity. Maybe if you come to understand us better you'll see we're not the horrible and/or repressed people you might believe us to be.

First, Christians ARE NOT bound by any of the Hebraic law, (the law of love is the only law that applies to us) the Ten Commandments included (Colossians 2:13-14), but even if they were, the only thing that the Sixth Commandment forbids is murder...this is reflected in the original Hebrew and in most (if not all) of the newer translations.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Who says Christians are not bound to Judaic Law.....

"dont misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets"
St Mathews 5:17

"so if you break the least commandment and teach others to do the same, you will be called least in the kingdom of heaven"
St. Mathews 5:19

"if ye keep my commandments, ye shalt abide in my love, even as I have
kept my fathers commandments, abd abide in his love"
John 15:10

"for this love of god , that we keep his commandments and his commandments are not grievous"
I John 5:3

So now who told you not to keep the commandments??? It seems that Jesus is very high on the commandments..... never trust wikipedia anyone can go in and add and subtract. Rememebr ... when you study sastra you should study from a bonifide source... like Jesus.

As far as the no eating meat ... here is a list of greek words that were translated into the word meat in the bible.

greek word it translation
Broma food
Brosis the act of eating food
Phago to eat
Brosimos that which may be eaten
Trophe nourishment
Prosphagon anything to eat

So each time in the bible when one of these words are translated there translated into the word meat. HMMMMMM can you smell the conspiracy.

"but flesh with the life there of, which is the blood there of, shall ye not eat, and surely your blood of your lives will I require at the hand of every beast will I require it"
GEN. 9:4-5

"He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man"
Isaiah 66:3

And in the very beginning of the bible
"and god said, behold I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is on the face of the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed, to you it shall be for meat"
GEN. 1:29

"butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil and choose the good" Isiah 7:15

This right here references Jesus as a vegetarian staying away from the evil and sin incurred while eating meat.

These are just a few... so please ponder on what I am saying. Im not the fool you mistake me to be.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
In Genesis god gives man dominion over all the animals. So I don't think the commandment against murder counts as to animals.

But seeing as how I don't believe in god or gods, but embrace evolution and the food web that we are part of, and knowing that it was meat that helped us develop this great intelligence we have now, I don't see a problem with eating animals.

Anyway, there are many animals that would eat me given half a chance. Fair's fair.

[edit: grammatical error]

[edit on 7-8-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Oh! That reminds me -- Yahweh loved blood sacrifice of animals.

So it is OK to kill the animals for god and let the meat go to waste, but not OK to eat them?

Hmmmm ... I sense another inconsistency here to add to my list.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It should read, "Thou shalt not murder." Murder is the unlawful taking of another human life.

www.biblestudy.org...

So it seems you've missed the loophole. Jesus ate meat during (at least) Passover, no? That should end your - 'Real Christians Should Be/Are Vegetarians' - argument right there.

How about this?:

Genesis 9:2-4

2And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. 3Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things. 4But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Any thoughts on clean versus unclean animals? Why is that distinction necessary if what you say is true?

Eating meat is not forbidden by Scripture... so while you may think it better, and you may be correct, I'd be careful of framing your argument in this manner. Here's a site you might like: The Christian Vegetarian Association (CVA)

Regards.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   

It is forbidden in the bible to eat meat.

Wrong. Not even close.

Genesis 9

1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.

3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

This instruction is further clarified by Moses.

Leviticus 11

2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, These are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth.

3 Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that shall ye eat.

4 Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof: as the camel, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.

5 And the coney, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.

6 And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.

7 And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.

8 Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.

10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.

12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

13 And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,

14 And the vulture, and the kite after his kind;

15 Every raven after his kind;

16 And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind,

17 And the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl,

18 And the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle,

19 And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.

20 All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.

21 Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth;

22 Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind.

23 But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.

According to the Bible, Christ Himself said:

Matthew 15

7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:

11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

You are just plain wrong.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
You may want to consider that if Christ was a vegetarian he would not have performed the 'loaves and fishes' miracle, nor would he have filled the nets with fish for the fishermen.

Eric

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join