It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unquiet Sky

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
If the sky looks empty, it is being deceptive, for the record of material that falls from the sky is so varied it is almost unbelievable. But the evidence is there, even though the answers arent. Due to the numerous accounts of these strange stories, this will be an ongoing thread which I will continually be adding to...

A 10 minute shower of toads at Jouy-en-Josas, near Versailles France in June 1833 was witnessed by M. Heard. They bounced off his umbrella, hopped about on the pavement and were as numerous as the raindrops. (Monthly Weather Review, 45:217, May 1917)

At Marsala on the western coast of Sicily, a small dark cloud appeared in the calm sky. It gradually increased in size and eventually shed a shower of stones on the town, some of which damaged slates and roofs. (Niles Weekly Register, 48:397 Aug 8 1835)

At the Benicia army station near San Francisco, troops on the drill ground were showered with blood and pieces of meat, apparently beef, on July 20 1851. Specimens "from the size of a pigeons egg up to that of an orange" were given to the army surgeon, who described some slices as being slightly tainted. (The San Francisco Herald, July 24 1851)

A shower of candy is recorded as having occurred in some sections of Lake County Calif. on the nights of September 2 and 11, 1857. "It is said that on both these nights there fell a shower of candy or sugar. The crystals were from 1/8th to 1/4th of an inch in length and the size of a goose quill. Syrup was made of it by some of the lady residents of the section. (Lyman L Palmer, History of Napa and Lake Counties, Calif., p.71)

During a violent storm angular black pebbles fell on Wolverhampton England in such quantities that they had to be shoveled away. (La Science Pour Tous, 5:264, July 19, 1860)

Flesh and blood fell for 3 minutes and covered some 2 acres of Mr. J. Hudson's farm near Los Nietos Calif. on Aug 1 1869. The day was clear and windless, and flesh fell as fine particles as well as in strips from 1 to 6 inches long. SHort fine hairs also fell with it. It was also reported that flesh and blood had fallen in Santa Clara County some 2 months earlier. (San Francisco Evening Bulletin Aug 9, 1869)

A rain of living snakes fell over the southern part of Memphis Tennessee in 1877. They measured from a foot to 18 inches in length and were presumed to have been swept into the air by a hurricane; but where the snakes might exist 'in such abundance' - they fell by the thousands - is yet a mystery. (Scientific American, 36:86, Feb 10, 1877)

Several acres of ground were covered by a deluge of small fish that fell from a clear sky at Chico, Calif. in 1878 as reported in The New York Times on September 2 of that year.

A small yellow cloud passed rapidly over Paderborn Germany during a thunderstorm. When the cloud broke, a clattering rain of living pond mussels (Andonta anatina) fell on the town. (Nature, 47:278, Jan 19, 1893)

Several hundred sand eels (Ammodytes tobianus) fell on an area of about 1/3 of an acre at Hendon, a suburb of Sunderland England on Aug. 24, 1918. There was a heavy rain and the fish were not only dead but stiff and hard when picked up just after the occurrence. (Nature, 102;46, Sept. 19, 1918)

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
WOW! That is some crazy stuff.

I wish it would just rain money, or better yet, gold in my yard! All, I ever get is the boring ole wet stuff!

Nice thread, keep adding too it! I have also heard ab[ut different colored snow from various places. Maybe you could add that to this thread as well.

Anyway, thanks Grock!

this is a pretty good read!

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Banknotes to the value of 2,000 marks fluttered down from a clear sky at Limburg West Germany in January 1976 and were picked up by two clergymen. (The Bath and West Evening Chronicle, January 6, 1976)

"Thousands" of 1,000 franc notes rained down on Bourges France in 1957. No one claimed the notes or reported any loss. (John Michell and Robert J. M. Rickard, Phenomena: A Book of Wonders, p.19)

Cash
A recent episode of "Unsolved Mysteries" related the story of a young couple who discovered cash in their back yard. The money was scattered over their neighbours' yards as well, with some even found on the roof of a house. No one ever came forward to claim the money and they were able to keep it. (Why can't that ever happen at my place?)

paranormal.suite101.com...

Tokyo - Police are looking for the owner of nearly 1 million yen (about R58 000) that fell from the sky on Thursday in Tokyo, local media reported.

A 26-year-old convenience store clerk gathered some of the 10 000-yen bills as they fell from the sky, and a store manager reported the falling money to police, Jiji Press said.

www.iol.co.za...

Pennies and halfpennies fell around children leaving school in Hanham, a suburb of Bristol England one day in 1956. (Phenomena: A Book of Wonders, p.19)

BERLIN (Reuters) - A German motorist surprised by euro notes swirling in the air around her car hit the brakes and collected a "substantial amount of money" before turning it over to police, authorities in Worms said on Thursday.

www.reuters.com...

Numerous silver coins fell in the Meshchera region in central Russia during a storm in August 1940 (Phenomena: A book of Wonders, p.19)

:-)

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Here are some websites concerning this topic, enjoy:

www.anomalist.com...

www.prairieghosts.com...

www.ufoarea.com...

www.watleyreview.com...

www.cnn.com...

findarticles.com...

paranormal.about.com...

www.ananova.com...

www.unexplainable.net...

in fact, the number of websites dedicated to this are almost as numerous as the incidences themselves!

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Here are some more interesting stories:

link

link

link

link

link

paranormal.about.com...

enjoy

[edit: long links - skewing page]

[edit on 28-6-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
A couple other stories I recently found:

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

just in case anyone cares

enjoy :-)

[edit on 10-8-2007 by Grock]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
looks like im the only one in this thread, i guess ill have to keep all the good stuff to myself lol

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Good finds Grock. I have always been fascinated by these type of stories. Just last year a tribe in Africa reported stones falling upon their huts. Strange stuff indeed.
Thanks for all the links and work.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
What do you think could cause things like this?
Tornados? Hurricanes? Thermal Dynamics? God?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Grock

What a cool post, Grock!

I heard that water cyclone can, at times, account for fish and other marine life falling back to the ground after they get sucked up.
As for the stuff that you dug up, it's crazy!!
Going to look into this a bit

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
ty wolf. What gets me is that some of these instances occurred in places where the 'normal' theory just wont fly... Im having a hard time wrapping my mind around some of these events. Extremely high atmosheric events?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
What is most astounding is that these events are most unexplainable.
We, in this hurty gurdy science world.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Yeah and im coming across alot more stories that i might post in here.... the more i look down this rabbit hole the wider it seems to get.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
weird beyond the usual.

animals, well, updraft, maybe. how that's supposed to work on snakes (maritime or land varietiy?) is anyone's guess. but banknotes and silver coins? i mean losing a few tons of them is improbable enough but in mid-air? Bernanke's secret weapon at work maybe ?

btw, www.watleyreview.com...

is a mockery.

[edit on 2008.7.30 by Long Lance]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Interdimensional collisions, maybe????

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Yeah some of these phenomena could easily be be cyclones, waterspouts, updrafts etc (ie explainable) but some of these stories are uterly baffling to even consider let alone find a logical conclusion...

snakes... money... blood... coins.. small beef particles... pebbles that are all one type and not from around there... candy... sugar... hair...

I am still truelly amazed at these stories and further amazed that they are still and probably will always remain, unexplained...

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
In North Carolina in the nineteenth century, two different incidents of blood and flesh falling from the sky were recorded. The episodes, one in Sampson County and the other in Chatham County, occurred 34 years apart.

The first flesh fall recorded in North Carolina occurred on 15 February 1850 on the farm of Thomas Clarkson, thirteen miles southwest of the county seat of Clinton. His account of the incident, and a sample of the material, was taken to Fayetteville by a Mr. Holland.

Clarkson's description of the event was taken down by Mr. Holland and printed in the North Carolinian, a newspaper published in Fayetteville. He noted, "On the 15th Feb'y, 1850, there fell within 100 yards of the residence of Thos. M. Clarkson in Sampson county, a shower of Flesh and Blood, about 250 or 300 yards in length. The pieces appeared to be flesh, liver, lights, brains and blood. Some of the blood ran on the leaves, apparently very fresh. Three of his (T.M.C.'s) children were in it, and ran to their mother exclaiming, "Mother there is meat falling!" Their mother went immediately to see, but the shower was over; but there lay the flesh, &c. Neill Campbell, Esq. living close by, was on the spot shortly after it fell, and pronounced it as above. One of his children was about 150 yards from the shower and came running to the rest saying he smelt something like blood. During the time it was falling there was a cloud overhead, having a red appearance like a wind cloud. There was no rain." (1)

The writer for the North Carolinian went on to note that the materials brought in by Mr. Holland was examined "with two of the best microscopes in the place." All who looked at the samples agreed that it was flesh and blood, but from what was unknown. (2)

The second flesh fall recorded in North Carolina occurred on 25 February 1884. Mrs. Kit Lasater, wife of a black tenant farmer who lived on the farm of Silas Beckworth in New Hope Township in Chatham County on the north side of the Pittsboro-Raleigh Road, was standing in a freshly plowed field near a barn a short distance from her family's one room cabin when blood fell from a clear sky upon the ground, bushes and fence all around her.

As word spread of the event, curious people dropped in to investigate the site. At first it was neighbors and friends, but as the news spread, curiosity seekers from further afield came by. Soon, the event was chronicled in the local newspaper, the Chatham Record. Of the event, the paper reported, "Many of the neighbors, after hearing of her statement, visited the spot and they all say that the ground--embracing an area of about 60 feet in circumference--was covered with splotches of something like blood: and an examination of the trees in this place showed blood on the branches. We are informed that a reputable physician of the neighborhood visited the spot and said it was blood." (3)

S.A. Holleman was one of the first people to visit the site. He reported the following particulars. "The space covered was about fifty by seventy feet, and nearly in a rectangular form. The drops were of sizes varying from that of a small pea to that of a man's finger and averaged about one to the square foot. Smaller drops were instantly absorbed, larger ones, with those on the wood, coagulated. Some fell in the bushes and coagulated upon the limbs." (4)

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Great Thread Grock,

The cash thing have you noticed that both of the events that have a date happened in the same month and the same year!!

Money falls from sky
Thu Jul 5, 2007 4:22pm EDT
BERLIN (Reuters)

And

It's raining money!
July 26 2007 at 06:23PM

Mmm something in that if you ask me, do you know the date for this one?

A recent episode of "Unsolved Mysteries" related the story of a young couple who discovered cash in their back yard
3?

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
wow, i hadnt noticed that. thats interesting. Ill have to look around a little ans see if i can find you that date...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The fall of flesh and blood from the sky would generate no small amount of curiosity, even in our technologically advanced society acquainted with air travel. We can only imagine the consternation that such events had upon people in the days before powered flight. Falls of blood, and in some cases even flesh, have been chronicled throughout history from all over the world. Understandably, these events sometimes caused consternation among the people, and were often seen as portents of ill luck or doom.

In North Carolina in the nineteenth century, two different incidents of blood and flesh falling from the sky were recorded. The episodes, one in Sampson County and the other in Chatham County, occurred 34 years apart.

The first flesh fall recorded in North Carolina occurred on 15 February 1850 on the farm of Thomas Clarkson, thirteen miles southwest of the county seat of Clinton. His account of the incident, and a sample of the material, was taken to Fayetteville by a Mr. Holland.

Clarkson's description of the event was taken down by Mr. Holland and printed in the North Carolinian, a newspaper published in Fayetteville. He noted, "On the 15th Feb'y, 1850, there fell within 100 yards of the residence of Thos. M. Clarkson in Sampson county, a shower of Flesh and Blood, about 250 or 300 yards in length. The pieces appeared to be flesh, liver, lights, brains and blood. Some of the blood ran on the leaves, apparently very fresh. Three of his (T.M.C.'s) children were in it, and ran to their mother exclaiming, "Mother there is meat falling!" Their mother went immediately to see, but the shower was over; but there lay the flesh, &c. Neill Campbell, Esq. living close by, was on the spot shortly after it fell, and pronounced it as above. One of his children was about 150 yards from the shower and came running to the rest saying he smelt something like blood. During the time it was falling there was a cloud overhead, having a red appearance like a wind cloud. There was no rain." (1)

The writer for the North Carolinian went on to note that the materials brought in by Mr. Holland was examined "with two of the best microscopes in the place." All who looked at the samples agreed that it was flesh and blood, but from what was unknown. (2)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join