It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New End Of the World Date 26/11/07

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Ok we have a new end of the world date. Damm if we have any more of these it will be the end of the world every day.

Anyway just listening to Nick Pope the former goverment UFO expert. He is live on James Whale radio. Anyway he is trying to stress how concerned he is about the new LHC (Large Hadron Collider) which supposedly will be turned on for the first time on 26th November. I have marvelled at the creation of this collider for some time and have had my own thoughts about creating such a large machine (27 Kilometres to be correct). Anyway Nick seems to think they are playing with more than they know and that they could open a small non evaporating mini black hole here on earth. Any experts on here whats your view.

A 27Km machine!!!!!!!!!

Roll on November 26th

public.web.cern.ch...

[edit on 7-8-2007 by thesaint]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Afaik the activation has been postponed to the summer of 2008, just fyi.
It had something to do with the magnets failing. The magnets responsible for keeping the particles into place couldn't cope with the forces involved and cracked.

As for the black holes, I doubt Nick Pope knows more about the LHC than the scientists working on the project and I doubt they would risk the lives of everyone on this planet but ... I could be wrong

[edit on 7-8-2007 by koenw]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Nick Pope....ahahahaha...he makes me laugh.

Sure, the blackhole theory is possible. The scientists involved even admit that, although the statistics mentioned in an NPR story I heard on it were pretty astronaumical.

You know, every new major technology has an unintended potential drawback. I recall hearing a story about how the scientists involved in the A-bomb made bets with each other right before the first test as to whether the explosion would ignite the oxygen in the atmosphere and literally cause the entire planet's atmosphere to turn into an inferno....

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I heard that story too -- that the scientists in the Manhattan Project had no idea if they were just going to explode the bomb almost like any other, or if they'd burn us all.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathan_p
I heard that story too -- that the scientists in the Manhattan Project had no idea if they were just going to explode the bomb almost like any other, or if they'd burn us all.

And if we end up with all out war somewhere in the near future, those predictions would be correct. We may in the end all burn as a direct result, albeit years later, of that bomb that blew a hole in the western sky over 60 years ago.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
the end of the world we predicted for today, August 11, 2007 has been postponed. The new end of the world will take place on August 13, 2007. Please not that this date is not firm as there are many mitigating factors that might result in this date being pushed back to the 19, 20, 22, 29 or some time in any one of the next 12 months over the next trillion years.

The end of the world is, however, coming. It will come in the form of a global war. Or, it will come in the form of a scientific experiment gone awry. It might possibly come from outer space, in the form of an attack by alien forces or an asteroid. A comet might hit us. Mother nature might finally offer up the smack down she's been threatening us with for years. We might all follow the crazed rantings of an internet madman named Crakeur and, simultaneously, the earth's entire population will eat poprocks and wash it down with coca cola, offering up a globe wide explosion of every individual. monkeys might wise up and take the planet. Bird flu might get us all. A volcano might erupt, causing a butterfly to flap its wings, resulting in an increase of storms and the ensuing flooding will bring about mass erosions in rock formation causing these rocks to fall, bringing tsunamis to the east coast of the US resulting in a decrease in snow birds (older NY jews travelling to Boca for the winter) and this decrease in travel revenues will send the planet into an economic tailspin it will never recover from.

I saw all this in a dream. In this dream I was cross referencing numerology with calvin and hobbes and The Far Side. When I woke up I consulted with my plamist (no, pervs, not that) to confirm this.

In other words, these prophetic end of world scenarios will continue so long as we pay attention to them.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes
I recall hearing a story about how the scientists involved in the A-bomb made bets with each other right before the first test as to whether the explosion would ignite the oxygen in the atmosphere and literally cause the entire planet's atmosphere to turn into an inferno....

Hehe, I wonder how the winning scientists would have claimed their winnings if it HAD burnt all our oxygen

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Cdakeur, you do realize that I was simply offering a philosophical take on the comment about the "bomb" don't you? I have never been one to accept the ability of humans to predict the future.

Though my wife did tell me years ago that my wild and crazy days were over, and so far she has been right.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
So, what's Nick Pope's scientific background? Anything? Anything at all that would make this claim seem less ridiculous?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I don't know alot about black holes but I think that a black hole even a very small one couldn't be created by humans yet.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Originally posted by SamuraiDrifter

So, what's Nick Pope's scientific background? Anything? Anything at all that would make this claim seem less ridiculous?

Wow....

Anyway, Nick Pope
worked for the MoD.
Happy reading.

Lex

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I liked Dan Browns story of the colliders in Demons and Angels.

They created anti-matter and then threatened the annihalation of mankind.
Heres a little snippet

CERN is now regularly producing small quantities of antimatter in their research for future energy sources. Antimatter holds tremendous promise; it creates no pollution or radiation, and a single droplet could power New York City for a full day. With fossils fuels dwindling, the promise of harnessing antimatter could be an enormous leap for the future of this planet. Of course, mastering antimatter technology brings with it a chilling dilemma. Will this powerful new technology save the world, or will it be used to create the most deadly weapon ever made?

From here
www.danbrown.com...

top topics

join