It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few questions I have(towards Atheists)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by janasstar
ATTN Suicide Virus: Apparently you don't know as much about the Bible as you think you do.

I absolutely know more about the Bible than you do, and I also know more about the Bible than you think I do. Which again begs the question, have you ever actually read the Bible, or do you just get spoon fed bits and pieces of it by your local preacher?

You know, one of the quickest ways I know of to become an atheist is to sit down read the Bible, as well as the other important religious texts floating around. If you have any kind of reasoning power at all, it will show you that while religion might be useful for keeping the less intelligent among us from being bad, for the most part it's nothing much more than people making up stories in a generally unsuccessful attempt to lessen the fear of the unknown we face with our ultimate death.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus

ATTN Suicide Virus: Apparently you don't know as much about the Bible as you think you do.

I absolutely know more about the Bible than you do, and I also know more about the Bible than you think I do.

Whoa! Now there is the mark of an embicile.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   

If you have any kind of reasoning power at all, it will show you that while religion might be useful for keeping the less intelligent among us from being bad, for the most part it's nothing much more than people making up stories in a generally unsuccessful attempt to lessen the fear of the unknown we face with our ultimate death.

I back that statement 100%
Anyone who isn't a complete moron will know right from wrong....perhaps some are led astray by surrounding individuals(parents included) that preach violence, as that is all they themselves know. If someone only knows violence...in my opinion that makes them an idiot. Nuff said there.
Fear is our enemy people.....and religion attempts to make the "stupid" fear god and his wrath so they will do no evil. Maybe people should simply be taught basic "morality", and not care about what happens after life....why would they have to care? By having the basic knowlege of right and wrong, and doing only what is right....any religion will say they are destined for good places upon death.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by saintnuke

If you have any kind of reasoning power at all, it will show you that while religion might be useful for keeping the less intelligent among us from being bad, for the most part it's nothing much more than people making up stories in a generally unsuccessful attempt to lessen the fear of the unknown we face with our ultimate death.

Anyone who isn't a complete moron will know right from wrong....perhaps some are led astray by surrounding individuals(parents included) that preach violence, as that is all they themselves know. If someone only knows violence...in my opinion that makes them an idiot. Nuff said there.
Fear is our enemy people.....and religion attempts to make the "stupid" fear god and his wrath so they will do no evil. Maybe people should simply be taught basic "morality", and not care about what happens after life....why would they have to care? By having the basic knowlege of right and wrong, and doing only what is right....any religion will say they are destined for good places upon death.

Then Paul must have been a complete moron, because he said in Romans 14:14 that there was no right or wrong

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Well....then Paul must have had a thing for young boys...much like the catholic priests of today....as only someone that does wrong would say there is no right and wrong. Or maybe he was implying that the human race was just too stupid to know the difference....and that God knows just how stupid we are....and will forgive us for it.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
My point is if Atheists do not follow any religion, then why do they mostly pick on Christianity?

As an english speaking person, it is easy to read through 25% of oxfords study bible and attend a mass at couple types of christian churches and then call christianity a crock... and to infer from such that all religion is a crock.

but...

by the time you parse through the Bhagavad Gita, The Vedas, The Tao Te Ching, The Quran, The Buddist sutras and Yoga sutras; and then go back and study that other 75% of The Book...

You're no longer atheist; and if you're picking on anyone... it is yourself.

I am,

Sri Oracle; a former atheist.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

You know, one of the quickest ways I know of to become an atheist is to sit down read the Bible, as well as the other important religious texts floating around. If you have any kind of reasoning power at all, it will show you that while religion might be useful for keeping the less intelligent among us from being bad, for the most part it's nothing much more than people making up stories in a generally unsuccessful attempt to lessen the fear of the unknown we face with our ultimate death.

Oh fool. Stop identifying yourself with this lump of skin, flesh, fat, bones and filth.

What is unavoidable?

Death of the body

Who is immortal?

He who does not have to pass through another death.

Those deluded beings who are tied to the objects they experience by the strong cord of desire, so hard to break, remain subject to birth and death.

What is death?

Ignorance

-Shankara

Atman is Brahman

I am,

Sri Oracle

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Well....then Paul must have had a thing for young boys...much like the catholic priests of today....as only someone that does wrong would say there is no right and wrong. Or maybe he was implying that the human race was just too stupid to know the difference....and that God knows just how stupid we are....and will forgive us for it.

Or maybe he was just saying that right and wrong are concepts made up by the mind of humans. On second thought, that's exactly what hes saying...

Romans 14:14
"I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean."

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   

We do we have a lot of Atheists who try to bring Christianity down?
I mean there are many other religions you can try to make a point
out of. Why must it always be the bible this, or God that?

One
two
three

My point is if Atheists do not follow any religion, then why do they mostly pick on Christianity? I mean there is many other religions out there. Every thread you make concerning Christianity, ends up with prove God exists, and we ask prove how the universe was created. It is the same pattern over and over again. How come you barely make mention why the Koran is this or Buddhism is that. I am getting tired of answering the same questions over and over again.

Do not get me wrong I enjoy arguing, but it gets very annoying when people
come at us with the same questions and accusations. I do understand there is almost the same thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
However I am not looking for an argument, I am looking for an answer
from all the Atheists out there.
What do you guys think of this? Why do you not write anything about
the Koran, Torah's or any other holy book?

[edit on 7-8-2007 by Equinox99]

Because we are blessed due to being reviled. And all others will speak all manner of evil against us falsely, for Christ' sake. It's a part of The Father's Plan; Daddy knows best. Those who endure with Christ "shall be saved". Let us not be weary in doing good.

In Short, because Jesus told us it would happen; He knows; He's The Alpha and The Omega - The Almighty.

So,............
Matt 5:12
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. KJV

From Glory to glory,
Connie

[edit on 8/11/2007 by Jesus-Is-Real]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

This is just too good.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Then Paul must have been a complete moron, because he said in Romans 14:14 that there was no right or wrong

Just so you know; God's Holy Spirit through Paul is referring to 'animals' as being food to eat.

Context, context, context. Try reading about 10 verse before and after a verse. I know it really helps me when God's Spirit is teaching me about the things of God in the Bible.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   

This is just too good.

I love that kitten. Did you take that picture.

Sorry off topic, but just for a moment!

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   

How come you barely make mention why the Koran is this or Buddhism is that. I am getting tired of answering the same questions over and over again.

Why do you not write anything about
the Koran, Torah's or any other holy book?

Equinox99,

Just step back and see the bigger picture her. And remember we don't wreste against flesh and blood but against demonic forces; they are the enemy, not people. Ever.

So, again, I am no atheist but am Born from Above by the Will of God, but God is allowing the Great Whore of Babylon to fill her cup so that once it's full He can pour out His Wrath on her; double.

Rev 18:2-8

2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double acco
rding to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her. KJV
'

The Whore of Babylon is also really kicking against God Himself not only us Christian's. And in His Wisdom, we can say that it's all a part of God's Plan.

Rejoice and be Glad,
Connie

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   

We do we have a lot of Atheists who try to bring Christianity down?

But what that person is also usually saying is, "I'm not only different than you, I'm better than you, because I know the truth and you don't." And that really chaps my hide.

SuicideVirus,,

If someone has said that to you, 'quote them' and then take it up with them. Or report them here. But if a statement here is just being read between the lines (per se) then what could be read into it is not what the person is writing, but the one who is reading between the lines is mistaken. Good communications is just good common sense.

So, quote what they say and take it for exactly what they have said, rather than believing they are saying something else. It's the demon who are of rejection not Christ. Or He wouldn't have died for you and me while we were yet sinning. We all are dearly "Loved" in Christ not rejected.

Rejected is of the Canaanite Nations, they are not of God the Father nor His Christ, nor His Children. Rejection is of the devil and his children.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   

You can't blame a whole religion because of some peoples mistakes.

eQUIONX99,

It's not due to (our) Christian's mistakes they others come against us (and we make a whole lot of them but the God's Spirit leads us to put those deeds of the flesh to death, if we are led by Him as being son's) it's not for our mistakes that causes us to be reviled, look at the bigger picture.

Let's browden the picture a bit more now.

It's the demonic through men who are wrestling against us because we are of Christ.

Jesus warns us Disciples further:
Offenses will come, Jesus told His Disciples before hand so that when the reviling and the speaking evil against us falsely comes for Christ' sake we will know at that time that Christ has already told us these things.

So again, rejoice and be exceedingly GLAD!!!

P.S. Do you know what neat about being a Christian? We can rest from our labours laying what we don't understand at the feet of Jesus, until He does answer us by His Word. Consider searching the answers in God's Word - it's all in there rather than seeking answers from others.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
to answer the OP:

i am exposed to xians daily. therefore i rage against them. it doesnt mean xian is any worse than all the other BS religions, its just the one i have to deal with on a daily basis.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by I am Legend
to answer the OP:

i am exposed to xians daily. therefore i rage against them. it doesnt mean xian is any worse than all the other BS religions, its just the one i have to deal with on a daily basis.

Why do you call religions BS? Honestly it is not right to come out and call
things we believe in BS. I would not say that about your beliefs and you
should not say it about mine. I see a lot of hate from some atheists,
I say if something makes me happy I will do it regardless of what people
think.
You do not like religion? Fine with me but please do not try to bring it down
because it has helped me in the past, it helped me through hard times.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
thats fine by me. believe in whatever you want. doesnt make it right or true though. so many and evry one who believes in any one of em thinks they are right. kinda pathetic ina way. to each his own though, eh.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I have noticed that although the Christians are getting the rap for being the bad guys, they have done none of the mud slinging here.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I have noticed that although the Christians are getting the rap for being the bad guys, they have done none of the mud slinging here.

you've only been on ATS for a few days, just look through the forum's history and you'll see that the atheist population is very downtrodden by insults and flames.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join