It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few questions I have(towards Atheists)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jesus-Is-Real
The True God, rose from the Dead seen by over 500 men afterward.

500 people saw it... none of them wrote anything about it.

That is never happened in Histroy, a man raising himself from the Dead.

it never happened before, and it's still yet to happen in reality. not a single person, not even the claim you make, has come back from the dead. there are mythological claims by the boatload (that's where your claim fits in), but no historical events where anyone rose from the dead.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jesus-Is-Real
Back to Scripture you speak of, and what being The Truth......
More than 500 people seen Jesus after His Death, after His Resurrection. Their voices (per se) still rings out. We encompassed with a Great Cloud of Witnesses.

I speak of ALL scripture, not just Christian scripture. Nor do I deny the validity of others' beliefs. I cannot say my contact with Spirit is "right" for you - you have your own contact. What I object to is being told my contact is "wrong" and that the speaker is "right."

For I am "right" for myself, seeking no longer in my place of peace. If you are seeking no longer, you are "right" for yourself.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
If I may we are all created basically equal at birth but after that equality becomes a utopian vision. being better than somone else for various reasons, why bother to debate. the issues a person has and how they feel is in the eyes of the beholder so to speak. be comfortable with who you are and none of that other stuff matters.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
"Have you heard the word of God?"

In this day an age when I am asked this question ( which averages about once a Month or so ) I stand, mouth agape and have to ask "which God?" Not Once has the reply been, the word of Allah, or Buddha or the God of David, or the Earth Mother..

It's always "Christ, our savior!" I have to take Umbrage at this question as Posed because it's absurd to ask anyone over the age of 14 in the moderne world if they have heard the "word".

I feel that I am being condescended to from the start, Obviously the questioner Deems me an imbecile for having to ask such a question to start with.
So, if you think me an imbecile without taking the time to know me, then yes I will resent and attack you and your "holier then thou" attitude.

I think man is the image he makes for himself, what ever that image maybe, Morals are the accepted common beliefs as life should be lived in your Community. ( Morals change with time, there are not static "morals" code )

the New testaments are a series of stores on how to live morally but when the book was written and the time frame it was written about Morals were quite different, the male Owned the female back them, and it was Moral to so, not so today. So does that mean the Word of God is wrong? or is it that the word of God has to change? If the word of God changes doesn't that change the message?

this is the problem with most if not all religious teachings and texts, they are so far out of touch with reality that it is too easy to tear them apart with good reasoned thought.

I don't attack Christians, I attack flawed reasoning as much as I can.......

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Christianity is just a way to control the population.

What things allow people to be easily controlled?

Faith
Fear
War

And what has happened in christians history?

All of the above!

Just look at this thread for proof that christianity is BS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
One reason I take more interest in Christianity, is because that is the one that people tryed to indoctrinate me in, at school we were forced to take part in religious assemblies, and the Christian groups were given free access to the school to try and recruit people. I therefore have a lot more interest in that group, also many of the people i meet who are religious are Christian, so they usually tell me about it. All the people who come door to door to try and convert me are Christian. I've also read the bible a few times myself. So all in all this adds up to me knowing more about Christianity than any other religion, so I feel more qualified to comment on it.

I'm not sure I would count myself as a full atheist, I don't believe in any god, but I cannot prove there isn't one.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by bobafett]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Be careful when you say they tried to indoctorinate you in something. As all christianity is not the same. Although it should be only about Christ and being or striving to be more like him.

Originally posted by bobafett
One reason I take more interest in Christianity, is because that is the one that people tryed to indoctrinate me in, at school we were forced to take part in religious assemblies, and the Christian groups were given free access to the school to try and recruit people. I therefore have a lot more interest in that group, also many of the people i meet who are religious are Christian, so they usually tell me about it. All the people who come door to door to try and convert me are Christian. I've also read the bible a few times myself. So all in all this adds up to me knowing more about Christianity than any other religion, so I feel more qualified to comment on it.

I'm not sure I would count myself as a full atheist, I don't believe in any god, but I cannot prove there isn't one.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by bobafett]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I was going to reply, but SuicideVirus pretty much covered it for me.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If you used to live in an islamic country you would not attack christianity.

I came from Indonesia, my family worship Buddhism, most Americans will not understand oppression so they are oblivious about what's good and what's truly evil. So they pick on the good guys, kinda like how children rebel against their parents even when the parents tries to do what's best for them.

Some Americans are just so ignorant and gullible, go live in Indonesia for 10 years and you will have new appreciation for a religion like christianity.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I know, I just read the first page...but...

I agree with Christianity being convinient and local. I dont attack religions, but I will add this. Never once has a Musslim, Hebrew, or American Indian nocked on my door, distracted me in the driveway, or out of nowhere asked if I needed to be saved.

I also dont remember in history class ever learning about the hoardes of jews who boated across the Atlantic just to threaten the locals to stop eating pork or die by the sword. Or the Indians who killed Colonists, because they didnt do an eagle dance.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by chickeneater
If you used to live in an islamic country you would not attack christianity.

yes i would... especially since western christianity is getting more and more similar to fundamentalist islam every day.

Some Americans are just so ignorant and gullible, go live in Indonesia for 10 years and you will have new appreciation for a religion like christianity.

um... all religion is bad. i have a problem with islam, hinduism, shintoism, new age religions, christianity and all other religions.

i only attack chrsitianity on this forum because it is the majority religion... were islam the majority religion i'd bring up points about it

i have no appreciation for a religion that is currently in the process of attempting to block a vaccination that could eradicate the majority of cervical cancer in the USA

now, your ad hom attacks against americans aren't much appreciated (especially as i'm a maltese citizen)

you're saying christianity is the good guy here... it's actually just an evil that isn't practiced as fully as it could be.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati

this is the problem with most if not all religious teachings and texts, they are so far out of touch with reality that it is too easy to tear them apart with good reasoned thought.

Strange.........I have found the Bible to be the solution to the problems that plague the world. Further........good reasoned thought only proves the accuracy of the Bible. Maybe you need to do a re-examintion of the facts.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
Strange.........I have found the Bible to be the solution to the problems that plague the world.

except horrible atrocities, misogyny, bigotry, and a whole host of other problems that plague the world

Further........good reasoned thought only proves the accuracy of the Bible. Maybe you need to do a re-examintion of the facts.

hell, maybe you need to actually look at the situation and then show us exactly how you got to your conclusions.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

Originally posted by thedigirati

Strange.........I have found the Bible to be the solution to the problems that plague the world. Further........good reasoned thought only proves the accuracy of the Bible. Maybe you need to do a re-examintion of the facts.

Can you give us an example of how the Bible has been responsible for solving any one of mankind's' problems these past couple hundred of years?

Modern science cured erectile dysfunction, beat that.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The reasons atheists "pick" on Christianity is because it has been the source of great suffering for humanity. There are also many glaring contradictions in the religion. In revelations, it says that only 144000 will be saved, so even believing in Jesus is futile.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 420prajna

That 144,000 is talking about the tribes of Israel during the tribulation, I believe. Why don't you read all of it?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Your totally right. I believe that atheist do not really take a step back and look at these other religions. It is my opinion that they believe christianity is weird or absurd. Just as christians think that athiest are wierd for not believing. Everyone is entitled to thier own beliefs. So we should just leave eachother alone and not attack any one specific culture.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
actually, there are very few people who have tried more than one religion before deciding upon which is the right one for them...what if everybody had to spend at least 4 years of their spiritual lives earnestly trying at least 5 different religions before they earned the right to claim any one of them or just reject all of them?

Like having to pass a test to get a license to try to convert any one else...

you know, there are none more zealous than the newly converted and most of them have no clue what they're talking about.

just a thought.

Funny how most people are born into a certain religion and go through life thinking of that religion as the only truth.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Al Davison

yea. i'm pretty sure my investigation into multiple religions helped me settle on atheism.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I don't know, Christ changed my life, so... well, so be it. He has helped so many human beings. It's just man who can't straighten himself out.

Yea, yea people are relatively good, but damn.. there are some evil people out there. You can't blame a man for something if he wasn't at the scene. God maintains a presence here, but his total being is not here. Don't blame him, blame the man who would not yield, the man who would not give.

Like knowing the end to a book. The meat of the book is filled with terror, hate, destruction, etc. The end.. "And all was well". You don't worry about anything. That's how I feel as a christian, Man actually has it made. If he would only allocate his time and resources correctly, all would be well.

This will never happen because of our egos.

Later

[edit on 29-9-2007 by depth om]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join