It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]clear video of 3 flying objects in Domican Republic[HOAX]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I dont think you appreciate how hard it would be to convincingly 'erase the drunken tourist' from the video, again with movie studio expertise.
So unless you do, STOP throwing out wild random theorys that you know zero about too...

Originally posted by SuicideVirus

Originally posted by Project_Silo
Dude give it up.The damm video is real..........That does not mean its aliens,negative it means some guys made some cool looking stuff...Nothing in this video suggests it is fake,but it is certainly not a alien invasion.

All I'm saying is that I've looked for similar parasailing rigs and none of them have exactly the same set up. Now, logically, that would either indicate that this particular resort/beach has parasails that nobody else on Earth has (doubtful), or that maybe somebody took some interesting parasail video and maybe erased the drunken tourist hanging from the rig, added lights, or something else.

But rather than just tell me I'm wrong, why don't you offer some actual input as to why you think I'm proven wrong? Present something that we can all evaluate. That's how debate is conducted. "Dude give it up" is not a very convincing argument. And unless you can come up with something better, then we're going to have to assume that it's something mundane but unrecognized, because we have no reason to jump to the conclusion that it's something extraordinary.

Okay, now try it again.

[edit on 8-8-2007 by wildone106]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrangell76
Found another image on that 4th flying object...but darnit I don't know how to post the image....The image is at the 00:09 on the timer...Looks like set of white lights...in the middle of the video. This is the same one that I saw between the trees at the end of the video....Weird!

Yeah, its been pointed out already (page 2, post 5), you may want to read through all of the thread so as to better inform yourself of the course of discussion.

I am going to do a couple of enhancements on the lights you are talking about. A moment...

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Just a mod reminder to keep this thread civil.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
That is fake through and through, most people can tell CG when they see it and i'm telling anyone who buys this that it's CGI.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I don't think these are cgi. The first object seen in the video looks very much like a kite. The second one, looks very much like a paper lantern connected with other lanterns. Given that the video shows it being very windy, I would have to say the either the person made the lanterns to fly like a kite, or the wind had blown it away.

Given that the first one looks like a kite, I'm going with the former. It could just be a kite flying competition.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Here we are- Unsharp mask, Solarize, Glow.

Here is the original with only Unsharp mask-

Unsharp mask, Emboss

Unsharp mask, Find edges

Just so everyone can get a better look at the objects at seconds :10-:11.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildone106
I dont think you appreciate how hard it would be to convincingly 'erase the drunken tourist' from the video, again with movie studio expertise.
So unless you do, STOP throwing out wild random theorys that you know zero about too...

Do you? Then tell me how difficult it would be. Show me some examples. With a clip this short, somebody with Adobe ImageReady and a few spare evenings could bust the thing up into an animated gif and get out the little eraser tool and go to work. This isn't "Spider-Man 3." It's a tiny little low-quality video. Would it really be that hard?

All I'm asking for you is to back up your statements with some examples, not just snipes. Unless that's all you got.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
For what is worth, I have gone to some D.R. chat rooms and ask around about the video, or if they had heard of the video that is being floating around and no one gave me a positive response. They have not heard any report about such a thing happening in their country. At the same time no one has id for me what it is, I will keep looking.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE

In the third clip there is no stabilizer coming from the top, and I swear I can hear what sounds like a jet intake as it passes by (turn up your speakers)

Here are a couple small enhancements I did on the object in the last clip:

1) Unsharp mask, median-

2) Unsharp mask, solarize, invert red-

That one is a mystery. If you watch its movement you will see it swings like it is suspended as well. I'm wondering if it could be one of these Rotor Spinners with some lights attached? One possibility I guess.

Due to the back-lighting, I was able to pull out the colors and I ran it through a Forensics Filter to help eliminate the motion blur. Quite colorful whatever it is. The yellow border is from the back lighting of the sun. No colors were altered. What you see is what is in the image. Compare to the Spinner in the link.

The two small white lights look like a small plane to me and I'll bet it is just a coincidence it crosses the cameras view. Probably unrelated.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You dont back up any of YOUR statements at ALL! You threw it out there with absolutely no knowledge about it either.

First I guess you meant to say "Photoshop" as ImageReady is for optimising images for the WWW, but to move on..

If you are going to bust the thing up into a .gif file which is limited to 256 colors or lower, would right there look even worse than the video file we're looking at.
Next to try and 'paint out' each frame with the same background color would be virtually impossible not to leave any tell-tale smudging or pixelation marks on each frame..as you cannot match the color varations manually of colors & hues. No human even billy bob the hoaxer could effectively paint this to look realistic without some serious computer software help, which is a bit beyond photoshop here..

Next if you think its so easy, follow the tutorial

www.digilab.uni-hannover.de...

Do you? Then tell me how difficult it would be. Show me some examples. With a clip this short, somebody with Adobe ImageReady and a few spare evenings could bust the thing up into an animated gif and get out the little eraser tool and go to work. This isn't "Spider-Man 3." It's a tiny little low-quality video. Would it really be that hard?

All I'm asking for you is to back up your statements with some examples, not just snipes. Unless that's all you got.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Compare to the Spinner in the link.

The two small white lights look like a small plane to me and I'll bet it is just a coincidence it crosses the cameras view. Probably unrelated.

Hehe that spinner is pretty flimsy looking, If this thing is a spinner it's the mother of all spinners! It looks very solid to me, and whats really interesting is the many spiked protrusions radiating out from center (dare I say reminiscent of Isaac's anti-grav generator).

I have enhanced another frame, trying to bring out the spikes a bit-

Unsharp Mask

Unsharp Mask, Solarize, Minor glow, Posterize

As for the two lights, it could be a small plane, but the sun is pretty bright still in the video and these objects appear very distinctly. I think it would appear as a whole object in that light because you would still be able to see the fuselage (as opposed to night time). I don't see any flashing that would indicate wingtip strobes either, but the clip is really too short and low quality to make any definitive conclusions.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE
the clip is really too short and low quality to make any definitive conclusions.

That is the whole truth of the matter isn't it?

This video has not been altered. It appears to be short burst of frames, maybe from a still camera in video mode. The quality stinks. I think the little light patches are where light is leaking through the object. Without a better photo its not going to be productive to try and figure it out. My gut tells me this is someones vacation footage of something very normal and they are having a laugh about it. I don't think we are ever going to get the Image Sequence in our hands so there really is not much more to do with this.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Move along folks, nothing to see here

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
looks nice, well done ... along with this ones (same style, short clips) of this user from france:

www.youtube.com/user/grosdada6

well, he's an artist (CGI), and the round ufo I've seen before in a fake one, i mean a look-a-like one:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
the third one looks to me some what real...so close are any radiation burns ?

trees or some evidence left behind ??

[edit on 9-8-2007 by slaveearth]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosimus
looks nice, well done ... along with this ones (same style, short clips) of this user from france:
www.youtube.com/user/grosdada6

They look very similar to the one we are discussing. Of course, somebody could argue that the details are different, or that the other fake videos created by this guy are somehow all real. Or that some of the ships are fake, but some are also real. Or that it would somehow be "impossible" to create fake videos like these.

But that would be a bit foolish.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I believe that IF this is CGI[it's some pretty awesome CGI if it is]

then it COULD be something that leaked from J.J.Abram's new film[Cloverfield, or 1-18-08]

After all, that WHOLE movie is supposed to be shot with different on-lookers home videos[camera/phone/etc.]

Possible?

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
So, look that !
Same day, same area I presume, but a complete differen video, notice the changes in the surrounding elements (trees and so), but it seems the same kind of spaceships in the same videos.

I'm lookig for news!

[edit on 9-8-2007 by tiagoratto]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiagoratto
So, look that !
Same day, same area I presume, but a complete differen video, notice the changes in the surrounding elements (trees and so), but it seems the same kind of spaceships in the same videos.

What the??? That is freaky stuff! I don't know everybody... looks real to me?!
I am no expert though...

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
wow look at this one too. Whats up with the island spottings? are aliens coming for vacation?
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join