It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rhino party escapes extinction to run in September byelection(Satan to sue The Queen in Canada)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Rhino party escapes extinction to run in September byelection(Satan to sue The Queen in Canada)

www.cbc.ca

The Rhinoceros party is heading back into the political jungle by launching a $50-million lawsuit and making plans to run in its first Canadian election race in 17 years.

The party's president, Brian (Godzilla) Salmi, said Tuesday he will run as a Rhino in the Sept. 17 federal byelection in Montreal's Outremont riding.

Salmi, who has legally changed his name to Satan, is running on the promise to rename the country Nantucket if he's elected.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ww w.theglobeandmail.com

[edit on 7-8-2007 by GAOTU789]

[edit on 7-8-2007 by GAOTU789]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Seriously!!! The guy changed his name legally to Satan. Where's a little history of the Rhino party from the article

The Rhino party formed in 1963 with a promise to keep none of its promises. The satirical party picked the rhinoceros as its mascot, claiming that rhinoceros, like politicians, are thick-skinned, slow moving and dim-witted.

The party last ran in a full federal election in 1988, fielding 74 candidates. None were elected.

I laughed so hard this afternoon from this, I had to post it. This guy is quite serious about not being serious.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Finally a Canadian politician I can relate to.

Brings back memories of Screaming Lord Such and the monster raving loony party in the UK.

" I have come to change the government, not to praise it."
"There is nothing more monstrous than politicians". Screaming Lord Sutch
"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you "

www.omrlp.com...

MonKey

join