It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steel firm owner jailed, llegal aliens had bogus SS numbers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The owner of Tarrasco Steel, a company that supplied workers on the Biloxi Bay Bridge, was arrested and charged with hiring illegal immigrants on projects in three states. Some had improper welding certification.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents arrested Jose S. Gonzalez, 32, at his office in Greenville Thursday, according to a news release. Tarrasco Steel was hired as a subcontractor for rebar installation services to major bridge projects in Mississippi, Louisiana and Tennessee. The federal government considers those bridges as critical infrastructure, and they were part of routine inspections of facilities that if damaged could pose a threat to national security and public safety.

www.sunherald.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I have mixed emotions when I read something like this, I'm glad that we are enforcing the laws but saddend at the thought the this guy probably worked really hard to get that company where it is, and I bet a lot of hard working people with families lost jobs. The double edged sword strikes again.

join