It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Proof of Ancient Inteligent Civilization?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Darwin's Theory that life can only evolve enough to survive in competition with other life or survive the changes in its enviroment is greatly upset in the case of man. 'Survival of the fittest'.
A living organ, such as a lung, digestive system or an eye, should reach perfection for only the given purpose in a given enviroment.

We know we used to live a simple life were we lived liked animals. And the simple food gathering way of life should not have required much brain power, no more than an ape.

So why was our brain developed far in advance of our needs? Smart enough for Space Travel.

Well if Darwin's theory is correct, which I think we all can agree to the most part it is, then our brain evolved thousands of years ago to our needs.

Our brains evolved thousands maybe millions of years ago and our inteligence is proof.

This theory could also suggest ET involvement.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by earth2]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Great post, thank you!

Why are we still disputing that there was ancient knowledge or that we need proof? The fact that the pyramids exist, and many more sites that use technology principles only rediscovered in the last 100 years, already proves it. Now we just need to believe it and move to.......the Next step ;-)

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
We know we used to live a simple life were we lived liked animals. And the simple food gathering way of life should not have required much brain power, no more than an ape.

Well if Darwin's theory is correct, which I think we all can agree to the most part it is, then our brain evolved thousands of years ago to our needs.

Could be true. Someone/something had cloned us with its' genetics and made itself god hiding in the clouds.

And Christian think it is a god.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I think that you hit the nail on the head, if we were just supposed to eat , sleep, and procreate then why would we have urges that far surpass those primal instincts. Think about it ,we have only recently done things we have dreamed of for ages. Imagine what a total use of the brain will have us longing for in the future. We might have the "urge" to time travel, or explore the sun, or whatever! we dream now, but those dreams have a latent purpose...to realize those dreams when we feel capable. Good point.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
To me it just doesnt make sense why we were walking around with a brain capable of building a rocketship 6000 years ago.

How did our brain advance so far ahead without the need?

Unless we had already evolved our brain thousands or millions of years earlier. Or we were injected onto this planet from another enviroment that needed our advanced brain.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Maybe we are part of a terraforming process. Aliens build the planets up from the ground up, inject humans into the picture, and eventually move us onto the next. Maybe they do this so as to have residual energy from our countless generations on the planet already. Maybe they like co-existing with us and need us to start things off for them. Maybe this is how WE conquer the galaxy, or how we used to conquer the galaxy , but now are a minority on the scene...

sorry mind fart. Thats enough I know, I'll stop now while I'm not so behind.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
What if we are a hybird species and the part that makes us build super computers, and rocket ships is the extraterestrial part we were mixed with? The part of us that creates god, and spirituality is the human side? Just a thought..

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think the brain argument is a good angle particularly if you consider what is locked inside, ie the parts we don't or can't use.
Sometimes we get a glimpse of the potential from very exceptional people such as Daniel Tammet amd Kim (The Rainman) Peek.
Imagine what other capabilities are hidden or locked away, and all we need is the key.
Actually that's reminded me to do some digging on whether there is any research being done to find a key.

Oh.. a video link on the two savants mentioned.

Ok can't seem embed the video but here is the link:

video.google.com...

[edit on 7-8-2007 by sherpa]

[edit on 7-8-2007 by sherpa]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I came across this ideology "Anything that is possible to be known and learned and understood; including mathematics, engineering and computer technology; is possible for us humans now, before and later." Think about it, all our technology we have now, past humans could have understood, theorized and used. Then you can think, any knowledge in the future could be conceived and understood by us now. I agree that we have the break the shackles of our imagined limitations and move on.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2We know we used to live a simple life were we lived liked animals. And the simple food gathering way of life should not have required much brain power, no more than an ape.

You're way underestimating the amount of thinking and reasoning that apes can do. They're second only in intelligence to humans and can learn to do all sorts of things... including how to pick locks to let themselves out of cages! In the wild, they use tools... and there's the big difference.

So why was our brain developed far in advance of our needs? Smart enough for Space Travel.

I believe you've got it backwards -- we can travel to space because our brain was larger.

You've also underestimated the impact that our hands have on intelligence and changes in the brain. No other animal has hands like ours -- they have similar hands, but these hands can't work a screwdriver like ours can and they can't do tiny and accurate movements (like repair eyeglasses.) When humans began to use tools, we saw more changes occurring in the species.

You've got Darwin's theory a bit backwards... the organism survives that best adapts to the environment. Intelligence is a very strong force for adaptation and survival. It's the more intelligent members of a species that usually survive.

Our brains evolved thousands maybe millions of years ago and our inteligence is proof.

Uhmmm... life's been around for billions of years and the pattern for brains has been evolving for about 4 billion years. The dinosaur brains had much the same parts (but kind of "strung out" as your brain has... and many areas weren't very thick.)

Hominids emerged from something that was apelike and had a big brain for its size (Proconsol) about 5 million years ago. As we moved into becoming tool and fire users, brains changed (and bodies became more adapted to walking on 2 feet instead of all fours.) Modern brain-sizes start occurring about 60,000 years ago.

How so?

I would think that if an outside force was involved, we'd see a rapid development... as we've seen with dog breeds. 600 years ago there were no poodles or pugs or doberman pinscers or german shepherds... those breeds have all been created in the last 500 or 400 years. It didn't take 4 million years for a rottweiler to evolve from the Basic Dog.

So the long time period shows that natural selection was in progress and not some outside force.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2

When we first came down from the tree's, we needed to learn to hunt and gather food in a totally different enviroment than we had been used to. Our brains needed to evolve.
When there was a shortage of game we needed to discover new means of capturing food, ie traps. Our brains needed to evolve.
We discovered fire and were able to cook our food, store it for longer and keep warmer in different climates.
We found that there was more security in social groups and structure. Our brains evolved.
We discovered that tools could make life easier, killing food, making clothes, building shelter so that we could move across the plains and build settlements where the resources were best, when the resources ran out we could pick up and build again. This bought us into conflict with other groups looking for resources so we needed weapons and tactics to defeat them. Our brains needed to evolve.

I would like to believe that there may have been extra terrestrial involvement in our evolution but i dont see any reason why we could not have evolved ourselves under these circumstances.

news.yahoo.com

Some scientists for decades have advanced the hypothesis that millions of years ago, human ancestors began walking upright because it used less energy than quadrupedal walking, gaining advantages in things like food foraging.

Each time we came into contact with a different enviroment or situation we needed to discover ways of combating or enlisting the enviroment or situation to our advantage.
Bipedalism and our movement from the forests into the plains and savannahs meant that we were encountering new things constantly as we migrated around the globe.
This constant stimulation from new sources is, imo, the reason why our brains continued to evolve and once it reached a certain stage it took on a life of its own as we made more and more discovery's.

Just my thoughts, nice post though earth2.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

I would think that if an outside force was involved, we'd see a rapid development... as we've seen with dog breeds. 600 years ago there were no poodles or pugs or doberman pinscers or german shepherds... those breeds have all been created in the last 500 or 400 years. It didn't take 4 million years for a rottweiler to evolve from the Basic Dog.

So the long time period shows that natural selection was in progress and not some outside force.

Hi Byrd,

I am bit confused here.
Perhaps 600 years is rapid for dogs, but not human. Say 6,000 years for started from Egypt should be considered rapid. I mean, 6,000 years of sudden high I.Q human compared to hundred thousand years old pre-history human.

And 600 years rapid development on dogs doesn't show significant brain or I.Q. development, dogs still can not drive a car yet.

I would say 6,000 years of human development from carving stones to sending car to Mars is really really RAPID.

Some dirty hand must have involved. Or else we won't be arguing the flood dude.

A stupid calculation:

Assume I am prehistoric man who go hunting when hungry. I live 50 productive years and so do my son and grandson. Each of my son learn one new thing and discover one new Science.
It takes 120 generations to reach 6,000 years.
Do you think 120 raw scientists could shoot a car to Mars?

[edit on 8-8-2007 by Cibai]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Sorry, double posted.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by Cibai]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Personally, i am of the opinion that we did not not originate here. Not in the way we assume. I believe we migrated here from somewhere else, and "fell" so to speak.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Never underestimate the power of developing intricate written and oral communication which allows us to quickly become familiarised with all recorded previous developments and then spend our energies on improving them. Without communication we'd all be doomed to starting from scratch in every generation.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cibai

I would say 6,000 years of human development from carving stones to sending car to Mars is really really RAPID.

For 5,900 of those years we were using horse and carts, and writing messages on stone or paper. In the last 100 we went from horse and cart to landing on the Moon, from stone and paper to sending messages invisibly through the air ...

If there was any extraterrestrial involvement that it must have been in the past 100 years .......

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
You're way underestimating the amount of thinking and reasoning that apes can do. They're second only in intelligence to humans and can learn to do all sorts of things... including how to pick locks to let themselves out of cages! In the wild, they use tools... and there's the big difference.

Im not trying to downplay an apes intelligence but we had the brainpower to build computers and spacetravel 60,000 years ago, big difference.
How did our brain evolve to that level of inteligence without the influence of a computer age environment?

I believe you've got it backwards -- we can travel to space because our brain was larger.
You've also underestimated the impact that our hands have on intelligence and changes in the brain. No other animal has hands like ours -- they have similar hands, but these hands can't work a screwdriver like ours can and they can't do tiny and accurate movements (like repair eyeglasses.) When humans began to use tools, we saw more changes occurring in the species.

Why would we have needed hands capable of repairing tiny screws like eyeglasses? We were carving flints and making spears. We were foodgatherers that doesnt take any more brain power than an ape so why was our brain larger. To me it seems it would take millions of years to evolve to that level which would mean 60,000 years ago we had the capability of space travel. Doesnt it seem weird that we progressed this far in a couple hundred years. Is evololution that fast?

Uhmmm... life's been around for billions of years and the pattern for brains has been evolving for about 4 billion years. The dinosaur brains had much the same parts (but kind of "strung out" as your brain has... and many areas weren't very thick.)
Hominids emerged from something that was apelike and had a big brain for its size (Proconsol) about 5 million years ago. As we moved into becoming tool and fire users, brains changed (and bodies became more adapted to walking on 2 feet instead of all fours.) Modern brain-sizes start occurring about 60,000 years ago.

4 billion years, wow. Thats a long time when you stop and think about it.
But still it makes no sense that after 4 billion years our modern brains size occurs in just the last 60,000 years. Thats only a short time compared to 4 billion years. That just makes me wonder what was the environmental influence that made our brains capable of building a computer in the last 60,000 years or so. Remember all we were supposed to be doing was building fires and finding food.

Yea I agree my brain is a little strung out, but I think I like it

earth2 : "This theory could also suggest ET involvement."

Byrd : How so?

Yeah but they still had the same dog brains and they were still dogs.
I think that is a bad example because of the wide variety of dogs and size, color and multiple possibilities. I dont think humans have that range of breeding possibilites. Even still the dogs didnt get any smarter.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

For 5,900 of those years we were using horse and carts, and writing messages on stone or paper. In the last 100 we went from horse and cart to landing on the Moon, from stone and paper to sending messages invisibly through the air ...

If there was any extraterrestrial involvement that it must have been in the past 100 years .......

Aha this makes sense.

That could also bring Roswell theory to truth. It was in 1950s something, and 10 years later human shot rocket to moon, and now to Mars.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cibai
Aha this makes sense.

That could also bring Roswell theory to truth. It was in 1950s something, and 10 years later human shot rocket to moon, and now to Mars.

Except that the very first space capable vehicle was brought into play before Roswell, during WW2 (the V2 bomber).

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
Personally, i am of the opinion that we did not not originate here. Not in the way we assume. I believe we migrated here from somewhere else, and "fell" so to speak.

I share your view.......Kind of!!!
I'm just not sure if we "fell", but storys such as Atlantis or even better the Mahabharata would indicate so. In fact what about the bible and the garden of Eden.
An other thing aswell, if these stories are true where does this place the ancient sumerians?? because they had 1st hand contact with EBE's 8000 years ago

top topics

<<   2 >>

join