It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAP code Names?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Can anyone post a link where I can see what code names they use to track an aircraft like for example> TRICK-1 TRACKING CESSNA AT 23 AT 5000...SOmrhing like that,

I need to know what these mean please.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
You are looking at someone tracking a Cessna aircraft at 5000 feet.

Code names are that. Code names. With just this info, you don't really have much.

Now if a guy had a general coverage radio and a little knowledge in digital radio and had access to programs like SELCAL, ACARS, or PC-ALE; he could have all kinds of fun.

With knowledge of the frequency used, you can even figure out which agency or even who is on the radio.

www.radioreference.com... may be of interest also about aviation call signs.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Ok, here are some links of the CAP recordings.

Just go to Freq of Nature Milcom and click on this here below:

Air CAP (Combat Air Patrol) for President Bush visit to Los Angeles

And...this

Air CAP (Combat Air Patrol)

I need to know what the terms mean. Can you tell me what they are?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
When listening to audio recording.

Bigfoot is NORAD command. Trick calls are f-16 interceptors. Also Trick ?? refueled at some point and was 7000 heavy. Even heard "tanker 33" calling for verification sign, this was the call sign (common sign) used for refueling tanker.

Tankers fly in big rectangular formation which means they fly 30-50 miles then turn few miles then head back from where they started 30 - 50 miles again and turn...you get the idea. The planes refueling hook up on these long sides of rectangular shape. You can hear a mention from Trick 12 saying he would hookup on return leg.

Fairly decent quality mp3 from scanner with a whole lot of editing done. I have listened to military freqs on HF side and hear many EAM's (Emergency Action Messages) from Offut and Andrews AFB. Also traffic coming in from Pacific and Atlantic both commercial and military is heard at times.

You know these interceptors are armed and will shoot down anyone close to the protected target? You will hear them mentioning bumping the nose of various craft to get their attention. These guys aren't playing....

top topics

join