It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For AlexJones and All still interested in John Titor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I am not sure if this is old news or not but in Johns' postings he mentioned a poem called "a soldiers winter" and said that it was written by a soldier.

I found the man who wrote the poem and asked him about it.

Larry Cluck a 62 year old Lt Colonal wrote "a soldiers winter" in late 2005 or early 2006. Published online 2007 and he never heard of John Titor before I brought it up to his attention.

Now the similarites end there because the poem itself is nothing like the words Titor quoted but, consider the astornomical odds against getting such a thing right. The poem title and the profession of the poet.

Taken in context with some of Titors' other writeings I think it adds another notch of credibility to Titors story.

I also spoke with Physicist Dan Visser and he agreed that the physics Titor described to time travel are sound as long as you have a continusly generated micro-singularity...And C.E.R.N. is going ahead with thier LHC experiments in spring of next year.

The Iraqi war, the civil unrest and loss of civil rights, Hillary in 09 and shes the type to be concerned only with keeping her power base...then to get the poem "a soldiers winter" right (to the extent of title of poets profesion)
I don't thnk a cold reader or could guess that good.

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Ok shouldn't the prophesy of Titor have happened already if that is, his words are to be true? Im not really against the guy or for him but i have a little interest in the website on what he says about "Florida" hehe. Anyway he could have stolen his poem from somewhere - you never know!

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Where is this poem published online at? A search for the poem's title or for Larry Cluck returns nothing relevant. Where did you come across this information?

I'm afraid you will need to back up your claims with a little proof around here.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Their Larry Haber productions like ti*or foundation, his 85 chain plus theatres . on and on. from Florida want to stir this garbage back up..thats all..They should be ashamed of themselves..like we never heard of time travel or black holes..give me a break..check out david brin sites,and karen Haber or

tito 1

More associates

how many hands does this guy have?

what happened at the interview when he says a "cashless society" and then goes on to say the guy "who signs my check". Titor took his 98% self out of here and left 2% of something else behind..it really stinks

I wonder if Haber is related to Carl Haber from the nuclear physics labs..affiliated with Cern too...naahhh

the Haber Family? who cares I found the money..

here we go again on eco 101 and physics

Its not gonna work on ATS anymore than the Ghostraven thing did, or Caret

Have a great day

SyS

[edit on 7-8-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
poem hunter

www.poemhunter.com...

And there is no way Titor could of stolen this poem because it wasn't written yet. I doubt the colonal lifted the poem title from Titor cause he never heard of the guy and I confused the heck out of him when I quoted a few lines to him...but he was nice enough to tell me when he wrote the poem.

late 2005 or early 2006. although I got the publish date wrong I think because in reviewing the email he states that he can't remember when he put it online..either way it was after titor put it up first..

Still as I said only the title and poets profession match.. the poems themselves are two different poems.

As for the question, why hasn't everything titor spoke about come to pass? Because this isn't titors timeline...this isn't his past.. this is our present. somethings are destined to happen and many things have already changed. but the poem is there and the chances of a cold read guessing something like that right ....what are the odds?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
If you take all the millions millions of soldiers who have written dear john letters..whats the likelihood one letter will be worded the same? very high because they are undergoing the same situations and feeliings we all have in common. Where is the astronomical anomaly in that?

SyS

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think your over generalizing. Before Larry Cluck you will find one other poem named "a soldiers winter" I know cause I looked. So I guess you factor in every single poem ever written by a soldier and compare it against this two times and you get your odds against Titor being able to guess the answer. Millions to 2 against.

The Russians fought in alot of snow but I didn't find any russian poems named a soldiers winter. The winter of 1777 was bad but no colonial poems named a soldiers winter. I mean it is a signifigant "hit".

The only other "a soldiers winter" poem I found was on a myspace blog.

And it was differnt from Larrys poem...

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Let me overgenneralize some more from a more specific source than general probability statistics

even allowing for a well the timelines changed...letsook at one of his own images. lets go wiki

Smoke around the corner..

this is a snippet from above : check out the famous gravity bending of light but not smoke

Clearly the first things that point out that Titor is a hoax is that 2005 is behind us, there has been no civil war, and we have had Olympic Games beyond 2004. Some say that Titor being in our Worldline has changed things and that is why we have not seen the war.
But people were onto Titor before these dates past.
One clue comes from this picture put on the internet by John Titor. Image:
"This is a picture taken in the fall of 2035 during my training. It shows my instructor beaming a handheld laser outside the vehicle during operation. The beam is being bent by the gravitational field produced outside the vehicle by the distortion unit. The beam is visible through smoke that is coming from his cigar."

Why is it that the gravitational field is only bending the laser light and nothing else? The gravitational field should be distorting all light in the picture causing everything to look warped. Why doesn't the gravitational field affect the cigar smoke? If something is powerful enough to bend light why does it not bend anything else?

Titor also failed to mention 9/11 or any other major event between 2000 and 2006. He explains much about the American Civil war and WWIII but mentions nothing about the major world changing events we have seen since the year 2000.

please do your homework.the last I heard those laws of physics have not changed .I and hundreds of people on ATS have too .and my time yes time is precious ..I think this class is over

SyS

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sys_Config

Titor also failed to mention 9/11 or any other major event between 2000 and 2006. He explains much about the American Civil war and WWIII but mentions nothing about the major world changing events we have seen since the year 2000.

From what I read about Titor didn't he refuse to give away any real specifics? Such as times, places, etc? So why would he predict 9/11? That would have given an exact date and location which was against his "rules"

As far as the civil war he spoke of, he said it would begin in 2005 with civil unrest and that things would really blow up in 2008. I do not think this has been proven false yet. There is civil unrest in the USA, if I understood his postings correctly people were not going to take up arms and start fighting in 2005, but they would be in 2008.

I do not know if it is a hoax or not. I think his predictions about the Olympics is basically false. Some support him by saying he was only speaking of the Summer Games. If that is the case we will all find out soon enough if the 2008 Summer Olympics suddenly get canceled.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
please forgive my ignorance, but what exactly did Titor say about "A Slodier's Winter"? I am not very up to date on all that Titor said!

[edit on 7-8-2007 by BugZyZuncle]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Ok from what I remember (and I could be off a little) Titor was asked about future literature as proof that he was from the future, he came back with a poem from his time. It was called "A Soldier's Winter" and he went on to recite this poem that had not been written yet.

ATS has a very good archive of John Titor as well as his claims which can be found HERE. It is long but a pretty good read.

Personally I think some things he says holds water. Some things I definitely question. Either way in my mind I don't think anyone can say solidly that he has been dead wrong...at least not yet.

Edited to add: I just want to say the Members and Staff here at ATS really did a tremendous job with this archive. My hats off to you and thank you for all your hard work.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by section8citizen]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Thanks, section8citizen

I will check out the archive on Titor.

I like many here are not completely sold on Titor; however, in his defense, I think Einstein proved that the possibilities for paralell worlds is infinite. So suppose for a second that Titor's time travels brought him back to a world which is parallel to his own but with a different timeline that is close to the one which he originated from.

Do I believe that, I'm not sure but it is a possibility, according to Einstein and others.

I'm not really smart enough to comprehend all the complexities of alternate dimensions and parallel universes et al.

Just my $.02!

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I'm with you when it comes to world lines and parallel universes. I don't even think about building of his time machine and things like that. Physics is not my strength by any stretch of the imagination. There are other things though that you can sink your teeth into. I pay most attention to his predictions on world events and events within the USA.

Is it fair to say there has been different degrees of civil unrest since 2005? I think so but it can be easily debated. Will this unrest lead to civil war? I don't know, but by his prediction 2008 would be the year that this civil unrest comes to a head. I think his predictions do hold some water. People have been moving out of the major cities and into more rural areas. I live in a fairly rural area, and the growth here is expected to go up by 35% in the next 2 years alone. I have seen more and more people from cities like Philadelphia, NY, DC, Baltimore, and many from various Ohio cities who have been moving to this area. So I see things like this and for me it lends his story some credibility, but I just keep an open mind and take a wait and see attitude.

I recently read an article where it talks of Titor and that some of his predictions could be off by a couple years due to different world lines something or other... sorry like I said earlier this is not my strong point... you can find MANY sites that claim to prove this as a hoax, but for me the jury is still out.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I think Titor and Burish's stories compliment each other nicely. They both involve parallel timelines. Perhaps the OTHER "jrods" succeeded in Titor's timeline and caused the "catastrophe"... unless it just hasn't happened for us yet.

Anyway look up project camelot (I think it's called, sorry I'm lazy
) and read the Titor stuff. Gives ya something to think about.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I love the multiverse universe concept, its the getting therethat bothers me. If he left and our timeline changed and then thats why his predictions did not pan out, except in a probability notion based on historical and current events (Texas will be spanish mostly..Hmmm It kinda has been that way a while) then by the very same logic..how could he return to meet himself and still have the same DNA and same parents >>the moment his chevy hit asphalt here and his nikes touched the ground then things changed quite a bit , itsclassic buttterfly effect..except those rules suddenly stopped for him to meet his same self!!

I have a link here to one of the few people who emailed Titor and is quoted on wikepedia also. If you dont know physics..hey Im no rocket scientist but I do read and you can understand what he is saying.. This is a physicist who loves sci fi like us but felt he had to stop this duping and distortion of science..hew loves his science ..its his living..thank God we have him as a university professor..
I said before to check the archives..I can't make anyone do that. thats your call.
at least read this and see the effects of a dual singularity hotrod are :Dr Brown Physics Professor

whatever calls you make after that is yours as I was trying to save you some efforts looking ,like what the archives are for,
Just cause he is fake doesnt mean you have to stop dreaming about time travel any more than a phony chick should turn you off from real one, or if your a girl the same goes for the guy. But sometimes you have to learn on your own ..its smart when you learn from your own mistakes..its a wise man that can learn from someone elses

Thats all I will post on Titor, theres more fish in the sea than him and aint that great!

Good luck on your searches and Cya on the forums
SyS

[edit on 8-8-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Let me overgenneralize some more from a more specific source than general probability statistics

even allowing for a well the timelines changed...letsook at one of his own images. lets go wiki

Smoke around the corner..

this is a snippet from above : check out the famous gravity bending of light but not smoke

Come now. How could I claim to be a true believer if I didn't have an answer for everything?

First of all photons are lighter than any other substance of mater. Second You'll note in the cigar picture that the refelction of light is substantialy brighter on the right hand than the left....and the picture shows the behavior of a laser not of a fiber optic cable...fiber optic cables don't leave the kind of shadow refelction a laser does in smoke...COME ON haven't you played with a laser till the battery went dead?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I'm glad Dr. Brown didn't claim to be a real physicist. Because a real physicist Brian Greene advances the theory for electrons being microscopic black holes. You can learn more at wiki.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

And Hawkings has even come to reverse his opinion about black holes...Wow if we go over the john titor archives Titor even said the Hawkings would do just that amazeing. Edit: More correctly Hawkings admits the posiblity..as I search the archive I am haveing trouble finding the exact quote I am looking for...still check mate :p

en.wikipedia.org...

Scroll down to the part where it says loseing an old bet where hawking reverses his opinion.

Check Mate

[edit on 8-8-2007 by titorite]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I didnt realize this was a chess match..that means this is a game for you..and shows a total lack of knowledge of the subject you believe in.. its all the light and everything around my friend not just the laser..That was Einsteins most famous experiment..Gravity Bends Light! Like when you you see waves of heat on a sidewalk the distorttion of objects when you look thru There was no distortion! Email Hawkings and ask him about your theory. Hawkings only said Blackholes released some information, and not swallowed up everything like before without escaping. He said nothing about time travel to the past. Don't mislead people here with distortion of science.Please read what people trying to help you suggest you read. Read again "Help You" I think the you are confusing chess with checkers , and you are short a couple of pieces as you are on basic physics.because that was no match my friend, and as a true dyed in the wool believer you should state so because theres nothing for you to learn, your minds made up. , and you ignore science and facts and have no intention of visiting the archives because you already know. That makes you as dangerous as a shill, but at least they get paid for it. so the more I write to you the dumber I get. Thank you for stating what you are and what the real deal is. If You think the photo is wrong take it up with Wikepedia and ask them to remove it as I, being a sensitive kind of person to all faiths , wouldn't want to "offend "you or even consider now letting the "truth" or the small detail of facts to get in the way of your "religion" ,and I know Wikepedia wouldn't either.

Since conventional physics bore you or I will quote you from someone you know very very well at the Titor site who loves the guy you quoted, and this person has a book of his own too Destiny Matrix, and all kinds of Cutting edge esoterica. Tthis his critique of a student named Leon , remember him? by Karl Simanoke

The If you dont sound like me I wont understandyou synopsis of Karl Simanoke

"Leon, Edgar has hit the nail on the head. The way your terminology"
goes undefined certainly gives me the impression that you want it
that way, and I think most of us have had at least one experience
with someone who confabulates a lot of scientific-sounding jargon
together in order to create the illusion that they know what they are
talking about, so you should realize that people are justifiably
leery of your theories which appear to be built around trendy
scientific buzzwords randomly strung together. I too have looked at
your website and come to the conclusion that only you can possibly
know what you mean by any of it, and that conclusion comes with the
suspicion that you may not really know either." unquote

So much for the open mindness of your own High Priests but Ironically so so apro pro here I just wish Leon were here too..he'd feel so vindicated and even the Haber might give me a nod and a wink and have a special mug made for you at the cafepress, which sells all the Titor Gear for devotees.

Lets just agree we disagree ,
and I defend your right to the death say it.
John would agree

Regards

Sys

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Ah, titorite (oh yes, TimeNot_0) I think you are suppose to be doing something else nowadays.

The forces are out of control -- simply put, it is out of your hands. (or mine.)

Now, off you go, pack your lunch, and electrostatics and gravitics is also other theories, some of which still do not really make sense to others, and also sometimes to me.

If I remember correctly, I think the poem (oh yes I know it is hard to believe) was written by Dr. Brown, because that is who was contacted in the first place about that poem.

I may be wrong there, but that is the reason Dr. Brown was first told about JT in the first place, thinking by the other person that Dr. Brown was the one who came up with the JT story because of that. I am sure that is over at Anomalies.net so it still can be looked up. It was on another forum, and then all the e-mails to Dr. Brown happened and then the explanation and then -- the rest of us are busy, so do not bother us too much on this subject.

Actually so am I busy, so I decided not to debate JT anymore. And if Einstein is correct then:
"God does not play dice with the Universe" still also may be correct.

Now, I think there is a computer game and many other things to do, as I should have been doing recently in the Past as well as a little in the future.
But then, I was gathering data and info to think about how it will be work to understand Microsoft's programming that probably will go by the wayside soon anyway. Like anything else, it is the dynamics of the politics that chiefly warrant what is happening. How it is preceived is also the other end of the question?

Now if we all can turn our computer monitor upside down and then rotate the video card display 180 degrees (which can be done) then we may all consider that we are some kind of spacealiens by doing things a little but differently.

I think I will get back to programming then.

[edit on 8/8/2007 by AmoebaSized]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Lets just agree we disagree ,
and I defend your right to the death say it.
John would agree

Regards

Sys

I WILL TOTALY AGREE TO DISAGREE! Thank you! One of the most rational things I have ever heard being on my side of the table sharing a conversation with a skeptik. Although I do not loath to read physics nor is my beliefe in Titors honesty a religion, I have my own God I share existence with...so those assumptions are less than nice. All the same it is a basic truth in life that we all will not and can not agree on certian things. The ability to let it go and continue to get along sets the civilized man apart from the profane.

Be well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join