It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Cameron live before?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
As a Christian I am taught that we live only one life, however it would seem there are many children out there that remember lives past in detail. They don't know reincarnation from sliced bread, they just remember another life.

I'd like to get opinions on one famous case. That of Cameron, the little boy who started talking about his "other" family and home at the age of 2. I believe there is also a documentary floating around on this kid. If anyone has seen it, please check in with your thoughts.

Refreshing take on reincarnation

Documentaries all too often come with attitude. Last week, when Dominion Post film critic Graeme Tuckett said that one of the strengths of the film festival's My Kid Could Paint That was that it made you have to make up your own mind, I agreed with him.

It was refreshing to see a documentary actually doing what documentaries by definition are supposed to do.

If last night's documentary on Prime, The Boy Who Lived Before, had an attitude, it was one of respect. Its subject matter – reincarnation, in this case a small child who had memories of a previous life and of a place which he had never visited – was one guaranteed to get a cynic sneering. But all this documentary set out to do was to allow the audience to observe Cameron's story being checked out. It made for riveting – and touching – viewing.

Cameron was only two when he started talking in detail about another place and another family that he had previously belonged to. That other place was the island of Barra, off the west coast of Scotland, a place neither he nor his family had ever visited. He also spoke of a white house on the sand, watching planes land on the beach, a black and white dog, siblings, a mother who'd had her long hair cut short, and a father who had died because he didn't look both ways. Most two-year-olds don't suffer from nostalgia, but Cameron missed his "other mother" so much that sometimes he cried when his real mother picked him up from kindergarten. His memories, which he continued to have till he was five, when we met him, were completely consistent. He even knew his "other" father's name – Shane Robertson. He was a happy and loving little boy, but he yearned for his other life.

For the rest: www.stuff.co.nz...

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Yeah I remember this one it was posted a few weeks ago. It's a cool story and definately interesting.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Well Shoot! I searched for a thread on it but came up empty. No wonder I'm getting no responses.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It's ok. Here is the link if you are interested.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I watched this entire thing. What impressed me the most was the reaction of Cameron when he arrived on the island and the change that came over him when he finally arrived at the homestead. It was as if you were watching him realize that his Barra Mom would not be there and was probably gone forever. The child changed deep in his personality on film.

The American Indian child was impressive as well.

My daughter, when she was 4 years old, came to me with this crayon drawing that had a little person standing in the middle of a circle of bigger people and at the top a person sitting on a chair. She told me that the little person in the middle of the circle was her and the big people standing around her were angels waiting to take her to me. She said right before they brought her to me, they took a boy to his parents (she even said his name and told me what color his house was). I asked her who the person in the chair was - she said it was God.

I believe we begin life as in touch with the spirit world as we will ever be - and we spend the rest of our lives killing that spirit side while searching for the connection again.

This documentary was awesome.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the input Val!

SLPEXE

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
That's a wild case. And my opinion is, I have no idea how to explain it. Personally, I've never been a believer in reincarnation, but there's certainly enough anecdotal evidence out there to make me wonder.

One of the first really compelling cases I came across involved a local police officer. Actually the commander of the homicide division of the Indianapolis Police Department.

Captain Robert Snow was by all accounts a skeptic. As you would expect a long-time police detective to be. However, he came to believe he'd lead a previous life as a 19th century painter named Carroll Beckwith.

Here's his story. I find it fascinating.

He wrote a book, Looking for Carroll Beckwith.

He's also written about 10 other books, all dealing with police procedures, home and personal safety, and other topics very unrelated to this one. His wife, (also a detective) advised him not to write the Beckwith book, for fear he'd be labeled and seen as unfit for command. Which fortunately didn't happen.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
As I typed in the previous thread I did not like how Cameron got the facts surrounding his own alleged previous life wrong. And did they ever come up with a name for the person he had alleged to have lived as previously? I don't recall that being in the video either.

Be that as it may, I still think reincarnation is the most likely answer to spirituality if spirituality indeed exists. The randomness and cruelty of life has led me away from belief of some all-knowing, loving god with some plan rather to a very shakey group of ideas about spirits in a godless universe on a perpetual, cyclical, arduous journey towards some existential purpose we may not have even guessed accurately yet.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I have memories of watching Jimmy Carter as president of the US give a speech on an OLD 70's style TV set in a living room. It's one of my "earliest" memories, but I know I wasn't born in time for that.

I'm not sure how old, where, or exactly when it took place--as most memories from before 5 or so are blurry--this one has never really been so.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Yea,

I remember that case with the police officer. It was quite intriguing.

Frith,

What is it that caused you to become jaded regarding God?

Does anyone know if this documentary on Cameron is available anywhere?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Frith,

What is it that caused you to become jaded regarding God?

Life experience.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
A great book to read if you are interested in more stories on children is Children's Past Lives by Carol Bowman. The book also has great documentation and facts to back up each story.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I also recommend anything by Carol Bowman. I participated in an intimate past life regression session with her a few years back. What I learned about myself was fascinating.

My 3yo DD talks about her other family.

Good luck to you!!

NNP

top topics

join