It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.F.O.'s...Why are there so many sightings nowadays?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I love the saying: Is the world getting worse or the Media getting better?

Or mabey a little of both?

I'm doing a bit of research on my own part and trying to see if the recorded sightings of U.F.O.'s is par for the course or if there is an actual increase that all of mankind should really take note of.

Do these sightings increase after a 'major turn in our history', such as a war or detination of the atomic bomb or some other plausible activity that
would merit mankind being surveyed?

Centuries and even millenia ago, unexplained sightings were etched on rocks, drawn on paper, and eyewitness accounts were recorded, so that these mysterious 'flying things' would bear testimony to days gone by.

Today, internet, television, radio, etc, has played a big part in gathering us all up under one big roof, to share our thoughts and experiences on this matter. Some sightings can be scientifically explained, while others leave us totally baffled.

There are so many video recordings out there on the market. There are so many hoaxers. There are so many unexplained aspects, that, it's hard to filter the truth from them all.

With all this in mind, I have to ask you...

Do you think there is an actual increase in U.F.O. activity? Why or why not?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
My personal opinion is its due to population growth. As humanity grows I believe the UFO phenomena grows with it. 1000 years ago there were only 300 million humans on the face of the Earth and today there are around 6 Billion. The more humans the more Psychokinetic manifestations, whether its Poltergeists, UFOs, Apparitions, or even some Cryptids.

Something I have been wondering about is: Can this Psychokinetic energy be harvested as a resource by non human entities? Each human seems to be a little Psychokinetic generator. All you need is to stress the human and it'll generate PK unconsciously. At least this is what it seems like from what Ive read and experienced first hand.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
this is facinating....awesome there is something true.....if ur not stresses and believing it really wont happen whatever that may be
maybe its the hidden power in our minds that leaks when we are stressed
couse if this hidden power we use only when we really believe...when we are stressed and believing we maybe leaking it outside making what we think its true..true

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
My personal opinion is that yes its true, media is a bit less shy about ufo and aliens these days or that sightings are increasing. I base this opinion on personal experience and also google trends. Check it here :

www.google.com...

Notice the news volume (lower graph), it started with almost zero in 2004 and the average is growing steadily since then.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I dont think that there are more sightings, just that with the advent of digital photogrphy and video and the such , we now have more evidece of their presence. It could be the norm. we have no comparable evedence. Here is a great site with most known historical sightings though, amongst other things.

www.geocities.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Agreed. Now that we have the technology to photograph sigtings and share them w/ the world at the click of a button, it is much easier to document what you saw. Though, w/ this newer and more advanced technology also comes the people who abuse it by creating hoaxes. Basically, I think that though the sitings may be increasing along w/ the population, a great number of hoaxes are also adding to the UFO phenomenon.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
more sightings of UFOs? perhaps becuase humans have made more things like planes , helicopters, sattelites etc

i'd love to see any good photo evidence of a UFO in the last 6 months. Afterall the believers say we are in the middle of a "wave" of sightings.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I created a thread sometime ago where I asked peoples opinions on why there are so many more "sightings" now than ever before. Its my opinion that technology has produced more ufo enthusiasts, given the amount of UFO vids on youtube and google video.
These videos where, I believe some are real and some are fake are all over the place.
Also there is the fact that more people than ever have a camera on them at all times, built right into there phones, where as 5 or 10 years ago that wasnt the case.
Someone who may have seen something and didnt have the means to photograph it, would be less likely to admit to it without proof.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I don't think it's the whole story, but if you believe in the dumbing-down of todays society, then that may also have something to do with it. Even if you don't believe it's a conscious effort by the government/s, people now a days are less lightly to know what astronomical objects look like. Not only are planets like Venus confused with UFOs, but there are also meteors, and satellites (as yeti101 mentioned).

Then, as regular readers of this forum will be all to familiar with, we also have clouds, birds, insects, camera-artifacts, balloons, blimps, aircraft and even bushes!

Having said that, it does indeed seem as if there has been an increase in genuine UFO sightings.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well, there may be an increase in sightings while maybe some people are looking up into the sky and praying to Allah, perhaps, but still the same questions come out:

Do these people need eyeglasses?

If it is so far away as to not make out any shape then know that even 5 miles or more away, the blue angels airplanes still look like an airplanes.

Oh, my tape does not lie or distort whatever mass delusions that may be going on in this world. That is not to say that there is not something up there, but just to say, that sighting something up in the sky does not give any iota on what it could be, except that in all of it, it does not seem to be going vertical enough to warrant a serious discussion about such so-called medias showing something that other people were doing on that day.

?? How can anyone explain anything on such sightings except to say that it is unexplained??

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Could Powerful Solar Flares be a contributing cause?

Bonnybridge, Scotland seems to contain the highest amount of sightings per square kilometer, than anywhere else.

I wonder if the list of sightings would jump ten-fold, if more people (who wouldn't feel rediculed) would come forward?

top topics

join