It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infrared Moon Images

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Zorgon,
it says that the XC-45 it was to make its first flight in early 2007, have you heard how it did? and what does the xc stand for?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeyvelder
Zorgon,
it says that the XC-45 it was to make its first flight in early 2007, have you heard how it did? and what does the xc stand for?

Its X-45c the "c" is version three a and b were prototypes All "special" planes use the X designation...

Sorry should have posted that in another thread

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

So ummm what makes it fly

An autonomous craft so no pilot that's a shame no pilots to ask.

I would like to see the back of it and the underside, the angle of that shot gives no clues.

If there are no control surfaces it could use vectored thrust similiar to the Harrier or more recent jet fighters, although with no conventional controls it would be game over if it went dead stick.

Maybe they don't care about that though after all it is only a flying computer, albeit an expensive one.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa
If there are no control surfaces it could use vectored thrust similiar to the Harrier or more recent jet fighters, although with no conventional controls it would be game over if it went dead stick.

Well that craft has an engine,,, no they don't let us see that. I had the same with the Sea Launch video the engines on the rocket are blurred out in the documentary..

But try this one on for size... "Plasma Actuators" As this is the wrong thread I will just point you to the AFRL data and leave you with one more image, then I need to get back to space and the Moon

Here is the sheet with the Source Data, as long as you don't mind visiting sites with .mil in the url

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hmm..when I first read the article and looked at the photo from the wind tunnel I thought, ok the plasma is disrupting the boundary layer which would negate lift and then the second article says the ionised air produced by the plasma creates a downward force, so which is it ?

Either way it is causing roll.

The aircraft has no rudder and essentially that would be there to counteract differential drag created by conventional ailerons, so these actuators must be creating a downward force as disrupting the boundary layer and reducing lift would cause reduced drag on one side and differential drag again.

So what about pitch ?, well I think I would bet on vectored thrust again.

I just hope my basic aerodynamics theory is up to scatch

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Hi Guys
ive been away on vacation. Just getting upto date on this thread, very interesting those images of the space ship on the Moon, definately looks like a type of aircraft.

George and i are still in the planning phase of our mission, will keep you upto date as we know more.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Zorgon

Now here's the "out there" bit what if Aristarchus is producing oxygen which might be the cause of the haze.

Above I speculated in an earlier post.

Zorgon, you mentioned in a post on the colour Clementine images thread, I cant link the source as you didn't, but you said from Hubble Article.

No big deal but you didn't mention it when I posted my nutty theory which doesn't sound quite so nutty now.

Also intriguing is the reason NASA now gives for its interest in Aristarchus...

Aristarchus crater is on the line where one of the Moon's bright areas and grey areas meet. It has long been suspected of having particularly diverse geology, says NASA scientist Dr Jim Garvin.

At Aristarchus, Hubble detected what appears to be an abundance of the mineral ilmenite, which is good news, says NASA lunar scientist Dr Michael Wargo.

By heating or passing an electrical current through ilmenite, it's a simple matter to release oxygen, which can be used for breathing and for rocket fuel, he explains.

Source - Hubble article

So ilmenite being titanium bearing... electrical currents... releasing oxygen...

[edit on 10-9-2007 by sherpa]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

reply to post by Zorgon

Now here's the "out there" bit what if Aristarchus is producing oxygen which might be the cause of the haze.

Above I speculated in an earlier post.

Zorgon, you mentioned in a post on the colour Clementine images thread, I cant link the source as you didn't, but you said from Hubble Article.

No big deal but you didn't mention it when I posted my nutty theory which doesn't sound quite so nutty now.

Also intriguing is the reason NASA now gives for its interest in Aristarchus...

Aristarchus crater is on the line where one of the Moon's bright areas and grey areas meet. It has long been suspected of having particularly diverse geology, says NASA scientist Dr Jim Garvin.

At Aristarchus, Hubble detected what appears to be an abundance of the mineral ilmenite, which is good news, says NASA lunar scientist Dr Michael Wargo.

By heating or passing an electrical current through ilmenite, it's a simple matter to release oxygen, which can be used for breathing and for rocket fuel, he explains.

Source - Hubble article

So ilmenite being titanium bearing... electrical currents... releasing oxygen...

[edit on 10-9-2007 by sherpa]

That is very interesting to point out.

I wonder what the trigger points are for this oxygen release? There must certainly be a threshold, correct? It would seem that there is already inarguably some level of electric current passing through the area, as the moon sits square in our geomagnetic field. Add to that any ionospheric interactions due to such events as sprites and elves. Then, just for kicks and grins, lets add in the electric universe theory, and point out that the area surrounding Aristarchus looks just like an area that has been electrically machined, to some degree, and left with long rilles and blister marks.

So, the question then is not if there is oxygen on or near the surface of the moon, but how much?

Further consideration...what is the interaction of oxygen with our magnetosphere? Is it "robbed" of ions, or enriched and some sort of isotope?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I wonder what the trigger points are for this oxygen release?

I think most of the methods involved here on earth involve heat if I remember rightly 1400 C and then pulsed with electricty, the voltage, current and frequency I found no mention of.

However that doesn't seem unusual under the circumstances as I would think some methods they wish to protect in case of patent application.

I am really clutching at straws to explain this haze and lensing over Aristarchus I want to know what it represents.

Elves and sprites ??

Considering your consideration, I have no idea it is not an area I have read up on.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by sherpa]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
With the launch of the Japanese lunar probe today, perhaps we'll be rewarded with some very interesting data in the near future.

Space.com | Target Moon: Japan's Kaguya Probe Set for Lunar Mission

I haven't determined if they plan any ultraviolet imaging though what they have announced looks very promising:

The 6,000-pound (2,271-kilogram) Kaguya spacecraft is a nearly seven-foot (2.1-meter) wide box that stands almost 16 feet (4.8 meters) tall. The probe's X-ray and Gamma-ray spectrometers will track the distribution of elements on the lunar surface such as hydrogen, which researchers hope will help aid in the search for water ice on the moon, Sobue said.

Other instrument suites will study mineral distribution on the moon's surface; use cameras, radar and lasers to catalogue lunar terrain and subsurface structure; and probe the moon's ionosphere and magnetic field. A high-definition camera is also launching aboard Kaguya, but is destined for a more aesthetic purpose.

"The Japanese people would like to see the very beautiful, high-definition movies of the Earth rising" over the moon, Sobue said.

As would we all, I'm sure...

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The question is will they ever show you the real deal. Or are the Grey's that are there going to allow this for a year.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

O-K, here is my theory. At first I thought it could hold open a stargate, a really small one, but that would imply much more activity in the area. It probably does, but only when the alarm goes off (more on that later).

I suspect it is a power supply in a telephotonic drive network for a host of starships. It is heavily armed because to shut down the reactor would doom hundreds, thousands, maybe millions of beings in many different star systems. The "guardian" activates when the proximity detector registers an approaching intruder. The guardian can draw more resources through a small stargate, such as weapons systems on board the starships.

Now isn't that sexier than a gas explosion?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I have been trying to find a more comfortable theory for the extent of visible light at Aristarchus and at the time had not come into contact with the "electric universe" theory.

That being so I failed to realise the possible significance of your comment about the earths magnetosphere.

It now seems to me that the brightenings could be some kind of excitation of material within the crater due to some electro magnetic influence, ie Earth's magnetosphere and or solar activity.

Officially there is a correlation between this TLP and outgassing but it doesnt explain the visible light.

Incidently I think the polygon is concave and conforms to the crater walls not convex, but the darker bars are still interesting, is this a natural configuration/shape ?

The lensing I was trying to get to grips with can not be a gas as the clear hole in the haze is square and of course this should be round if it was a rising oxygen/gas.

At the moment I can only conclude it is indeed the contrast of material of the square plateau on which Aristarchus sits against the surrounding area material.

And to matyas:

Of course your theory is much more interesting than mine and I can't wait to here the rest of it.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Of course your theory is much more interesting than mine and I can't wait to here the rest of it.

You know, I am going to just let loose here a wee bit. It isn't you sherpa, it is this grand illusion we delude ourselves with, that we are....

THE ONLY INTELLIGENT LIFE IN THE UNIVERSE AND MASTER OF ALL WE SURVEY!

THAT is the one! Well, I got news, humans were just lucky for the past million years or so, and every other life form on this planet, every animal, insect, and plant has to fight to survive, and now our turn has come. No one will cry for us when the Rivera is on fire, not a single tear shed when the bite of cold smothers the last warmth in our cities. It is just too bad that we have forgotten how to fight, and what it is we fight for.

You have to put the shades on to see this theory sherpa.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

Ok..ok I am putting the shades on....ah, cool.

The only thing is when I listen to you it costs me money.

Sorry, I am having one of those good me bad me weeks.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

The only thing is when I listen to you it costs me money.

You must be referring to the t-scope thing, well, it was your choice, and I have a high opinion of anyone that chooses a tool over a toy-and you're not alone, I have to spend money too on papers to get any real meat.

Sorry, I am having one of those good me bad me weeks.

You are always good, you don't realize it on your bad days. Myself, otoh, like the Evil Emperor Zurg, am fabulously evil on my best days.

There are a lot of 'ifs' with my theory, but as conspiracies go, it does go a long way for explaining all the secrecy surrounding the Moon. There wouldn't be too much trouble attributing it to Earth human activity, but there is a flaw that does not explain why it was observed as far back as the 1650s. By taking wide strides of imagination the pieces of the puzzle fit better together. First I want you to read this article, and then through extrapolation I will show how such a theory has merit.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Originally posted by Postal76

That infrared image of the moon is pretty amazing; I can't say that I've seen anything like it before.

And John, you seem to really like that Aristarchus picture. What exactly do you find peculiar about it? Don't the Clementine photos show the same thing? The color is somewhat odd, but nothing about it says "fission reactor" to me. How did you reach that conclusion?

First of all its the first man-made structure that has been photographed on the moon and posted on the internet. Its arched domed structure is elegant. The blue is obviously radiation combining with molecules of air. There are obvious roads, one of which goes into the lit rectangular opening just below or to the west of the dome. There are buildings behind the dome.

With hundreds of times the capability and resolution this is what Clementine got:

This is the usual U.S. Navy hodge podge display of obfuscation. The Navy loves to make inside jokes attempting to ridicule the public. Their Clementine moon pictures with spiders in craters and snails at Reiner Gamma are really sick jokes but typical of Navy behavior. The real photos can only be seen if you have the correct algorithmic code and if you don't have that you are more than likely to see flying pigs.

And oh yeah, I know you are going to tell me that you thought Clementine spun out of control and ran out of gas after photographing the moon many years ago. Oh yeah, forgot to tell you. It was back orbiting earth last year. How did it get back here if it was out of control and out of gas? Ask the Navy.

Sorry to catch this thread of thought so late, but bill and i [ a retired spook from the 70's] both agree on things parked on the moon. never seen a picture of it though.. thanx.. I envision the fission canopy as a result of a quantum drive.[ an artificial star as a power source] the reason i mention it is that it fits the advancement of whom put it there. would contain an atmosphere, produce your described external fission and also at high enough frequency be invisible to the naked eye..

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

Hey you know I am only joshing with the T-scope thing, it is taking me longer than expected to assemble the other components ie tracking, software and I have had to buy a laptop but hey all in a good cause I reckon.

Yes read it.......are you mad big E says it's spooky action at a distance.

Teleportation of power sounds a bit Teslarish, and I don't mean that as a bad thing either.

Ok, I bought it, hit me with the big stick.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DIRTMASTER

Hi DIRTMASTER,

Actually there is a slight mistake there in as much as it is supposed to be a Fussion reactor not Fission.

A bit like this one.

By the way welcome to ATS.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

reply to post by DIRTMASTER

Hi DIRTMASTER,

Actually there is a slight mistake there in as much as it is supposed to be a Fussion reactor not Fission.

A bit like this one.

By the way welcome to ATS.

As long as they don't say cold fusion.. ill go with it!
Rock-on Sherpa.

that reactor is pretty pimped out.. plasma reactor? i didn't see chrome..

[edit on 17-9-2007 by DIRTMASTER]

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join