It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if ghosts were...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2002 @ 08:23 AM
link   
...an animal species?

everyone seems to think they are spirits but what if they were animals?

posted on Dec, 1 2002 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Now how did you come to that thought???

There are too many accounts of ghosts taking up a human form for them to be animals.
Also, there are people who sa they've seen ghosts of dogs, cats etc...

posted on Dec, 2 2002 @ 09:05 AM
link   
No Ryans got a point.

If we assume that ghosts are not supernatural creatures then we must except they are a natural phenomenon.

we could assume they are a form of hallucination, or possibly an atmospheric effect but another possibility is that they are an unidentified species of animal.

either a single creature or perhaps a bioluminecent swarm explaining their ability to form and dissipate.

perhaps these creatures, are chamelionic mimicing objects rather than colours to blend into their surroundings though why a creature might evolve a defense mechanism that draws attention to itself and scares the sh1t out of a neerby observer I couldn't say.

then again, maybe thats the point.

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 05:45 PM
link   
..Does this seem a little far fetched to anyone else?

Animals are physical, ghosts are not.

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Wats an Avatar????

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 03:57 AM
link   
"Animals are physical, ghosts are not."

yes but we may not be dealing woth corporate and discorporate.

As far as I can tell ghosts have a similar consistancy to smoke.

there are plenty of swarming organisms that small.

secondly we don't know if "ghosts" are non physical entities. no ones captured one, they could simply be highly chameleonic granting them the illusion of being able to disappear through solid matter.

I'm not saying that this is true, simply that its not as far fetched as it sounds, lets remember that the alternative is that they're residual manifestations of the dead.....thats pretty far fetched too.

posted on Dec, 6 2002 @ 04:08 PM
link   
They could be energy fields. I highly doubt they are a type of animal. I don't think animal would be the right word anyway. "Organism" could say it better. But I still doubt that, with all the pictures and stories of orbs and energy-type mist that I've heard and read about, I personally believe ghosts are some type of energy. Whether this energy is a spirit, soul, or maybe just left over energy from a living person is still not clear to anybody. But that's my beliefs anyway.

posted on Dec, 6 2002 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kigga
Wats an Avatar????

Avatar is the image that is displayed under you name. (on the left)

posted on Dec, 6 2002 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Yes I agree with LostProphet. Ghosts are an energy field may be left behind by living beings crossing to and from a different dimension. I also have seen hundreds of photo, videos and have on two occasions seen apparitions up close, they are not animals. Good theory though.

new topics

top topics

join