It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look for something to happen 8/9/07

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I have to admit, pretty strange. And an F2 Tornado in Brooklyn. What do you think of that DG? Sorta out of the ordinary.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
No I did not check out his site or his track record. I have just been watching this thread. Don't get me wrong, I am not dismissing this prediction I am taking a more wait and see attitude. However when I looked back at the legend I noticed that Earthquake was symbolized by the + while the target date was symbolized by an *.

Then I noticed that Tornado was symbolized by a + yet Destructive Weather was symbolized by an *. Now correct me if I am wrong, but isn't a tornado really destructive weather? Most of the time tornadoes are accompanied by thunderstorms (I lived in Wichita, KS for 10 years and I am VERY familiar with tornadoes).

Then if we look at Earthquake it is symbolized by the + symbol. Forced relocation could also be a result of an earthquake, but that is symbolized with a *. So technically, even if he is wrong he is still right. You can't really call that a prediction in my eyes, but more of an educated guess.

I will say regardless of which it is, it is a remarkable ability but it seems like in some ways he is just playing the odds.

Saying, "It is what you want it to be" is much the same thing people say about the predictions of Nastrodamus, and in some people's eyes those are not really predictions cause they can be interpeted in many ways.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Earthquake Rocks Indonesia

New York Subway system floods, tornado touches down this was on the 8th, but they expect another heavy thunderstorm today and tomorrow.

I had really expected to say "Well, nothing much happened", but damn.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I followed the link to this guy's web site. He states many many predictions, all of them very vague, and claims only some of them have come true. It would be very difficult to NOT to be able to match up the vagueness with things happening.

Take today, for example. 8/9/07 something is supposed to happen. According to the 'code' assigned to this date, it could be some extreme weather event. Here in the US we are in the middle of a heat wave. Wow, is'nt this guy amazing ! Hit on a prediction again.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well, i think he's good. We had a couple of freak weather events and the day isnt over.

You have the option not to beleive

I would say he's always been pretty close!

But you're entitled to your opinion.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I think this is interesting:

More than 2,400 people have been left homeless after last week's strong earthquake on Russia's far eastern island of Sakhalin, officials say.

Worst hit was the town of Nevelsk, where dozens of houses were damaged in the 2 August tremor. A state of emergency was declared there.

Evacuation and resettlement efforts in Nevelsk are being hampered by fresh aftershocks.

The earthquake killed two people and injured at least 13 people.

Officials in Nevelsk said 710 people had been evacuated from the town by Thursday morning and many more would follow as fresh aftershocks made more buildings unstable.
Link - BBC

Didn't someone mention relocation as part of the "prophecy"?

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
FROM DR TURIS WEBSITE:

Tornado sweeps through Brooklyn (Destructive weather)
Powerful quake hits Indonesia
Earth Cry Loud Inside

(Earthquakes Magnitude 6.0 or Greater will Take Place During The Given Dates & Windows)

Drill hours away from trapped miners...(Earth Cry Loud Inside/Tears Blood Mud Thunder)
Arctic glacier breaks, tourists hurt by giant wave

Nature Upset Surprise All
Man Electronic Tools Fail
No Safety on Water and Air
Explosions And Shocks For All

Pretty good i'd say.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Me!

Come one, someone give me a star.

This has actually been kinda fun. What we should do is take this guys dates and see who gets closest. The ATS predictions thread.

Too bad we can't be ATS points!

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Los Angeles had an earthquake, apparently around 1 A.M., 4.6 on the scale.

When's the next date on the list?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Me!

Come one, someone give me a star.

This has actually been kinda fun. What we should do is take this guys dates and see who gets closest. The ATS predictions thread.

Too bad we can't be ATS points! YOU
are awesome. Here's a GOLD STAR for you *

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
The next day is August 19 with a #

#Famous Death/Dramatic News/Police/FBI/CIA/Secrets/Scandals/Terrorism/Finances/Sex/Serial Killers.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xanfalcon
I have to admit, pretty strange. And an F2 Tornado in Brooklyn. What do you think of that DG? Sorta out of the ordinary.
Very freakish i would say.
I dont think Dr Turi's prophesies are vague at all. I think he's right on target, much more than others anyway.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
lets start a predictions thread then.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
hmm it's the 19th and nothing has happened yet.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hmmmm...
Did I sleep thru this AGAIN?
DAMN IT! I keep missing all the fun....gotta quit drinking!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join