It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

existing book in Alien language

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I don't want to give out too much info on this subject, as I am in the middle of writing a novel about it, but I thought more people should know about a mysterious book that is over 1,000 years old, lately found in a box of illuminated manuscripts (1914) that were hidden for many years because of religious intolerance. This book survived the criminal "Inquisition" launched by the Roman Church.
It is now know as the Voynich Manuscript, after the man that found it.
The book has been analyzed by many people over the years, including John Dee, Elizabeth the first's wacky alchemist (based on tons of research after the book's discovery). It's meaning has eluded William Friedman's attempt to decipher it, and he was the man who broke the Japanese Purple Code in WW II, and headed the U.S. cryptoanalysis department for many years.
If not a code, it must be a language; possibly similar to Esperando, the last attempt to create a universal language for everyone. If you actually look at the book, which has star charts, drawings of unknown plants, and look at the fluidity of the writing style, it's clear that the writer was fluent in the language, and the language looks similar to the astroprojection writings and remote viewing script that are now claimed to be extraterrestrial.
It's funny a book so enigmatic and full of possibilities has fallen through the historical cracks: the main thing is that it exists. (actually, quite a few objects exist that historians and archeologists can't explain). It's currently in the Yale rare book library. My book should be out soon. Dan Fitzgerald

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
A search will turn up many, many threads on the subject. It is believed to be a hoax written in the Xteenth century, to gain favour with King X (the details escape me at this late hour).

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danturn
I don't want to give out too much info on this subject,

Too late, its mostly a known subject.
And there is nothing alien about it.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Geeze - talk about peeing on the bonfire! The guys just in the middle of writing a novel about it.. please don't prove its not real lol!

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Are you the same "Daniel C. Fitzgerald" That has written much on the subject of "gohst towns" and alike?

cheers
AoN

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Geeze - talk about peeing on the bonfire! The guys just in the middle of writing a novel about it.. please don't prove its not real lol!

Hey, a novel is fiction, so it doesn't matter if it's real or not. I figure people are giving him more information and helping him do research. I hope he credit ATS in his preface.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

Hey, a novel is fiction, so it doesn't matter if it's real or not. I figure people are giving him more information and helping him do research. I hope he credit ATS in his preface.

Oh yeh good point.. my bad!

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a hoax usually serves a purpose: after hundreds of years, no one has postured any explanation for writing over 200 pages of fluid penmenship and exacting documents. Some of histories greatest minds have pondered this book, and have treated it as a code, which they failed to break. The U.S. cryptology department wanted to decode it before the Nazi's, in case there were secrets that could affect the war. As Roger Bacon said, the man most believe wrote the book, what is the point of writing something that no one will ever understand. A writer writes to educate, not confuse. It was written for no one; it's purpose is still a mystery. That is the latest scientific conjecture.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I came across a site while doing research on the script/glyphs of the CARET/Drones thread(s). There's no real correlation at all to the Drone writing, but the Voynich Manuscript is a fascinating work - especially the illustrations.

Anyway, if anyone here would like to view any or all of the original 200+ pages in color .pdf, it's a fun document to browse through. Click here to read about it, and click on Page 2 of the site for the .pdf downloads.

The wiki link posted by Rock above has a better explanation and history about the manuscript, but no links to the actual original manuscript itself. You'll find that here.

Enjoy...

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Mr. Fitzgerald, I would love to read the novel. Please U2U me when you release it. I'll buy a copy if you plan on getting it published.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
...interesting topic, any development on your book since this post?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danturn
a hoax usually serves a purpose: after hundreds of years, no one has postured any explanation for writing over 200 pages of fluid penmenship and exacting documents.

According to wikipedia the book was sold to the Holy Roman Empororer for a sizeable sum. In those days occult knowledge was all the rage and people were very gullible. It's entirely possible that it was written not as a hoax exactly, but as a fraud.

new topics

top topics

join