It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This was the year of the Robertson panel and the largest influx of UFO reportings of any time in our history. There were literally hundreds of reported sightings of UFO's throughout the country all within a six to eight month period of time. Pilots were reporting incredible stories of encounters and high speed chases involving UFO's. Even Harry Truman was well aware of the threat, having been briefed by his own cabinet members in regard to multiple sightings over Washington D.C. air space. Government spokesmen were instructed to purposefully make light of these stories in a public way in order to convince those who were encountering these objects to dismiss them as something other than what they were. This, in my opinion, is where the real disinfomation era began.

What was going on behind the scenes in 1952 that warrented such a sudden visitation by these "visitors" ? Did they in fact deliver a message or even a threat to the Truman administration? In my opinion Project Blue Book, the official gov follow up, was nothing more than an attempt to appease those who still had lingering questions and refused to go away. I believe the Air Force as well as the Fed government already knew what we were dealing with and never had any intention of a serious study.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
In my opinion Project Blue Book, the official gov follow up, was nothing more than an attempt to appease those who still had lingering questions and refused to go away.

Probably... and what is their appeasement attempt now for all those demanding disclosure and answers?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I would say that 1952 was important because, really, it was the year the ushered in the "modern" world that we live in now. The first nuclear submarine was built, rediculous amounts of nuclear tests were conducted world wide, the NSA was founded, the UN began to contruct their building in the US, etc etc etc.

Personally, it was the Nuclear things that would attract me. Nuclear weapons are one of the most destructive weapons possible, and we were setting off tons on our planet, that would attract concern from any advanced civilization. Assume that they noticed the first few, the ones dropped on Japan, and left whereever they are form then. They got here in the 50's just in time to see the light show of the other couple dozen we set off, and people saw so many UFO's because they were doing recconaisance to see just WTH we were doing.

We only see a few nowadays because they onyl check back now and then to make sure we aren't doing anything too stupid.

Just my two cents.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
My mom grew up in Washington DC and she vividly recalls all of the commotion about those UFO's seen over the White House and in the area at that time. She also said that many were very,very concerned about it and almost frightened at what was going on at that time.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
According to this guy, the U.S. went to active war with the flying saucers in 1952, with orders to shoot them down, if possible. Various skirmishes culminated in a full-scale dogfight over the Atlantic ocean with the bulk of the saucers apparently either being driven back or just giving up, and a remaining saucer/alien causing problems around the Flatwoods, West Virginia, area. You would have to get the book, I suppose, to get more details.

www.dailymail.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

1952. This was the year of the Robertson panel

A small point - the Robertson panel met and produced its report in 1953, not 1952.

The Robertson Panel (i.e. the “Scientific Advisory Panel on Unidentied Flying Objects” chaired by Robertson) met on several days in mid-January 1953.

All the best,

Isaac Koi

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
test dummys being dropped into the desert with weather balloons

Originally posted by itikins

In my opinion Project Blue Book, the official gov follow up, was nothing more than an attempt to appease those who still had lingering questions and refused to go away.

Probably... and what is their appeasement attempt now for all those demanding disclosure and answers?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I sort of get the feeling, just a theory mind you, that perhaps the visits were intended as a clear signal to the Truman white house saying "We are here, we know what nasty things you have been up to (mostly regarding the use of nuclear weapons) and we want you to knock it off". Perhaps being higher beings they were able to see the path to destruction that we were headed towards and felt the needto intervene. Also I get the feeling that this was the initial time that the first "deal" was struck with an alien race of visitors. After the early 1950's technology seemed to take off at an unbelievable rate. Maybe this is the time period when the real alien tech research and the era of the secret underground base was ushered in. All speculation mind you, but very interesting indeed. Could Truman have been the president who first sold us out?

new topics

top topics

join