It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water skis called "Banana Peels"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Being that this is the travel/vacation forum, I hope this is the right place to ask this. With all the people on this site, I was just hoping that someone out there would see this and be able to point me in the right direction.

I was just wondering whether anyone out there has ever heard of a set of water skis that my dad had that he said were called "Banana Peels."

My dad had many stories of himself using them back when he had his boat and that those were his favorite pair of skis to use. (That would be anytime between the early 60's to mid 70's? That's just a guess. I just know that it was gone before I was born in '78.)

My grandpa just gave my brother his ski boat, and I have been looking online for something like he described, but so far, I haven't been able to find anything remotely close to what he described.

They weren't like normal skis. (He described them as being not long and skinny, but short, and kind of rectangle shaped.? It was two individual skis, not a single unit.)

He has since passed on, so I can't ask him anything more about them, but I would like to try to find what he was talking about.

If anyone knows what I'm looking for and could give me an idea as to where I could possibly find a set, or whether anything like that is even still manufactured, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Hmm...50 views yet not one reply.

It was worth a shot but this is going nowhere, so, anyone with the power to do so, feel free to make it go away.

[edit on 25-8-2007 by Americantrucker]

new topics

join