It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really Close UFO Sighting this Year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Location: Sweeney Hollow Road, Centerpoint, Alabama/Shortly after 8pm/March 14th, 2007

I originally posted this sighting report last week in a blog on another site. I reported this to MUFON first, two days after it occured as I wanted to document it. I'm trying to find any other witnesses from that night.

I was driving over to my friends house to hang out for a little while on a Wednesday night. After heading down S. Chalkville Rd., I went on to Sweeney Hollow Road. Once I was over the hill I turn left by a church to get there, this is where I saw a UFO just after 8pm. As I'm driving down this decline I look up and plainly see a craft flying low, just above the tree tops ahead of me. It was so close and so unusual that I couldn't take my eyes off of it. I stopped my car and just sat there and watched it fly overhead and over a residential area. I had to keep checking behind me quickly to make sure a car behind me didn't hit me. As I watched it fly away, it looked very slim, with a bank of lights from the rear view. When I first saw it, on its side, there was a distinct triangle shape, with one white light at the "nose" and three on the rear. I can't remember if there were lights on the other two sides. It was some dark color, maybe black or dark grey. One other car passed me coming from the road on the left where I had to turn into. By that time, the craft was a good little distance away, but clearly visible.

So, the triangle shape got my attention. I always have my driver's side window cracked to ash my cigarettes and to hear for any ambulances, firetrucks, etc. There wasn't any sound whatsoever. It was on its side (bottom facing me) when I first saw it, it then just glided and straightened out, heading west. My car has a digital compass, so I know that its direction was correct. This area is a residential area, just off a major intersection.

Initially I thought it was an airplane, because that's everyone's point of reference. But once I saw the triangle shape and the other characteristics ( no engine sound, flying way too low and slow in a residential area and its unusual lights) I'm sure it was a real UFO. I thought, maybe it was one of the stealth aircraft because of its shape, but the other characteristics rule them out. I looked them up online and they don't fit what I saw that night. Those military craft have a wider triangle shape, this UFO had a narrower triangular shape. Also, I looked for a blinking light that I believe all planes should have. No blinking lights.

Two days later, my curiosity got the best of me and I called the sheriff's department dispatch and mustered the courage to ask if anybody had seen anything unusual that night in the skies is how I first asked. Then I asked if anybody reported a UFO in that area. The lady working dispatch that afternoon said no. Which leaves me alone in seeing such an amazing spectacle, which is great, I feel blessed. On the other hand, you can't tell anybody or they'll think your nuts. I've only told one person. It's hard keeping something like that to yourself. I wonder about it all the time.

**I'm leaving out one very distinguishing visual feature of it because I'm interested if there were any other witnesses that night. If someone else saw it, they'll be able to tell me what that unique feature was. I'm thinking there had to be others in that area that night who saw it. I've never seen anything like it and it was certainly something you couldn't miss if you were outside that night. Maybe someone was on their porch talking on a phone, smoking outside, grilling dinner...somebody else had to of seen it.

Private Message me if you have any information.

Mod edit: title

[edit on 8/8/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a nice story, but why hide the distinctive visual??

If someone else seen it, then great youve got someone else who can backup your story.

This visual might have been seen by another member of the community at another location and could help match up previous sightings.

ATS members try there hardest to disclose all information rather than hold back on releasing certain bits of information.

I would like to know what the visualisation is you have seen.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I think the OP is just trying to look for validation more than withholding information. By leaving out one detail, anyone who saw it would be able to describe that detail thus you eliminate anyone trying to BS you. I can understand why the OP would do it and I can't say I blame him.

Very interesting story, now don't you wish you kept a camera on your person at all times?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The one visual characteristic I'm with holding is only to help me verify other witnesses from that sighting. Maybe another witness took a picture as well as back me up. Besides the narrower triangle shape, its the distinguishing feature that separates it from being one of the military's stealth planes.

I will always regret not trying to take a picture of it with my cell phone, but when you're actually looking at what you believe is a UFO, especially one that was so close initially, you're stunned. Thinking straight in that situation is hard to do.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by EclipseReloaded
Location: Sweeney Hollow Road, Centerpoint, Alabama/Shortly after 8pm/March 14th, 2007

**I'm leaving out one very distinguishing visual feature of it because I'm interested if there were any other witnesses that night.

Actually you are leaving out a lot of important details, like th path the object took in the sky, the apparent size (not how big you think it was, but how big it appeared) and what reference you used to determine its location relative to you. And more. What I'm trying to get at is can we objectively bound its size, distance and speed? If you can show that it was large, slow and close then you have something really anomalous.

I don't know the Birmingham area at all (although it has the distinction of being Sun Ra's hometown), but from looking at the map and the only church Google finds on that road (Taylor Memorial United Methodist), you were roughly looking southwest? In the general direction of Birmingham International?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I saw something similar several years ago, but it was almost pitch black when I saw it.

BUT, what I saw had no lights on the back I am wondering if your viewing angle or orientation was off.

What I saw was about 1,500 feet up maybe more and a wing span of a C17 or greater.

It had the solid white light at the "nose" with two more solid white lights on either side as it banked you could tell the other 2 lights on each side were on the leading edge of some type of triangle or flying wing. It was really dark but you could tell there was something more to its shape following the front edge of the "wing" but it was hard to make out the exact shape because it was too dark out and the lack of any other illumination.

it flew really slow and low with no sound. Like it was gliding.

I had observed other air traffic at the same time on the normal flight pattern into OC's John Wayne airport and this was not it as it was flying east towards the inland empire almost right above the 91 freeway by weir canyon road but then banked to the right (south) heading back over santiago canyon.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It wasn't one of those drones with the funny writing was it? Didn't someone claim to have spotted one in Alabama?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm not sure if that is the name of the church, I haven't been by there in a while. I'll swing by there this weekend and get the name of it and the street I turned off to. That church does have a grave yard next to it I remember.

As for its trajectory, I was driving from S. Chalkville Road, went straight through the intersection to Sweeny Hollow Road. I saw the ufo just over the treetops in front of me once I came down the decline, the church is on the right from that direction.. I stopped on that road right befor I turned left. I turned down that road and stopped again and watched it glide away. When I was on this road, is when I looked at my car's compass which said my car was pointed West, the UFO was flying off to my left.

I took a couple of pictures of the location a week or so after to try to figure out its size by looking at the intersection and trees around it. I'd have to scan the copies then host them. The pictures were taken at night, at about the same time. There's not enough light in them to reference the trees, the stop light is the only reference to see for the most part.

I'll go back there during the afternoon and take a couple of pictures of the stoplight where i stopped first, church and vantage point from where I first saw it. I could then draw it in the estimated size and position on that picture using the computer. Then someone here could help me figure out its size. I'm guessing its size now to be about 60-70 feet across the two rear points.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
If I get some time tomorrow afternoon, I will try then to take pics of the sighting area. If not then, Saturday.

top topics

join