It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did the government really know about the attack?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I don't really have much to say, but i do have other stuff to say that i will post in here. Does anyone ever think it was odd that bush was there in florida that day, quite convienently? While those camera's were taping him reading to children, great alibi? And he just sits there, i don't know if someone has already posted this. But this is the best explanation of the government knowing about it and it did nothing.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Im sure if you had searched you would have found about 100 threads on the same topic.

Did Bush plan 9/11 during his vacation?

Theres one for starters.

CT

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
sorry about that guys and mods *hops no banning is involved*. I'm really sorry i didn't see anything, i didn't know how to word in the search.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
No problem.

Check this link.

Its a search for "9/11 Goverment involvment" using the search function at the top right of the thread page.

CT

[edit on 6/8/2007 by Conspiracy Theorist]

Mod Edit: BB Code Magic.

[edit on 6/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by malakiem
Does anyone ever think it was odd that bush was there in florida that day, quite convienently?

yes indeed.
My take on it is that if anything 'went wrong' he would be safe in Florida with his brother as governer.
Assuming 911 was a covert black ops style inside job carried out in cohorts with Mossad, then there would naturally be a possibility that something would fail or somebody (?) would attempt to stop/alter it.
With that in mind I would expect the entire Bush clan to be somewhere close to each other and close to an airplane that could take them safely away to some undisclosed location.

Of course there is always the possibility that Bush didnt know exactly was going down and he was left sitting in a classroom where he couldnt do any harm.

But then maybe the fact that the secret service didnt wisk Bush away means that they were in on it too.

Maybe nobody was in on it and the secret service just does a lousy job.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
There certainly couldn't have been a more perfect setting in which to have the President, upon being informed of the attack. What a squeaky clean, wholesome American image right?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Oh they knew alright... all the prior warnings, intellegence communica's, wiretapps, FBI investigations wernt phantom...

They'd lead you to believe they didnt, because its obvious it was more beneficial to them in allowing it to happen.

Point in note:

WASHINGTON — The White House again Friday denied it had advance knowledge that a Sept. 11-style attack was coming, though it acknowledged it knew Usama bin Laden was bent on attacking the United States.

I mean after-all, Bush did state he wanted Iraq LONG before 911.
The Neo-cons were salvitating for another 'pearl-harbour'

Need I say ne more?
Ok, we'll just look at the articles floating about:

Argentine, Iran, Russia, Germany, India, Egypt, Britain, UAE..... all these nations gave us definitive intel saying Alqaeda preparing massive attack on US assets.... yet.. we didnt know????????

"I don't think anybody could have predicted that these people would take an airplane and slam it into the World Trade Center, take another one and slam it into the Pentagon, that they would try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile."
-- Condoleeza Rice May 16 2002 Press Conference:

"The attack will be spectacular and designed to inflict mass casualties against U.S. facilities or interests. Attack preparations have been made. Attack will occur with little or no warning."
-- CIA Intelligence Report for President Bush, July 2001

DISPLAYING ABSTRACT - In the months before the Sept. 11 attacks, federal aviation officials reviewed dozens of intelligence reports that warned about Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda, some of which specifically discussed airline hijackings and suicide operations, according to a previously undisclosed report from the 9/11 commission.

select.nytimes.com...

MI6 warned the American intelligence services about a plot to hijack aircraft and crash them into buildings two years before the September 11 attacks.
Liaison staff at the American embassy in Grosvenor Square in London were passed a secret report by MI6 in 1999 after the intelligence service picked up indications from human intelligence sources (Humint) that Osama Bin Laden’s followers were planning attacks in which civilian aircraft could be used in “unconventional ways”.

Italian police recorded al-Qaida suspects in Milan discussing aerial attacks and infiltration of the US in the 13 months before September 11, with the mastermind of the plot being referred to as an insane genius who would chill the world.

THE COUNTER-TERRORIST, Lawrence Wright, The New Yorker, Issue of January 14, 2002
www.newyorker.com/FACT/?020114fa_FACT1:
“[I]intelligence had been streaming in concerning a likely Al Qaeda attack. ‘It all came together in the third week in June [2001],’ Clarke said. ‘The C.I.A.'s view was that a major terrorist attack was coming in the next several weeks.’ On July 5th, Clarke summoned all the domestic security agencies—the Federal Aviation Administration, the Coast Guard, Customs, the Immigration and Naturalization Service, and the F.B.I.—and told them to increase their security in light of an impending attack.”

"On July 5 of last year, a month and a day before President Bush first heard that al Qaeda might plan a hijacking, the White House summoned officials of a dozen federal agencies to the Situation Room. 'Something really spectacular is going to happen here, and it's going to happen soon,' the government's top counterterrorism official, Richard Clarke, told the assembled group, according to two of those present. The group included the Federal Aviation Administration, along with the Coast Guard, FBI, Secret Service and Immigration and Naturalization Service...."
Before Sept. 11, Unshared Clues and Unshaped Policy
Washington Post, 17 May 2002

Friday, June 18, 2004 3:44 p.m. ET
By Raushan Nurshayeva
Reuters
(11)ugust 24, 2001. Russian intelligence warned of possible hijacking
Russian intelligence warned the CIA that 25 terrorist pilots were specifically training to crash airliners into planned targets. This was reported by the Russian Izveztia on September 12 and translated for From The Wilderness Magazine by a former CIA officer. (cited from Ruppert 11-2-2001; see also Ruppert 11-24-2001; 4-22-2002; Martin 1-5-2002; Martin 1-16-2002) According to Gordan Thomas (5-21-2002) Russian intelligence received this information from the Israeli Mossad.

(13) September 1, 2001. Russian intelligence warned the U.S. again about ?imminent attacks?
?Russian President Vladimir Putin orders Russian intelligence to warn the U.S. government ?in the strongest possible terms? of imminent attacks on airports and government buildings? (We do not have a reference to the original source. See Ruppert 11-2-2001; 4-22-2002 based on MS-NBC interview with Putin, September 15. See also Martin 1-16-2002; Thomas 5-21-2002) According to Gordan Thomas (5-21-2002) Russian intelligence received this information from the Israeli Mossad.

Ben Aris in Berlin
Saturday January 24, 2004
The Guardian

The United States was warned of impending September 11 terrorist attacks by an Iranian spy, but ignored him, German secret service agents testified yesterday in the trial of an alleged al-Qaida terrorist.
The spy, identified as Hamid Reza Zakeri, tried to warn the CIA after leaving Iran in 2001, but was not believed, two German officers who interviewed him told the Hamburg court.

www.guardian.co.uk...

In late July 2001, Afghanistan’s Foreign Minister Wakil Ahmed Muttawakil learned that Osama bin Laden was planning a “huge attack” on targets inside America. The attack was imminent, and would kill thousands, he learned from the leader of the rebel Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan, which was closely allied with al-Qaeda at the time. Muttawakil sent an emissary to pass this information on to the US Consul General, and another US official, “possibly from the intelligence services.” Sources confirmed that this message was received, but supposedly not taken very seriously, because of “warning fatigue” arising from too many terror warnings. [Independent, 9/7/02, Reuters, 9/7/02]

Also in late July 2001, the US was given a “concrete warning” from Argentina’s Jewish community. “An attack of major proportions” was planned against either the US, Argentina, or France. The information came from an unidentified intelligence agency. [Forward, 5/31/02]

An undercover agent from Morocco successfully penetrated al-Qaeda. He learned that bin Laden was “very disappointed” that the 1993 bombing had not toppled the World Trade Center, and was planning “large scale operations in New York in the summer or fall of 2001.” He provided this information to the US in August 2001. [Agence France Presse, 11/22/01, International Herald Tribune, 5/21/02, London Times, 6/12/02]

Hasni Mubarak, President of Egypt, maintains that in the beginning of September 2001 Egyptian intelligence warned American officials that al-Qaeda was in the advanced stages of executing a significant operation against an American target, probably within the US. [AP, 12/7/01, New York Times, 6/4/02] He learned this information from an agent working inside al-Qaeda. [ABC News, 6/4/02]

www.cooperativeresearch.org...

Eleanor Hill, staff director for the joint House-Senate inquiry into alleged intelligence failures ahead of the Sept. 11 attacks, released a 30-page statement Wednesday that found information on possible terrorist strikes continued to filter through the nation's intelligence system in the months directly before the attacks.
Some of that information specifically mentioned potential attacks by Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida network -- the group the U.S. blames for the Sept. 11 strikes that killed nearly 3,000 people in New York, Virginia and Pennsylvania.

www.pbs.org...

WASHINGTON — The White House again Friday denied it had advance knowledge that a Sept. 11-style attack was coming, though it acknowledged it knew Usama bin Laden was bent on attacking the United States.

"The president was aware that bin Laden, of course, as previous administrations have well known, that bin Laden was determined to strike the United States. In fact, the label on the president's (presidential daily briefing) was 'Bin Laden Determined to Strike the United States,'" White House Press Secretary Ari Fleischer said Friday.

Indeed, Fox News has reported many examples of "missed leads" that the Bush administration was given prior to Sept. 11.

www.foxnews.com...

German intelligence warns the CIA, Britain’s intelligence agency, and Israel’s Mossad that Middle Eastern militants are planning to hijack commercial aircraft to use as weapons to attack “American and Israeli symbols, which stand out.” A later article quotes unnamed German intelligence sources who state the information was coming from Echelon surveillance technology, and that British intelligence had access to the same warnings. However, there were other informational sources, including specific information and hints given to, but not reported by, Western and Near Eastern news media six months before 9/11

www.thememoryhole.org...

July 2001: India Warns US of Possible Terror Attacks India gives the US general intelligence on possible terror attacks; details are not known. US government officials later will confirm that Indian intelligence had information [/ex]

new topics

top topics

join