It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invasion/ Nicole Kidman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
INVASION
Starring Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig
Directed by Oliver Hirschbiegel (Downfall)
Produced by Joel Silver (Matrix)

This is a contemporary version of the popular classic,
"Invasion of the Body Snatchers"

This year marks the 50th anniversary of the original film and and with the outstanding cast and multi-talented production crew this promises to be a high budget big thrills kind of movie experience. I for one will be there on opening night! I love the original and look forward to this new spin on the old classic.
Here is a link to a trailer from Beyondhollywood.com

www.beyondhollywood.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The reason I chose to place this in the conspiracy forum is because the classic movie was always something that scared the daylights out of me as a kid and there was some ring of truth to story line for me. I saw from a very young age that propaganda works much in the same way. Also in this version I am not so sure but wouldn't it be interesting if it deals with RFID chips as a way to control the population? I thought that was what I heard on the commercial for the movie on Sci-fi channel.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I'll be there too on opening night Antar. I'm going to make a prediction though--I predict it will not be as good as the '76 remake with Donald Sutherland. But since the original and remake are almost equally good, heck, maybe they can do it again!

Last night when I was watching the trailer, I noticed something I never thought of before. Kidman was shown shooting a gun, and I suddenly realized that there were no guns in either of the previous movies. Times change, eh?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
uefo, your right and that's what I suspect as well. You know people have become jaded in a way, in the olden days back in the 60-70's when I was growing up there were far less new films coming out and no shows like CSI and such, heck even COPS can be scary to a child.
What people need to get the good scare going on is a lot more sophisticated now then even 15-20 years ago. My kids are always saying "Oh that's not scary mom! We could handle it!" But you know, I really do monitor what they take in as much as possible. Some times even their cartoons have me turning my head.
It is a new paradigm. Thanks for your response and we can talk about the movie after it comes out ok?
P.S. while watching the trailer did you catch any references to the RFID chip becoming part of the movie? I thought I caught that on the T.V. Ad. Now that puts a new very frightening spin on it. And it is a shame they did not bring Donald Sutherland back for this one. I worked with him on an ABC Movie of the week called "The Ties That Bind" years ago and he is a very neat guy.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I wanted to talk a little more about the RFID chip being a scary scenario when you think of the possibilities for mass population control. Throw in the NWO and an Alien invasion, and you have the right mix for a real life thriller. What if the RFID chip was part of an elaborate plan to chip the population and then to also be able to track them down. I guess if you were on the run you would have to cut it out of your hand. But what if it left a resonance in your blood or even could affect your DNA? I realize this is not part of this thread perse but it would make for a great story.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
That's so cool you worked with him. He's always been among a handful of my very favorite male actors. Were you acting in that and, if so, have you had many parts? (Trying not to be too nosey.)

The RFID plot idea is great. I can't recall something along those lines being done. I'd love it with an alien component worked in. As for The Invasion, I don't recall seeing something like that in the trailer.

In the process of checking Rotten Tomatoes to verify the release date, I found out there was a 1993 version called Body Snatchers. Ebert gave it a great review: www.rottentomatoes.com...

I'm going to want to check that out. Have you seen it?

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
No I am too shy to act. I loved being behind the camera and at one point wanted to direct. My Mom and I had a casting agency in Arizona called "Shoot in Arizona Productions". She mainly handled extra casting and I did a lot of craft services and some transportation. I worked for about 5 years in the buisness. I enjoyed being a P.A. when strapped for money. Long hours and good pay. Thats what I did on the movie we discussed in post above. The people in the film industry are alot like some people here at ATS. Very very smart and creative.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The reviews of Invasion are terrible. Do you still plan on going?

top topics

join