It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with mental and psychic symbols

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well, here it goes. I am not usually into the whole psychic thing but, I kinda accidentally started using a mental technique to do with symbols. Since it was accidental, I just want to make sure I am not blindly walking into dark waters, and am hoping that someone here on ATS can help me.

It all started with a fictional book series I like reading. In the series, some of the characters use magic. This magic is based on meditating with special symbols. I wanted to look up the next few titles in the series and came across some info on the Author. It turns out that the magic used in the stories was in fact based on real passed forgotten techniques for meditating. The Author states that the magic used in the stories are fictional exaggerations based of the passed meditation techniques.

At this point in time, I was having some troubles concentrating and was a bit depressed so, I said to me self hey, why don't I just try some of these techniques, it just might help. Thinking it was just completely fictional I went ahead and tried using these techniques. I didn't really expect much to happen but, surprisingly they worked, and better then I had originally thought possible.

What I have been doing is, when ever something(or someone) is distracting me or, bugging me I picture these symbols in my head. The first symbol(s) I used was seven entities of light(they are kinda hard to explain) rotating around a center star or myself. I picture them clearly in my mind and state something like; I want to focus on this or and want to be able to have better luck with doing this. It worked quite well with focusing and getting by my depression so, I kept using it. Then before I knew it I was using it quite regularly and all of a sudden, I was having abnormally good luck. On a cloudy day that I wanted to go out for a walk, as soon as I step outside, the clouds clear up and its sunny, which then returns back once I finished my walk, I was about to loose my job and now I am one of the supervisors favorites, etc.

After a bit, I changed the symbol after some irregularities with the one mentioned above. I now use a pentagon facing up with a five pointed star in the middle with the points touching the inside of the pentagon. The lines making up the symbol are dark blue or purple and the star is filled with bright blue/white light, and the rest of the symbol is filled with blackness. This new symbol seems to work more modestly and controllably. If I use it too much the center light fades away and it stops working. It seems that I can fill the center light up if I do something good for some one else. Then the symbol works again. I avoid using it now, I only try to use it for concentrating.

I am not saying these effects are certain, it could very well be coincidental and all but, I would really appreciate some responses from members in the know about stuff like this, just in case I actually stumbled upon something here. It doesn't really hurt to check.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Look for 'Star and Gate.' just a hunch.
edit. it's a deck of cards and a book in a box and its dead good and it contains 12 swirly stars. It aims to divine through psychology is well structured and fascinating even if its not what you want.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by redled]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled

Um... I don't understand what you mean. Star and Gate, as in stargate the TV series? What about it? I have seen most of that show and it has nothing to do with this. Do you mean star and gate symbols? I didn't use a gate in the symbol but there was a star. I really don't understand what you are saying.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled
edit. it's a deck of cards and a book in a box and its dead good and it contains 12 swirly stars. It aims to divine through psychology is well structured and fascinating even if its not what you want.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by redled]

bloody synchronisation.....

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Oh...redled, do you mean this www.tarotpassages.com...
It seems some what related. I will look into it.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfmask
Oh...redled, do you mean this www.tarotpassages.com...
It seems some what related. I will look into it.

You got the baby.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Wow, I can't find anything, stargate the series totally overtakes the search results. I can only find the book and cards review and to buy it on E-bay. There doesn't seem to be a wiki article either. Do you know anything more redled? Do you or anyone else have some links I could look at?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
www.amazon.com...=dp_olp_2/102-3126894-4616122

go down to the $34.99 one (sold by mandment), its got the cards as well, and they are massive for interwieving the points in the book. The sellers with only a book seem to be proud about it, but I don't believe them.........

top topics

join