It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Almost Supported you Barack Obama.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
www.ontheissues.org...

I almost supported Barack Obama for the Democratic Vote! Until I came across his stand in Gun cintrol. I can't actually Believe that he actually wants to Outlaw Semi-Automatic firearms. What an *SNIP*.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by Crakeur]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Here's a genuine question from someone that lives in a country where virtually no one has weapons and firearms are illegal.

Why do you feel the need to have semi-automatic guns?

[edit on 7-8-2007 by DarkSide]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
semi automatic guns are great for self defense purposes in case you ever find yourself in a ruby ridge or waco scenario. i believe we should have the right to own any kind of gun including full auto.

i didnt know we could say *SNIP* you're right he is an *SNIP*, and so is that gay guy..whats his face edwards, he's an *SNIP* too!

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
Here's a genuine question from someone that lives in a country where virtually no one has weapons and firearms are illegal.

if you lived in the U.S. you'd want a gun too...believe me

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Unfortunately, such a stance is the stance of the majority of the Democratic party.. Not only do they want to make semis illegal, they'd have all guns illegal... Like the Texas flag used to say, "Come and get it."

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
You know in the beginning I support BO but then I found out the guy was lacking serious experience. I'm baffled at his support, the guy hasn't been in politics that long people, wake up ! Anyone who's going to be president these days should have a lot of political experience.

Also he talks in the third person sometimes, I really don't like that. And the kinds of speeches he has give me this 'big brother' feeling.

Not good at all.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by discomfit

Also he talks in the third person sometimes, I really don't like that. And the kinds of speeches he has give me this 'big brother' feeling.

Not good at all.

Something you have got to understand about him and Hilary both is that the society they speak of is a dependent one. They want a society where everything is given to people. No one has to work or strive for anything. Hell, why even exist if it isn't to strive?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkheartrising
semi automatic guns are great for self defense purposes in case you ever find yourself in a ruby ridge or waco scenario. i believe we should have the right to own any kind of gun including full auto.

i didnt know we could say *SNIP* you're right he is an *SNIP*, and so is that gay guy..whats his face edwards, he's an *SNIP*too!

you can't.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I completely agree. Never once in my life, or in fact any of my family's lives have we ever felt the need to own a gun. There's absolutely no reason to own one, unless its your intention to use it.

And don't give me that lame, stupid excuse of "Well everyone else has one so I need one to be safe." Its that kind of thinking that led to the Cold War, and also that thinking which causes more harm than good. All guns are pointless tools which have only two purposes: to bring pain and death to anyone they point at.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I do Intend to use my gun. I intend to practice with it at the Gun range, and Protect my Rights, and Family with it. I am sorry if you do not have any knowlegde of firearms, and that you will never know the feeling of protection that they bring.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I'm just tired of candidates, hell even politicians in general, saying what they "think" we as Americans should own. If you dont want a gun, that's your choice. If you do, again that's your choice. I'd rather be safe then sorry. Guns don't kill people, people do. People pull the trigger. Criminals who want to rob you, break into your house, can have a gun. Wouldn't you want to even the odds?
I may just consider moving to Texas after all.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   

You mean they're great for shooting feds?

Anyone who's going to be president these days should have a lot of political experience.

Well, he can't be worse than Bush

[edit on 8-8-2007 by DarkSide]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The reason that so many Americans are so gung-ho about guns and gun rights is
really split into two different (though friendly to each other) camps.

1. Distrust of the government. The government has broken the peoples trust
a great many times in the past, add to that that Corporations are'nt regulated
and prevented from giving money to candidates the way they are in other countries
furthers that distrust and the creation of the semi-realistic corporate-America meme.

2. The simple belief in liberty, this one was the original one and takes two different
forms, the libertarian social views version and the Constitutionalists version.

Being an American myself I can say for me it's a mixture of not trusting the
government 100% and being a Libertarian on social issues.

Personally I'd love to see a society where no one owned guns, but until America
can clean its government up and become as Progressive as the rest of the Civilized world,
it's not going to happen.

As for Barack, personally I like him, he's not close enough to my sociopolitical
ideologies to be the candidate I vote for in the Democratic primaries, but I'll vote for
him if he becomes the Democratic candidate.

I also think that this so called 'experience' is unneeded and really only hinders
the political system half the time.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Personally I'd love to see a society where no one owned guns, but until America
can clean its government up and become as Progressive as the rest of the Civilized world,
it's not going to happen.

with all due respect sir,
please educate yourself in the international crime rates before making a self defitist statement like that about the U.S.
what makes you think the countries w/out guns are any safer?

remember...knowledge is power...get you some at this link.

thank you

www.guncite.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I did'nt say they were.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

please educate yourself in the international crime rates before making a self defitist statement like that about the U.S.

The article you linked says so. Less murders = safer.

Also he meant the western world, that excludes place like taiwan, the philipines and mexico (which have more non-gun murders than gun murders in the US according to the webpage).

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

www.guncite.com...

Now THAT was a self defeatist move. Posting a link that says in the very first line...

The U.S. has a high gun murder rate, whereas a country like England with strict gun controls has almost no gun murders and a very low murder rate.

pretty much proves tighter gun laws reduces the rate of gun crime.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

The article you linked says so. Less murders = safer.

Ahem,ahem... We all know that guns are the only weapons used to murder, right?

Let's say that the U.S does ban guns. Where does it stop? Are you going to ban knives, forks, pointy objects, pieces of metal, baseball bats, clubs, sticks, wrenches, tire irons,shovels,gasoline, et cetera, et cetera? Where would the banning stop?

[edit on 8-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Well, he can't be worse than Bush

Hehe despite our diffrences before Darkside I agree with you on that.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Ahem,ahem... We all know that guns are the only weapons used to murder, right?

Heh? I said less murders = safer, not less guns = safer.
You can murder someone without a weapon...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join