It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW!! Qigong magic..jeEEez, if this is real..Whew!!Must Watch Very Interesting!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Kaiwynn

I agree with you entirely, up to a point.

This is why i want to locate the origins of the film, get the reporters name or something.

Knowing the history would go A LONG way to understanding if this is a hoax or not.....

We must understand, that for this "HOAX" hypotheses to hold up, EVERY body in the vid has to be part of the act.....INCLUDING these "no local" independent scientists

So, who are these guys? We can't scream hoax and just run away now can we

We have to prooOOOove this is a hoax, and the ones "hosting" the film would be a good start.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I watched the vid and everything I saw came across very convincingly.

To outright call this a hoax is uncalled for without thorough investigation, IMO.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Most of the so called catholic miracles of the modern era are occultic and demonic as well.

The trick is learning how to discern the fake miracles from the real ones. The real ones come from believers who worship in spirit and truth, ie they have the correct doctrine and the right motives.

OK, lay it on me. How do you tell the difference? Can you give me some examples of some of the modern era miracles that are occultic and demonic?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Good find,

although the concept of chi and energy manipulation aren't new, some of the concepts in these videos are different.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Great find! I would LOVE to devote my life to learning this way of being. Where would one have to go to learn this? We all should learn to step into this way of thought. Can you imagine society where everyone had this type of ability. I think it would be awesome.

I just thought of something. Here is just another hidden truth out there, I have heard so many stories about other cultures finding some cure to some illness. Why is all this life altering, we can be better beings, on another level stuff ANYWAYS suppressed and covered up????

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
thanks for the video post. i had to call my wife in to appreciate the Qigong as she is also a student.

the video was pretty amazing up until the table stunt. i just would have HAD to see how the glass reacted on penetration.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Have any of you people actually seen a magic act in person? My gosh the gullibility in this thread is more unbelievable than the guy doing the tricks. No scientific control, no professional magicians setting up the equipment and the blocks. And suddenly this little guy has latent superpowers of some kind.

Here's another little secret I'll let you in on. You know when you listen to an MP3 through your headphones? There isn't a little band inside the MP3 machine! It's all done with little wires and magnets!

Just thought you'd like to know.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnocentBystander

Most of the so called catholic miracles of the modern era are occultic and demonic as well.

The trick is learning how to discern the fake miracles from the real ones. The real ones come from believers who worship in spirit and truth, ie they have the correct doctrine and the right motives.

OK, lay it on me. How do you tell the difference? Can you give me some examples of some of the modern era miracles that are occultic and demonic?

I think so. I think the Mary visitations at Medjugorje are utterly satanic. My very catholic half brother actually went there to see it for himself. He claims that he had a silver necklace turn to gold. There was a book published that described the phenomenon and the 'teachings' of the apparition. She ended up claiming that all religious paths lead to God, that they were just different flavors of the same ice cream or some such new age drivel.

This can be compared with the teachings of Jesus that says narrow is the road to eternal life and few find it, but broad is the road to destruction. By the mary teaching the Aum Shiryniko death cult in Japan or the AQ suicide bombers, or even Hitler are all finding their own wonderful path to 'god'.

It is interesting to note that not long after the visitations Yugoslavia was plunged into a bloody messy turmoil and civil war. It was all the devils work. However there were miracles and even healings performed in the mary goddesses name. The key to discernment in this difficult case was to notice that the teachings denied the necessity of salvation through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross. They denied the gospel. All of the false prophets and miracle workers deny Jesus or deny the basic truth of the gospel. As St. John said,

22Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son. 23No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
2This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Fascinating videos, the only part I didn't like is when they say the tiresome old line about how we all have these abilities within us... It almost makes you feel like a failure when the only thing you can achieve by focusing and concentrating, is to get a headache.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
Have any of you people actually seen a magic act in person? My gosh the gullibility in this thread is more unbelievable than the guy doing the tricks. No scientific control, no professional magicians setting up the equipment and the blocks. And suddenly this little guy has latent superpowers of some kind.

Here's another little secret I'll let you in on. You know when you listen to an MP3 through your headphones? There isn't a little band inside the MP3 machine! It's all done with little wires and magnets!

OMFG...I've been saved. I'll try to figure the most appropriate thing to send you to show my sincere feelings over this.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

The key to discernment in this difficult case was to notice that the teachings denied the necessity of salvation through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross. They denied the gospel. All of the false prophets and miracle workers deny Jesus or deny the basic truth of the gospel.

Ok, interesting. So what you're saying is any miracle that is not performed in the name of Jesus is the devils work. But the term miracle seems in this case to describe something we don't yet understand.

Is it not possible that humans have abilities that may at first seem miraculous, but are actually just abilities we aren't entirely aware of? Many atheletes perform what would be physical miracles to the average person, yet training and disipline make them possible.

What about the possibility of a simple hoax, in the vein of other similar healers?

[edit on 6-8-2007 by InnocentBystander]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I really dont know why you waste your time on these forums, you despise everything you see and hear so much I find it funny that you even bother to visit this place. You seem very secure with your view of normality. Fine, go in peace and leave us to our dreams then, whats it to you???

go...GO.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Have any of you people actually seen a magic act in person?

Hey look, a condescending emoticon, good job.

And yes, I'm sure we've all seen some magic in person, and we've all seen Criss Angel. This is exactly why this video shouldn't be accepted so readily. Now, that's not to say that I'm convinced it's a hoax, but it's TV, so it easily could be.

So why can't I easily dismiss this? Well, I took Kung Fu for awhile, and I've seen a master do some wild stuff by allegedly manipulating chi. I mean, I didn't see him throw Hadukens or anything, but I do vividly remember him breaking a spear with his throat. He placed the metal point on his throat and the wooden end at the corner of 2 walls and the floor and pressed with his whole body. The spear snapped in the middle of the wood. It was a strong spear. Anyway, for me the jury is wang... I mean, hung.

Uh no, these powers are not latent. Such things are mediated by demons. That is why the Bible forbids witchcraft. The purpose of meditation is to empty your mind so that it offers no resistance to demon possession. Chase after this at your peril. Once the demons are there, they may manifest so called powers, which are just parlor tricks for them.

Slow down there big guy. Assuming this isn't a hoax, have you ever considered that a human mind can manipulate the quantum world and vacuum fluctuations at a distance. The brain is a massive computer and the distance between matter is irrevelent for particle interactions to occur. Ever heard of quantum entanglement?

It's guys like you that put Galileo on trial. Brand new sciences aren't the devil. And foosball isn't the devil either. I know mamma means well, but come on now.

She ended up claiming that all religious paths lead to God, that they were just different flavors of the same ice cream or some such new age drivel.

Exactly, it's that kind of tolerant thinking that could lead to world peace, and then what would poor Halliburton do without all those no bid, grossly inflated contracts. EEEuckkk!

If this is how the majority of the religious on this planet feel then it's high time for an ELE.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
if this is real????

of course this is real. it is Qigong... or 'CHI-gong'.. and theres nothing fake about it.

anyone can do it. it just takes practice, and definitely alot of passion.

u will never have to go to the doctor ever again.

as long as u eat right, excercise, and meditate/yoga daily and practice qigong.

its awesome stuff, and i recommend it to everyone who wants to enhance their spiritual self and awareness

[edit on 113131p://180811 by divine chronic]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by divine chronic
if this is real????

of course this is real. it is Qigong... or 'CHI-gong'.. and theres nothing fake about it.

anyone can do it. it just takes practice, and definitely alot of passion.

u will never have to go to the doctor ever again.

as long as u eat right, excercise, and meditate/yoga daily and practice qigong.

its awesome stuff, and i recommend it to everyone who wants to enhance their spiritual self and awareness

[edit on 113131p://180811 by divine chronic]

Tell that to the practitioner in the video, I noticed he wears glasses which I assume he had to see a doctor to acquire...

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by itikins

Tell that to the practitioner in the video, I noticed he wears glasses which I assume he had to see a doctor to acquire...

Hmmmm, just looked at the second video and the practitioner does put on a pair of glasses in that section where they are talking about objects possessed by spirits. One would think that he could cure himself of nearsightedness but I guess not ... but this is not to say that maybe he cannot correct that problem in others.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
I just did a re-viewing of that video and it's only showing a quick 1920's photograph of his already ancient looking grandfather wearing a pair of spectacles but the practitioner they are focusing on in this docu is never shown wearing glasses at any time during this movie. So I'm assuming that he does not wear glasses .. as you claim.

There are two videos posted so maybe it's in the video that you didn't do a re-viewing of.

The practitioner at one point in the video puts on what appears to be a pair of reading glasses to look at something, after a few moments he takes them off and puts them away.

Edit:
Glancing back through in the second video posted, beginning at the time is 2:35 you can clearly see the man is wearing glasses. There is also another instance, the one I previously described in which he is shown putting on a pair for a few moments to examine something more closely.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by itikins]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Eastern lore or Western gullibility?

Originally posted by Anomic of Nihilism
Electric shocks FROM HIS SKIN??? on call??!! with SCIENTISTS checking him over??

The easiest thing in the world. The shocks are from static charge buildup. When I use the laptop on which I'm typing this (sitting in a wheeled office chair, wearing rubber flip-flops, so I'm not grounded), and my girlfriend touches my skin, she feels a tingle. That's not my widely-bruited sexual magnetism at work, I'm sorry to say; it's just static electricity.

'On call'? Easy. He's in contact with a charged object (like I am with this laptop). He's standing on a rubber mat. His feet are bare or he's wearing shoes that conduct electricity to ground (metal toe-caps will do this). He takes one foot off the mat, places it on the floor. The static buildup goes to earth and you don't feel anything when he asks you to touch him. Then he puts both feet back on the mat and asks you to touch him again. Bingo! You receive a shock. A Qing Qong shock or whatever you call it.

The 'SCIENTISTS'? Just pals of his from the qing-qong parlour.

The rest of the video will be conjuring tricks of the same kind.

To the poster who talked about all this wondrous mysterious ancient skills and practices dying out, I say: relax. Nothing is dying out because there never was anything there. I'm from the Mysterious East myself. I was born there. I live there now. There was a time I thought this kind of rubbish might be true, so I checked it out. For years. From Filipino psychic surgeons to Indian rope tricks to flying Kung Fu masters, it's all crap. All of it. If we Mysterious Easterners had all these powers at our disposal, how did you Mechanistic Westerners destroy our armies, cities, societies and cultures so easily during the colonial era? How come you ended up conquering us, and not the other way round?

Nice to see Big White Chief sucking down our mumbo jumbo, though. That's always good for a laugh.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by itikins

There are two videos posted so maybe it's in the video that you didn't do a re-viewing of.

The practitioner at one point in the video puts on what appears to be a pair of reading glasses to look at something, after a few moments he takes them off and puts them away.

We were typing our comments at the same time... I've corrected that post... you're right, he does put on a pair of glasses.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Astyanax, so you are saying that both of these practitioners are frauds?

I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join