It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW!! Qigong magic..jeEEez, if this is real..Whew!!Must Watch Very Interesting!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

The ground side of an LED has a bigger chunk of metal in it.

the wire sticking out is also noticabley shorter

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
It could be trickery but the lack of real motive seems to lessen the chances of that.

Not everybody wants to go big-time. There are still plenty of small-time operators who do this kind of stuff who have primarily local "clients," who only want to provide enough razzle-dazzle to keep themselves in business. They like the job as local shaman/witch doctor. It's a good, steady gig without a lot of pressure, and they understand that the more people see them work, the more likely some smart-ass debunker is going to expose them and they'll have to move to the next village.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Suicide Virus

Are you specifically stating that this documentary is a "hoax"?

I know you haven't stated this directly, but how else are you explaining the "effects" he has on his patients..and in PERTICULAR the "professional" scientists??

Electric shocks FROM HIS SKIN??? on call??!! with SCIENTISTS checking him over??

You HAVE to be calling this documentary a hoax, because no other explaination wil fit you "view"?

Cheers
AoN

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anomic of Nihilism
You shouldn't be SO quick to say its a trick.... can you explain the SCIENTIST reaction to his "moving thier muscles and SHOCKING them"??? or is it JUST the 'news paper burning' that your "logic" can comprehend in a comforting manner.

Almost any magician will tell you that scientists are among the easiest people to fool, because they almost always think linearly. They automatically think from Point A to Point B to Point C, and magicians love that.

Personally, I know that truly magical things happen all the time. Moving things with one's mind is so common as to be ordinary. Every time I type a sentence, my mind is moving all kinds of matter, and current science doesn't have a clue as to how it happens.

But this stuff is obviously the same kind of hocus-pocus that clever olks have been doing in small villages and markets for thousands of years.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Here is a HOAX!!!! apparently

This, unfortunately needs translating.

This is a comment the origional uploader posted

Watch ALL of the videos please. It is one video that I broke up into six parts so I could fit them within the 10 minute YT time frame.
Also, see itsjustnotpossible(dot)com/QiGong(dot)html for an explanation.
Sorry, I cannot translate it, but if you watch the (other) vids, you can clearly see the girl pointing out the holes in the table, and the magnets hidden underneath. She also provides her own jar which he fails to break, and her own tub of water, which he fails to move!

This is the origional video that some ATSers may remember.

AoN

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bumr055

Originally posted by halfmask
One of my Aunty's boyfriends could do the hand heating thing. He was in martial arts and he could willingly warm up his hands. It is nothing special, just a way of overriding the brain's protect only me principle. When your body starts to get cold, it reserves its heat to the center and the brain, deeming the arms and legs expendable. This is a natural response like blinking, and also like blinking you can turn it off or control it. So, with enough focus and practice you can tell your body to focus the heat in your hands etc. Heating your hands possibly lighting paper on fire is not all that special, the one I never heard of was the lighting a light bulb and more of what the second video showed. Perhaps it is like how you can charge an Ipod with a CPU(computer processor). In this case the brain is the CPU if you can run your thought in a similar manner to that of the software for charing an Ipod, you may be able to produce and electric current. This seems to be supported by the fact that the guy had to meditate all the time. I know the hand heating is possible first and second hand, second as in my Aunt's past boyfriend and if first hand, I heated up a drink before with my own hand. The electric current though seems much more "faked" but, who knows for sure, there is electricity in the body just like there is heat.

I think the 5V in the USB changes an Ipod, not the software.

I didn't say that the software charges the Ipod, I said the (CPU) did. I also know of the 5V in the USB, from my understanding(which could be wrong), extra current from the CPU is also produced, if this is the case, it needs to be noted that the CPU is not meant for current production, the software how ever forces it too. The CPU is really meant for calculating and what not, like the human brain, which is also not suppose to produce access current.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
Gee, whiz folks. It's a magic trick, just like they do in Las Vegas. It belongs in the same thread as the discussion of Criss Angel's "real" supernatural powers.

One would think that after all this time and all the effort that real magicians have put into explaining how these things work, that there would be just a few less gullible people in the world who are suckered by this stuff. Oh, well. I guess it's true that there's a sucker born every minute... and two to take 'em.

Unless you have experienced this first hand please do not categorize this as a magic trick like in Las Vegas. I can assure you that it is 100% real, because I have witnessed it first hand myself.

The only sucker born is the one that has doesn't have an open mind and a will to experience something that is a universal right for everyone.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

By Suicide Virus
But this stuff is obviously the same kind of hocus-pocus that clever olks have been doing in small villages and markets for thousands of years.

Obviously

unfortunately not much "grunt" there except for the word "obviously" .

Is it soOOOo obvious, hmmm, knowledge filters dude....i understand what your saying, and feel i could argue that point better, saying "Obviously" is such dangerous territory,... as dangerous a me claiming a "Two Square" pixelated block in a large picture, as "Obviously" being an Alien Spacecraft

Egotistical words my friend

Is it ALL so "obvious"??

AoN

EDITED: for LOTS of tired,grammatical errors
[edit on 6-8-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'm impressed with 02:00 and 05:47 of the second video.
He heats of the newspaper until it ignites on fire!
And, he moves objects with his hand without touching it!

Maybe he can do what this blue sword guy can do:

www.youtube.com...

Most impressive.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This looks like Reiki which has been practiced in the Orient for thousands of years. It is only recently been filtering to the states.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
What a neat vid! If this guy's "gift" is authentic and duplicatable,
he could put Evangelical Faith Healers and the Viagara manufacturers
out of business.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
That video was incredible. I cant believe that these powers are just laying latent within all of us. It just goes to show that energy can be channeled from within you, if you know how to control it

I have this strong urge to start meditating now.

Anyone else?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It's not magic, it's science.

I Agree, It is true science! This is the potential we (all humans have). This is what the powers that be try to suppress!

No More Phony Wars Please!!

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This video has been linked to on here before and it is great proof that humanity has many amazing abilities that are still not well understood. Great stuff!

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This is awesome. That man is awesome. And his uberness comes out when you see the humility in his face from realizing he had let his ego step in to do the stunt. This is truly mind-blowing stuff.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
That video was incredible. I cant believe that these powers are just laying latent within all of us. It just goes to show that energy can be channeled from within you, if you know how to control it

I have this strong urge to start meditating now.

Anyone else?

Uh no, these powers are not latent. Such things are mediated by demons. That is why the Bible forbids witchcraft. The purpose of meditation is to empty your mind so that it offers no resistance to demon possession. Chase after this at your peril. Once the demons are there, they may manifest so called powers, which are just parlor tricks for them. If you want to see real power, in the same country as this clown, christians are raising the dead, through the power of Jesus Christ.

www.megashift.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hi ya Valhall

What happen to your Avatar/profile? ...looks kinda..erm...drained compared to when i last saw it (months ago)

you see the humility in his face from realizing he had let his ego step in to do the stunt

This is what i thought also, the only way for this to exist as a deception, is if the documentary itSELF is intended to decieve.... but it doesn't have that air about it.

I would REALLY like to know more about this Doc. and where it came from, what was it called? when when is aired? WHAT ELSE has this reporter/producer had is hands in?

I really am going to bed now, but will look more into it tommorrow.

AoN

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm a bit surprised that her on ATS, people seem to be taking a video at face value.
That said, I find it hard to believe, and you can blame it on me not being in tune with my internal energy or whatever. I base this on what we see in the second video from the OP.

To make this video, the filmmaker must've known it would be branded a Fraud. Most experiences like this are, unless backed up with qualified proof. But he makes no allowance for some of the "tricks"
What am I talking about?

the LED trick.
Could you hold it in a more obscure way? Why dont you show us your whole hand? Reaks of "Pay no attention to what the man behind the curtain is doing"

The Superman "Stop a bullet" trick.
Again same things. Don't hide the hand when performing tricks like this. It makes your audience nervous. He could have had the bullet in his hand the whole time. If you want to appear to tell the truth, show us everything. Its natures way of saying "I have nothing to hide."

The Chopstick through the table trick
This trick, from a guy who got mad when he was filmed the last time? Doesn't sit right. Also, I , as an audience member , didn't understand why it was so difficult for him to go through the formica first, he was able to go through it second? Why not explain that? Gosd knows if its on my mind, its on someone elses. Also, With it starting from a point where we cant see it, its once gain, parlor tricks. GOOD parlor tricks, but thats it.

Aside from that, I feel that the introduction of "officials" as it were, was a poor attempt to guide the audience ito thinking that theyre being watched out for, like its being supervised. Its not hard to think that they were in on it from the get go.

If the filmmaker wanted to do this right, he would have accounted for these things, offered reasons, or offered another display for us to see. Maybe just a bad fillmaker, but thats all I have to judge on.

It s a HOAX.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Uh no, these powers are not latent. Such things are mediated by demons. That is why the Bible forbids witchcraft.

The Bible is full of stories of healing. Proof of a miracle such as this is one of the criteria for declaring someone a saint. Christianity is full of stories of stigmata, bi-location, raising the dead, visions, and the like. What makes this witchcraft?

Do you think Jesus would dissaprove of healing people and meditation?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnocentBystander

Uh no, these powers are not latent. Such things are mediated by demons. That is why the Bible forbids witchcraft.

The Bible is full of stories of healing. Proof of a miracle such as this is one of the criteria for declaring someone a saint. Christianity is full of stories of stigmata, bi-location, raising the dead, visions, and the like. What makes this witchcraft?

Do you think Jesus would dissaprove of healing people and meditation?

No, not if it was done through witchcraft or occult means. All occultic miracles are performed by the power of the devil and his minions. Most of the so called catholic miracles of the modern era are occultic and demonic as well.

However there are genuine movements of God wherein miracles are performed by the power of the Holy Spirit. I know people who have been healed this way, including someone who was instantly healed of chronic fatigue syndrome and another who was instantly healed of a broken arm.

The trick is learning how to discern the fake miracles from the real ones. The real ones come from believers who worship in spirit and truth, ie they have the correct doctrine and the right motives.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join