It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW!! Qigong magic..jeEEez, if this is real..Whew!!Must Watch Very Interesting!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
The control, the accuracy, the power, it's all there. Your clip of the other martial artist pales in comparison.

No comparison but some come close in some ways.

dude, you are funny as hell.

you are comparing footage of bruce lee, in a movie. scenes that were choreographed and filmed numerous times till perfect and you sare saying that knockout kick 6 seconds into the rounds pales in comparison...

dude, it is now very, very clear that you sir, are a total fanboy and really don't know what you're on about...i am confident in that...

movie fight scenes and staged clips....

that is too funny

suicide, you see that?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
you are comparing footage of bruce lee, in a movie. scenes that were choreographed and filmed numerous times till perfect and you sare saying that knockout kick 6 seconds into the rounds pales in comparison...

I've seen knockout blows before.

Feel free to give us choreographed video links

The point is if you are THAT GOOD, it doesn't matter. You can't fake it even if it is choreographed.

A kick is still a kick and a punch is still a punch. Most of the clips anyone can get on the Net will not show someone having blood gushing out of their face from a blow to the head. So penetrating power is difficult to demonstrate in a video clip of a fight in the ring.

However, you can't fake speed AND if you have some experience in the martial arts, you can tell if the punches and kicks are FLIMSY (meaning little power).

Hell, I can tell from my own workouts when I am throwing a flippy strike and when I am shooting a powerful one. It shows in the mirror as well as by how my body feels when I deliver them.

You know this from your own M.A. experience...right?

Lee would say to avoid throwing flippy kicks.

I agree.

A good martial artist can discriminate between the two on-screen.

A really good example is the triple turning kick (with his right leg to the head) that Lee delivers in E.T.D. at the beginning of the grand battle at the end of the film.

THAT is not a flippy kick

Trust me.

[edit on 8-8-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
nah man, i disagree comletely. the human body is far different than a bag and a REAL fight is far different than the choreographed stuff. when you know what is going to happen, you're in a different zone.
you don't have to worry about what if he feints and then throws left, then i'll have to adjust, so this, sprawl, etc..

all he has to do is throw a punch in a pre determined spot and he can do it 100 times till it is just right...

come on bro..your whole posr was just silly.

what i learned from my experiences was how to fight. i did not learn to throw fast kicks at th eair but if that makes you THE MAN, then hey, you're the man.

now i am not saying this matches the speed or anything but for choreogrqraphed fights, i like stuff like this. i'm not too into the one punch knockout with a 5 second groan.

this is jackie chan

i do love drunken boxing and jackie is killer at it

*not practical for real fighting though

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
how about tony jaa. i am a HUGE fan of him..(muay thai)

watch this...the how is the speed and accuracy for ya on this after about 55 seconds

now we're talking

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
You are talking about feints and I am talking about kicks and punches.

I am not interested in who wins the fight per se. I am interested in how perfectly the techniques are demonstrated.

Anyone can get a lucky shot at someone and win a fight. Two fighters of equal ability have had that happen before.

all he has to do is throw a punch in a pre determined spot and he can do it 100 times till it is just right...

And how is it that no one else has been able to do that as well, despite all the choreography and the hundreds (more like thousands) of takes?

Hmmm?

BINGO.

Again, feel free to supply choreographed fight scenes.

You can even throw in some free-form katas videos if you are so inclined.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
You are talking about feints and I am talking about kicks and punches.

Anyone can get a lucky shot at someone and win a fight. Two fighters of equal ability have had that happen before.

no, i was talking about fighting, then i showed you a REAL clip and you retorted with a clip from a friggin movie.
you probably did not even watch what i showed you and are not going to change your mind.

i gave you a few links to things i like and imo, for movie scenes and demo, show better skill level than bruce.

i don't really know what else to say to you...you are saying that he threw movie kicks and punches better and stronger than anyone...i mean, you sound like you are 8 and just discovered him..

we disagree. lets leave it at that.

you are giving me a headache on that subject.

so, do you like tony jaa? ever seen drunken master?

edit* you opinion is that nobody threw the movie stuff better than bruce...it's just an opinion and holds no water on how well versed he was at techniwue or anything for that matter.

he was super fast in the movies ans nobody has thrown movie punches better, nanner nanner.
i feel like i am talking to my boy and he's 11

[edit on 8-8-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Tony Jaa is outstanding

Definitely better than Jet Li in kicking and gymnastic ability.

Now let's do a little comparison, shall we?

In the second clip you provided, Tony Jaa starts out with a triple turning kick with his left leg against a pad. We don't know how many takes he had to get that one right, but that doesn't matter.

Now let's compare that to Lee's triple turning kick with his right leg in this clip. Sorry for the blurred picture but you now know exactly what I am referring to.

BINGO

EDIT: I see that you have given up for tonight and signed off. So I guess I will call it a night as well.

Lecithin works well with headaches. Try it.

[edit on 8-8-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Meh. In my home country (Malaysia) there's a guy who is better than that. He can light incandescent bulbs and fluorescent lights instead of a measly LED. If you don't believe me, you can ask anyone from Malaysia. Anyone from Malaysia reading this? I think kontol is from Malaysia given his user name.
Almost everyone in Malaysia knows about him and he's appeared in some television shows in the past a few times.

He's a healer like him, but unlike him, he did it for money. He also trains martial arts for a living.

I went to him to heal my sinusitis problem. Instead of touching me he used a spoon to give me shocks. And this is really a normal stainless steel spoon that he put it on his table when he talked to me. The reason he used a spoon is because he didn't want to touch me. He said that I have dirty blood in me from eating 'blooded animals'. Unfortunately it wasn't him who administered the final treatment to me but it was one of his cohorts. My sinusitis didn't went away - (it actually went away after an Indonesian dude told me to get certain herb combinations)
and his minions didin't have special abilities like him, and I feel cheated.

From what I heard form others he can't use his abilities to make money so he used other people to make money from him. But I assure you guys this guy is real. he was the only Muslim or one of the few 'outsiders' who was accepted to be trained as a shaolin monk in Hunan and passed all tests. They don't have a website, but it's been mentioned here, a martial arts discussion website here
and here
By the way it's in Malay.

Currently he's one of the few guys in Malaysia who has this ability and 'invulnerability' abilities as well, called 'ilmu kebal'.
It is well known in my country that some of these guys can withstand bullets.
I don't have any evidence to back this up but if you are a sceptic and a scientist and are reading this I suggest you come to Malaysia to look up this dude and say 'I don't believe you can do any of this rubbish' 'you are a fake'
or 'gimme your best shot, you liar' and I will assure you he can show it to you. And oh be sure to test out a gun on him too.

Oh and the martial art heroes of the movies are pansies compared to the real martial artists of, you know, the real world
, where there are no camera tricks, no inflatable cushions and no medics and no cgis.

[edit on 8-8-2007 by omnicron]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Hey Paul, I'm with you, I consider Bruce to have been possibly the best fighter to have walked the planet. I've also trained with James Demille one of Bruce's original students, he has some stories to tell. He was a golden gloves champion boxer in the air force, undefeated in over 50 matches, when they first met they had a bit of a run in and Bruce only 17 or 18 years of age played with him like he was a five year old. (his own words). I am currently training in James Demiles system based on Bruce's original teachings pre dating Jeet Kune Do.

Bruce was a martial artist first movie star second.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
Hey Paul, I'm with you, I consider Bruce to have been possibly the best fighter to have walked the planet.

are you really serious?
the best fighter ever eh? cause he allegedly had 50 fights? any of these documented? filmed? anyome besides that 1 student that can verify?

best fighter....thats a laugh.
clearly you have never seen a 'fighter'.

i literally can not believe that people think this way...

i mean people can believe what they want i just like to know why.
for being the best fighter ever, there sure is little in the way of info as far as his fights and such....
all the footage i have seen he was hitting wooden men, bags, or head to toe pads...go figure.

how much did bruce weigh? like 135

we calling him the best in his weight class or open weight....

135lbs...i take takanori gomi or rumina sato over bruce...thats for starters.

vs

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
meh! It's a pity he's not alive still, Bruce trained and fought with them all in his day he was a freak of nature and a brilliant man as well, you should read some of his philosophy. And show some respect he virtually reshaped modern martial arts. He introduced Chinese martial arts to the states, most martial artists agree he was something special, well the ones that can remember.
Read my early post regarding UFC, they're good athletes but real fighting is something very ugly and vulgar, it's not the stuff you see in the ring. It's not about technique it's about the man or the woman, That's my conclusion after more than 20 years research as I'd call it.
sorry wrong subject matter.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by squiz]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
i don't have to show bruce lee anything....

who did he train with and fight with in his day? very curious about this?
who? norris? wallace? beny the jet? please...

he was brilliant. i have acknowledged his philosophy many times now in this thread yet it gets glossed over by the fanboys who are too worried about trying to prove he is the toughest around.
he was a great philosopher. i dig his outlook on life and training very much..

as far as you saying real righting is not what you see in the ring...pride/ufc, etc is as close as you are going to get to a REAL fight as possible without having it be totally no rules and in an alley....you are helping to prove my point.

real fighting is ugly...in a 'real fight', it does not look like that clip of bruce vs chuck from the movie...all the fancy wing chun wooden man techniques will not help you in a real fight...it is NOT practical....i have been trying to say that this entire thread..
bruce as smart, talented, graceful and many other things but in the end, his fighting ability/style was ultimately uneffective for real world purposes...
it's been proven again and again since 1995 in many countries...the footage is there for all to see if they want to.

but come on, i will concede all the chi stuff. i will concede that he was THE MAN with the chi and being tuned into his body and all that. i will not concede that he was the best fighter on the planet or that nobody has attained a level of training that he had.
THAT, is pure ignorance right there.

if bruce was such a great fighter, why did he never fight? he gave 'demo's(in full protection) at competitions, but he never fought in any..why, if he could have wiped the floor with them?
don't make sense.

now look at someone like rolls gracie, a fighter...he was a jui jitsu fighter from brazil, joined international folk wrestling and sambo competitions, competed in sport hui jitsu competitions...you know, fighting......
you can't be labelled a fighter if you don't fight.

this is how kicks look in real life...an accurate, fast, strong kick

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Bruce lee was the best fighter ever. Ever the best was he. He is the greatest fighter to be the greatest fighter ever in the history of the world. Ever ever ever ever ever

BRUCE LEE ROCKS!!!! I win buahahahaha

I couldnt let it go without getting the last word on this rediculouse thread.

Guess I'm just as rediculouse,but at least I know one thing ......ever

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Usually, you don't really get to see any Kungfu tournament fights of any real calibre. They usually end up as a "messy looking tussle".

This one is the best i've found on the net.....

The style of the shaolin 'master' is quite stunning to watch, great reflexes.

Be warned though, if you are watching this on an LCD screen, you'll need to turn the brightness RIGHT down.

Enjoy

AoN

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Oh yeah.... and on a side note.

This guy is in his 60s (maybe 70s), i saw this on a documentary a while back.

This also has a "WTF" feeling about it.

Killing someone with ONE finger?!? Back in his day i REALLY bet he could

Crazy!! and soOo DAMNED impressive

AoN

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
anomic, thanks for that....looks more like a demo than a fight though...all those fancy mantis techniques are for naught...

i would have liked to have seen bruce fight in even those types of competitions

this is the vid i was looking for..this is a closed door match between royce gracie and jason delucia...
delucia has been studying kung fu for 15 years at the time of the vid. he also practices jeet un do...

lets see how he does

delucia lasted a whole 23 seconds before he was taken down where all his kung fu crap is isolated and can not be used.

i would love for all the kung fu guys to watch that....delucia did not land a single strike...not one.
he looked like a baby out there.

here is the same guy demonstrating his 'combat aikido'

at least delucia fought for real...here is his record
www.sherdog.com...

33 wins and 20 losses...

65% of his losses or 13 of them are by way of him tapping out....
40% of his wins are by way of decision....

*yawn*...at least he fought though...more than we can say for THE MAN

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
that last vid you posted was pretty cool.
i liked that

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
You know my real quam with grapeling, its not a multi opponent fighting system. any of them.. It is designed for a ring, or maybe a one on one. I really like some of it, just I dont see it as totally practical. but I guess that brings it all back to being well rounded. Which is someones philosophy.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
well boon dock, I really think you've been persistant enough about the subject so I guess you deserve an open ended argumant. "props"

www.ocf.berkeley.edu...

"Why was Bruce Lee so famous, and why is he still thought of as the Master of Chinese Martial Arts?
Another interresting thing about Bruce Lee is his true ability to perform martial arts. He criticized Karate for its brocken motions, and Wing Chun for its flashy techniques. Both, he said, were not ideal to use in actual combat. This is the reason for the creation of Jeet Kune Do (JKD). JKD was designed to be used in real life situations. It's style is no style. The goal of JKD is not to master certain techniques, but to let your body express the techniques in its own way. Everyone has his own style, and JKD is a form of bringing it out. "

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
As far as him never fighting

"Bruce Lee Kicks Ass in Real Life

These are a few of the fights that Bruce participated in the ring and out.

1958:
vs. Gary Elms in a tournament. (Won)
1958 or 1959:
Against Chung on a rooftop in Hong Kong. (Won in 2nd Round)
1960 - Seattle:
Bruce backfisted a guy and busted his nose after Bruce saw him harrassing a Chinese Girl. Bruce was taking a walk. This fight was witnessed by James DeMile.
1960 or 1961:
vs. Uechi. (Won in 10 seconds)
Summer 1963 - Hong Kong:
Bruce snapped a low kick to a punk's shin after the punk and his friend harrassed him during an evening stroll. "

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join