It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW!! Qigong magic..jeEEez, if this is real..Whew!!Must Watch Very Interesting!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
Show us people on video who can kick and punch with great speed and also demonstrate great power in their techniques.

[edit on 8-8-2007 by Paul_Richard]

then do a youtube search..
mirko filopovic
ernesto hoost
peter aerts
andy hug

---------

there are 4 people you can't search through for yourself.
you want fast, accurate, and strong strikes.
there you go.

when you are ready for me, i will give you more names

[edit on 8-8-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee
The fact that no one has been able to replicate his speed or power is a FACT.

source?

also, wooden men don't hit back

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Wow you guys really are going in circles here, like the last guy said, lets move on from Bruce Lee for now, its not getting anywhere. Talk about something else.

i tried. i am astill waiting on if anyone knows why from the vids on the very first post, the people need to be 'grounded' when the master dude made it very clear it was not electricity.

also, here is a 10 minute video of people performing their amazing reats of chi....watch close and see for yourself. no dount SOME of this is legit, but a far cry from lighting crap on fire.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
also, it's a bbc documentary that i posted.

@2:50 there is a great display of a guy putting his throat on a sharp blae, and then someone puts bricks on his back, and THEN they hit it with a sledge...but that was after they bent steel using only their thoats....to me though, it looks like they started using their throats and started using more and more of the upper chest.
also, why were they so close on his throat when he put his neck on the blade and stacked bricks on his back, but when the hit came, the camera zoomed way out?

why is that do you think?

we're back on chi so please don't ignore.

edit*
@ 48 seconds, one guy holds a sword up to his chest while another one hits that sword, to show it won't cut him...why don't the guy just hit himself?
why does the sword have the fabric on it right where it meets his skin?
again, the camera zooms out for the hit, but it takes us back in for a few frames of a slo mo replay....

i'm not done watching yet

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Boondock78,

Links please.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
@3:59 a guy lays on a bed of nails with a plank of wood on top of him. then, another guy jumps on the plank of wood, rams a sword in his neck and BENDS the sword...
he's not using that pesky piece of wood though is he??
i mean, it kinda looks like it is touching....

also, what is the sword made of? he is really trying hard or just flexing his muscles and making faces?

@5:07 a guy lays on the ground with a plank of wood full of nails turned upside down onto his chest, in between 2 ramps and another guy drives a scooter over him....no blood

but why is the guy not laying on the cement? why the mats?
how long/sharp/wide are the nails?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Yep...I saw that clip before of those performers demonstrating Chi.

It is good.

However, lighting "crap" on fire and levitation is still better.

By the way, Chi or Ki is not radiation, electricity, or electromagnetism and it cannot be directly measured with instrumentation.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Boondock78,

Links please.

Thank you.

what do you want me to give you?
films of them in front of a time lapsed camera and a nag that measures force?
each of those guys mentioned are very popular mma fighters(hug is dead) and have multiple fights on youtube and google.
i'm not going to go looking around specific fights for you.

these guys have highlight reels and footage of them training...
there is all kinds of footage out there(unlike THE MAN)....
you can either scope it out or not, either way, i know what time it is.
i am merley discussing/debating on a board....

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
In case any one is interested in actually practicing this at home, which is perfectly safe short of trying to break blades on your flesh. just do the excersizes, nothing else, yet.lol

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 8-8-2007 by newyorkee]

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 8-8-2007 by newyorkee]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
what do you want me to give you?

That was in regard to the old debate.

Don't worry about it.

Let's continue on with the Qigong discussion.

Did you view my recent Qigong links a page back?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
ok. i will play.
here is one fo rnow.
mirko vs bob sapp

3:53 seconds. seems like a pretty fast, accurate, strong punch to me.

now of course everything is not in perfect form cause it is after all, a fight.

since i am putting up at least something, can you?
can i get some footage of bruce performing these fast, accurate, strong punches?
thanks...i'd like to see the setting and the target?
fair is fair right?

well, i have one of bruce and it is short....it is fast, i will give you that BUT, is it strong and accurate?

here is bruce dong some more fast stuff but i don't know if it is accurate or strong, as he is not hitting anything

o well
www.youtube.com...

here is another mirko kick. this clip is very short and the kick comes at 6 seconds...very fast, looks pretty accurate and also looks strong

how is it again that people figure was so fast, strong, and accurate...i will give that he was fast but thats it......

also, anything on the qigong vid?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Did you view my recent Qigong links a page back?

no...right now i am still watching the 10 minute one i posted, and digging up vids for you...

2 vids of bruce, 2 vids of mirko...

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I was just wondering, from an evolutionary point of view, if these abilities are in the end achievable by most, then at what time did we "practice" these excersizes in our questionable "stages" of development. Did we "discover" them or did they always exist to us at varrying levels through out time. If our ancestors had these inate abilities, and lets assume they did and KNEW of them, then how did these abilities reach the point they have now, being so occult and latent. Where in history did the need for these things dicipate. Or are they emerging now?

It would be interesting to see what links if any these arts have to history unfolding the way it has. If at any point armies, or leaders had these gifts, we should put them under the microscope and see if practitioners with them used them ethically. This could explain many annomilies surrounding "patriarch" figures in history. From magicians, to "angels", and "gods". I bet there is a complex and underlying history to all this. Where did it come from? We know that a man named bohit darma brought the Indian fighting arts to the buhdist monks in china, so as to keep them in shape and not fall asleep during meditation. Did the then young kung fu(which fed the emergence of all other forms of martial arts) merge with an existing practice of "Chi" manipulation? Or did it spawn this concept?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Boon dock, you seem to focus on the fighting part of all this. Did it ever occur to you what the real purpose of it was meant for, as accepted by many founding diciplines? It is "stop fighting". Not all that is learned is meant to be used. If not all these men and women that dedicate their lives to martial arts would be doing so so as to perpetuate endless slaughter. Their teachers for all these years would have been fooling them into becoming mass murders. It has very little to do with destructive power, it does have alot to do with the preservation of life.

The last chinese emperor once said that the true demonstration of power is not the power to destroy but rather the power to destroy coupled with the will not to do so. To not be able to destory something does not teach restraint. It is an impossibility. To teach how to destroy offers the student the "CHOICE" not to. That is why for all this time peaceful men and women have persued these fighting arts. Not just for self defence, but for greater will power for good. We would be safer by forgetting how to wage war. We wouldnt be safe from it being born again though. By teaching the reasons not to do so we ensure our safety. These only make sense after knowing evil. Doesnt mean it is the sole reason for learning them.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Boon dock, you seem to focus on the fighting part of all this.

^^^i do..i will agree

Not all that is learned is meant to be used.

^^yes, that is what the traditional martial arts is all about...when the topic starts to go from the qigong/spiritual part to bruce lee having attained things no other martial artist/mma fighter has, i have to jump in.
thats why i get uptight....i get the philosophical side totally.
but we got people coming on raving about how string and accurate bruce lee's punches were and attribute that to chi, well, how do you know how strong and accurate they were?
cause there are 12 second, low quality films out there of him throwing low shin kicks on a stationary man?
cause he shows how fast he can throw a punch, yet he hits nothing?
if we're talking bruces chi(your term) then lets talk about his 2 finger pushups, his physique, his balance and flexability....
that is a lot different than thrwong fast, strong, accurate strikes and attaining levels of training that NOBODY else has...it's just false.

does this answer good enough?

Not just for self defence, but for greater will power for good.

^^agreed. i acknowledged as much pages back. i acknowledged the benefits of traditional martial arts.
we also have to address the martial arts 'schools' that are in malls and at ymca's....you're not gonna learn to harness chi from teh grandmaster 10th dan at the mall....
know what i mean?

move to india or go be a monk....devote your life and i'll hand it to ya...
THE MAN, did NOT do that...

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
how is it again that people figure was so fast, strong, and accurate...i will give that he was fast but thats it......

The first video doesn't pull up.

Good links on Bruce Lee

One to demonstrate his fast kick and the other to demonstrate his fast punch.

Those clips are like giving candy to Bruce Lee fans.

Bruce Lee Fights Guards In Enter The Dragon

The control, the accuracy, the power, it's all there. Your clip of the other martial artist pales in comparison.

Another martial artist worthy of mention is Bill "Superfoot" Wallace. He was known to clock out opponents with a hook kick. This is very hard to do unless one has unique flexibility and overall kicking ability. He was better with his feet than his hands in the ring.

Enter The Dragon Highllights

Staged Fight Of Bruce Lee Versus Japanese School Check out his speed here as well

A Groovin Enter The Dragon Clip

No comparison but some come close in some ways.

EDIT: Added Superfoot link.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Not everyone needs the same level of dedication. Some are gifted, and take for granted thier gifts, all the while those that strive live in awe of thier struggle. So THE MAN wasnt a 50+ year practitioner. So what, he did die young, and would have probably dedicated his life in its entirety to the advancement of martial arts. He did try to make it in movies, but his reasons were because he wanted to lift the veil on what to him was something very misunderstood. Remeber the times he came from. Besides his involment in those "copout" films injected an unprecedented interest in that facet of asian culture. He tried to portray "real" martial arts in a world of flying swordsmen and crazzy faced super heros that dominated the movies about martial arts of the time. He tried to make them as true as possible. As far as him not being a practical fighter, he proved his metal on the streets as a youth, being a rather succesful gang member, fighting for literal survival, as well as less noble ends. All in all, many would argue flaws in his philosophies, but not the validity of his time as a practitioner. I, as of yet lack any way of measuring anyones "chi" let alone someone who is long dead. Let his memory be of his good in his life, not his validity. If he were such an ass than I doubt so many would honor him as one of the greats. I see him as the greatest but that is just more opinion. As for his mention, again, I'm done. This subject is totally ruined for me. but before I go..........................

BRUCE LEE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I was just wondering, from an evolutionary point of view, if these abilities are in the end achievable by most, then at what time did we "practice" these excersizes in our questionable "stages" of development. Did we "discover" them or did they always exist to us at varrying levels through out time.

Both.

If our ancestors had these inate abilities, and lets assume they did and KNEW of them, then how did these abilities reach the point they have now, being so occult and latent. Where in history did the need for these things dicipate. Or are they emerging now?

In various degrees, they have always been there. Some have been more aware of them than others, depending upon the culture and level of education.

It would be interesting to see what links if any these arts have to history unfolding the way it has. If at any point armies, or leaders had these gifts, we should put them under the microscope and see if practitioners with them used them ethically.

Some have used it ethically. Most have not.

You won't find armies that had them. Only individuals and rare ones at that.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Not everyone needs the same level of dedication. Some are gifted, and take for granted thier gifts, all the while those that strive live in awe of thier struggle.

As I stated previously in this thread, talent and genius is derived simply through experience. Specifically from periods before birth, i.e., former incarnations and during the Interlife or period in-between physical embodiment.

If you are a very good martial artist now but are limited due to a physical handicap or simply from being old, you can take all your experience with you to your next incarnation. To then pick up where you left off, so to speak, and progress fast in the martial arts. Again, this is due to your extensive experience in having done it before.

That is why, after being crippled for six months from a back injury (from not warming up correctly when lifting weights), Bruce Lee could not only get back what he lost but actually achieved a higher level of martial arts fitness than he had prior to his injury. The other reason is because he had a Gift of Chi which enabled him to train as intensely as he did for as often as he did without injury.

Chi or Ki, as stated in one of the videos I posted a link to, also provides healing energy. That healing energy is essential for intense training in the martial arts

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join