It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Incapacitating Flashlight: An LED flashlight makes culprits vomit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Flashlight that makes you vomit

I dont know if this could really be considered a weapon, but by all standards, if something can make you vomit it should be a weapon.

Researchers developing this piece for The department of Homeland Security have noted that the flashliughts effectiveness depends on the person, and the effects range from disorientation to vertigo to nausea, and they wear off in a few minutes.

I dont know what is is with perople wanting to make the baddies puke. First the military ray that makes you puke, now this. These guys need to put in another mvie rather than Minority Report for once. What other puking items will they think of next. Any suggestions to spur along creativity?

The flashlight, which is being developed for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), uses a range finder to measure the distance to the target's eyes so that it can adjust the energy of the light to a level that won't cause permanent damage. Then it rapidly shoots out pulses of light from an array of ultrabright light emitting diodes (LEDs).

...The LED flashlight comes with a few caveats. The person being targeted could easily look away, or he or she might be wearing heavily tinted glasses. And the device would not be useful to, say, a security agent who is chasing a suspected attacker. "It is designed to be used on someone coming at you," Lieberman says. Also, the flashlight's effects are less during the day. But Lieberman notes that security agents will more likely face situations in which they need the device at night.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This situation is ridiculous. It sounds like someone in the government is lining their friends pockets with this nonsense.

Out of all the ideas out there this is the one they come up with ?
The one that can be defeated by dark tinted glasses ?
The one that can be defeated by a dust cloud ?
The one that can be defeated by looking away ?

You've got to be kidding me !

Is there someone we can impeach (jk) ?

join