It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vacationing French President Attacks AP Photographers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Vacationing French President Attacks AP Photographers

www.foxnews.com

CONCORD, N.H. — French President Nicolas Sarkozy lost his temper with two American news photographers covering his vacation Sunday, jumping onto their boat and scolding them loudly in French.

The confrontation came Sunday afternoon as Sarkozy and companions were headed for open water in a boat on Lake Winnipesaukee when he spotted Associated Press photographer Jim Cole and freelancer Vince DeWitt aboard Cole's boat, which was outside a buoy barrier monitored by the New Hampshire Marine Patrol.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Hmm, the President of France jumps from his boat into the journalist's boat, takes their camera and starts shouting at them in French!

This must have been a humorous scene, and probably quite surprising to the photographers!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
You know, I don't really like Sarko's sociopolitical position, but I have to say,
the guy's cool in my book for this.

I may believe in freedom of the press, but I also believe in privacy and the media
infringes on politicians and celebrities freedoms far to much.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The French should be careful when the go aboard boats that they do not own.

Anyone remember Rainbow Warrior?

The Camera dude should've knocked him on his derriere for tresspassing!

MonKey

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
This must have been a humorous scene, and probably quite surprising to the photographers!

It also had to come as a big surprise to the Secret Service agents and his own agents.

If reported just as it happened it also show we might want to think twice when discussing issues with him because he obviously is a hot head.

new topics

top topics

join